Please restore the ability to toggle auras / buffs

I haven’t played since 1.1.9.7 so I was interested to see the new mechanic of buffs being auto applied. It’s an interesting feature but there are times when I would like to turn certain things off. Unfortunately we can no longer add buff skills to the skill bar and we can’t toggle them off without resetting all our skill points.

For example, I am playing with an Occultist / Shaman build and both of them have several buffs that reserve energy from the energy bar **. Automatically applying all buffs with this type of penalty inadvertently forces the player to invest points in energy instead of say a physique build.

Please consider restoring the ability for us to manually toggle buffs / auras. You already offer “classic casting” and “classic targeting” options so a “classic buffs” would fit well. This would allow the player the flexibility to focus on custom builds rather than “guess I have to take this build”.

Occultist has Solale’s Witchfire (rank 1 = 75 energy reserve), Second Rite (rank 1 = +18 energy reserve to Solale’s), Bonds of Bismiel (rank 1 = 75 energy reserve) Manipulation (rank 1 = +18 energy reserve to Bonds).

Shaman has Mogdrogen’s Pact (rank 1 = 50 energy reserve), Heart of the Wild (rank 1 = 35 energy reserve), Oak Skin (rank 1 = 35 energy reserve).

And of course each of these penalties increases for additional ranks. Yes, I’m aware that adding skill points to the class also increases the three main stats but as I suggested earlier, if you have several skills across both chosen classes that have the same resource penalty, you sort of become forced to take a “best practices” route for your character and have less freedom to try varying builds.

With the ability to toggle some of these buffs off, maybe I could do without Solale’s for a few minutes and use the extra energy to cast the fireball that the Ember in my weapon has provided me :slight_smile:

So you’re playing a summoner that also casts fireball but you refuse to invest on spirit? I don’t follow.

Besides that, the age of “invest full physique because spirit and cunning are trash” is long gone since Crate buffed those two stats to also give health.

what? @_@
in what way is this beneficial? or ever more useful than the passive stats Solael give + then just not using fireball for the duration and either using something else, or waiting until your mana comes back naturally?
^that final part is also pretty key, “you’re supposed to manage your energy reserves so they can be used actively”, pretty sure it was never a game mechanic/intended for players to switch off their buffs as part of energy management, but get energy regen or mana leech etc

If you feel that the energy reserved interferes with the mana cost of couple basic skills for partial intermittent “random” use, dare i say you need to take a look at your character and figure out the oversight, or readjust your build approach. - even warlords with like 70% energy reserved can use their skills…

I don’t care much about buffs being auto-cast, because I happened to use them “the intended way”, that is cast them all immediately after entering the game. But I understand people unhappy about the change.

Imagine if :crate: automated a different mechanism and you were using it “wrong” all these years. For example let’s automatically add 2 skill points to mastery bar on every level up leaving players only 1 point to freely allocate. It’s how you’re supposed to play, right? Or maybe not? We may never know until a wild update comes along and forces you to adapt.

I think having an option to make the toggles manual would be nice. If some people want it.

But the reason for the energy problems of the OP is an unbalanced build indeed. I’d suggest make it less energy hungry, Mogdrogen’s Pact has some energy regen, there are lots of items and components with energy regen as well, nothing wrong with pumping some Spirit.

The mention of fireball in the OP was just a silly example. But so far most of the replies have done a good job proving my point. Your first reaction is to educate someone on the “proper” build which is exactly the drawback that I was posting about.

Some people play veteran or hardcore, others play with non-standard builds. Both can be fun and challenging but having always active buffs that reserve resources forces you to take specific abilities to offset which limits the deviation from the “best build”.

the point is/was
A, devs already addressed this, several times, auto buffs is here to stay
B, other people made way better cases than you did; your argument has got to be the worst of the bunch for the consideration,
and yes, it has nothing to do with not accepting niche fun or non standard builds exsiting; but grasping an extremely basic concept that was already a non issue before; simple energy management
now energy per second cost is gone, energy regen has had a net increase across the board, so what was a non issue before “because even the silliest of meme build never struggled so much for mana they had to turn their frickin reserve buffs off”, is a much less issue now energy management has become even better
so yes, 3000% build issue in this specific case, and being such a poor reasoning really doesn’t warrant much better responses, compared to some of the actual use cases where devs still (sadly) rejected the idea of manual toggle buffs