Please revert the new design on Blade Spirits

This has already been mentioned but imo it can’t be stressed enough. First, I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and I appreciate all the work from all the devs, and there have been some stunning FX reworks lately, but let me just say it: the new design of Blade Spirits is plain ugly. They look like two blobs navy blue vomit. At first I thought it was because of my low graphic settings. So I maxed everything out, and they look even worse then.

Furthermore, they clutter the screen and, for the lack of a better expression, you can’t see shit. Please remove all the blue. Just leave the swirling spirit blades, make them ghostly, transparent. They are supposed to be spirits, not ink blobs.

Do you think the new Blade Spirits are nice, pretty, beautiful, practically designed?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

1 Like

Is there an I don’t care option? Cause I frankly don’t care :stuck_out_tongue:

tbh i agree, they looked much better before and like you i thought it was because of my graphics settings so i cranked everything up to max and yeah… they still looked bad. Im not using them at the moment because they are just too obscuring. I made a thread about this a while ago and people jumped in saying how great they look so i dunno, i guess its fairly subjective to the individual.

Well, i kinda voted for the wrong one, due i thought the question was about: If crate should revert it back… based on your Topic Title(i should’ve read properly)… and then even mistook the skill as well. However about your question: while the new one is a bit overtuned i still like it better than the old one.

I remember someone saying Blade Spirits are almost invisible now, then saw them on stream and I wasn’t sure if that guy had no eyes or was just fucked on his brain. But yeah, I also didn’t really like the new design. Not that it looks bad or anything, just weird. I think the blue-ish thing around them should be rather snow-ish, as they are cold based and piercing along with bleeding is represented via the blades in the effect already.

1 Like

Did you already decrease particle density in order to see more through the spirits?
I find them slightly uglier than before - ok for me.
What´s REALLY worse now is the RoS! 3 dead-slow scimitars doing one full turn around the player… nah.
Before it was like all hell breaks loose!

Dislike
I like the new look on BS
Only one thing i dislike is new PB

I’ve to so much disagree with it, that my disagreement actually breaks the hell loose. That was also the Skill which i mistake Blade Spirit for at first(i don’t know why, but i mix this both skill by its name up everytime). Now you have an actuall proper animation for it with blades actually properly displayed, and looks amazing, the old one was more like an blue ring of something…

I don’t have an issue with the new design. I did prefer the old design for elemental storm over the new one however. But it doesn’t bother me that much either.

Terrible blobby blowout spirits.

yeah ring of steel animation looks kind of slow. i was expecting to be more of a sudden explosion of swords and debris, but it looks more like this slowish shockwave with some swords going around in a circle.

I actually think the new Blade Spirits look pretty good. I liked the old ones, too, so I wouldn’t necessarily say the new ones look better, but they’re nice, and I don’t think they should be reverted back to the old design.

I also very much like the new Ring of Steel animation, in fact, I think it’s much, much better than the old one.

What I do agree with, is that the old Phantasmal Blades looked better. The trail on the new blades is too long, it makes them look almost as spears or something, instead of knives.