PLZ let me use the minimap in a useful way

Hi, first i want to say that i really like this game a lot and enjoy many of its current features. It runs really well on my mediocre PC and i like that CRATE is so community-friendly regarding modding since i do mod almost every game i play. I have played the game for a few hundred hours by now (probably more than thousand) and the one issue that bugs me is that i can not zoom out on the minimap.

I know most environments by now relatively well, but when i raise a new character i try to get almost everything uncovered. Which means that i have to use the normal map quite often to check if i have not missed out on something important. This behaviour means that i can barely enjoy the beauty of the environment since i spent way to much time looking at the map instead of my character and its surroundings.

If i would see more on the minimap i could use it instead of the map screen which is way less distracting from actual gameplay. With the zoomfactor it has right now its utterly useless for me. I do know you can enlarge the minimap but that does not help at all. I mean you can zoom out/in really far on the normal map, so why lock the minimap?

I have read a few answers on similar topics but they do not cover the fact that having to use the map so often just takes away a lot of immersion and not using it and always feeling that i might miss something important is not helpful either.

So plz make the minimap zoomable or if you do not like to give me an understandable reason why. Or maybe you can point me to a possibility to mod the zoomrate inside the minimap? Even if not zoomable if i could alter it to show a different scale ingame permanently it would be alright too…

Thx in advance and big thumbs up for the rest of your efforts regarding this game…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Compass/radar/minimap size