Potions are not skills

innovative changes? GD is a great game currently, and for many better than D4 and PoE, the only thing it needs is to polish a few things, nothing more.

Yeah, this one as well. I mean, it’s not like those are OP, right? Especially during leveling. Don’t know what that’s all about…

this was never the argument, to hijack a current phrase, you’re shadow boxing ; )

potions use leads to overdose.
I wish the oil & Tincture lasted longer.

I haven’t noticed a significant difference in potion use. I still have them keybound and they work seemlessly. I was skeptical at first but I enjoy the fact that I don’t have to worry about carrying 4-5 slots of potions now. I also agree with others that this is a panic button to use while your skill health/mana regen cooldowns are active.

+1, its not like they were dropping in overloads, and when lvling a new char, on occassion, they came in pretty handy (without having to consult the smith or shared stash)

It was good, because it forced player to make many small decisions, be more involved in the game.
Before player even left town, he had to prepare. Which type of potions to put in the belt? In which slots? Which qualities?
During fight player had to pay attention too. How many potions are left in a given slot? Do I want to continue the fight after running out?
Player also had a choice whether to simply buy potions or only rely on those he found.

In 1.1.9.8 potions are only scarce for first few levels. After that all player has to pay attention to is not accidentally selling all of them in town and their cooldown in combat.
In 1.2 only the cooldown is left. And I already saw players asking for automatic potions.

1 Like

Imo all these things added nothing of value to the game, preparing the potion belt was just an annoying chore.

3 Likes

not to mention people just ran around with half an inventory full of pots anyway to quick spam or replace

1 Like

Ah yes.

Tedium.

Excellent! Ship it!

1 Like

I loved it when I got the news that I would not suffer from spending coins with potions any longer. This is something that I have always disliked whenever I play RPG.