Pre-order Support

Should be couple more extra unique boss art and a few more monster.

Email us if you need to change the email address associated with a key - [email protected]

We’ll need your key, the old email address and your new email address. If you have misplaced the key the we can look it up based on your payment info, but please email us first for more info if that is the case.

This may be a stupid question but is there any sort of tentative release for the alpha? I know we haven’t even been able to see any sort of video for the game. I’m just curious if anyone knows anything about it.

It’s certainly not a stupid question but we don’t really have any definitive answer for you. We’re aiming for an alpha in the first half of 2011 but it is difficult to predict when exactly it might happen. For one thing, we don’t want to push the game out prematurely. More significantly though, it is difficult to estimate our development schedule because we are a small unfunded, unpaid company with some team-members that can only afford to dedicate time to the project on nights and weekends, which causes their availability to vary month by month.

Just a Big thanks to the team.

I got ordered the game on the 24th June. Still no key today so I emailed in at 0743 UTC, had a response with key at 0751…

That’s what I call support. Though they have made a rod for their own backs because I want that speed everytime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again…

I just wonder, If I buy the legendary edition, when can I play the alpha and/or beta ?

Did you read the post that is two posts above yours? Dexxxter25 asked the same question and medierra responded…

yes and i agree with the staff…

I would rather wait and get a chance to play the game when its ready…rather than them to push the game out and then it need a bazillion patches to make it playable…even after release need a single patch to make it playable is too much

Alpha is probably for those that want to see some of the development firsthand and want to help the developers – unless if is close to the beta.

The beta is usually for compatability testing and to see if testing has missed something.

If the developers want to use these as iterative design phases instead, that’s fine too. I’m sure they would tell you.

If you want a game with few bugs and a complete playthrough without issues, it is safest to wait until it is released.

Usually I take a look at reviews or a few forums before buying most games these days. But sometimes I look at patch notes for games I dont own.

I think TQ was ok when I bought it. It was fairly close to launch.

So has the release been pushed back? I remember you saying something about having the game done and released early 2011.

I will say this is not a good time line…it would possibly conflict with diablo3…:eek:

Nah, those blizzard-dudes are not stupid. They will not dare to compete against GD!

Diablo III in 2011? Nahhh. We will see exp pack for Grim Down before that. Tho I heard there will be some news about DIII on gamescon in germany or whatever its called.

I have mixed feelings about this community’s insistence on comparing DIII to GD, especially when the two games appear to be taking very different routes. I for one, plan to play both.

im the same im a fan of good games and don’t care who makes them im no more loyal to crate than to blizzard, yes i wan crate to succeed as i love tq and all that it was and i think the guys need a better go of it than what they got there. im just concerned that with the pre sales they may take allot of there profits out of launch week if all there hardcore fans have already purchased it. this will happen at my end i know as i have purchased the legendary fan ed and once i have some free cash ill buy it for my dad and mates too, so come release its not getting our sales, this becomes a problem if all our cash goes into making the game and then they cant recoup costs and have to shut down again

Does it matter, when we pay for the game? Why would it be more important to have cash incoming during the first week after streetday than now?
I know that publishers tend to measure the success of a product by sales during the first week, but as (for example) TQ has shown, this is narrow sighted and doesn’t necessarily show the real value of a product on the long run.

So, either way, let’s just hope that they won’t have any extremely strong competitor coming out the same date (whenever that will be in distant future :D).

Your money will be more useful to Crate if you preorder.

As Yerk said, the main reason we’re accepting pre-orders now is so that we can put more money into the development of the game. We’re not really concerned about this eating into our early sales since we figure that 99% of the potential audience isn’t going to pay for a game until it is available or on the verge of releasing. Pre-orders numbers so far reflect that. The money we’ve generated so far is enough to be useful and will help cover the development costs of several additional pieces of art but pre-orders are still in the hundreds, whereas we’d hope sales will be in the hundreds of thousands after release.

If we miraculously start getting hundreds of thousands of pre-orders, don’t worry, we’ll set some aside in the “don’t go out of business” fund. :wink:

i just want you guys to be around after release, i have always wanted u to release more games

Hi, new here, while the pre order system is good, unfortunately, debit cards don’t seem to be supported, which I have, don’t have a credit card, and I live in the UK, so it seems while I would love to support this game, it doesn’t look like I can, its a pity, as I have a fair bit of beta testing experience, just wish there were more options to buying this game, pity about paypal not playing ball, surely other methods exist? especially those outside the US?

O been playing titan quest, love the game, if this game is better, then I will be happy, just would like to support it, any ideas?

I will be lurking on the forums, so will be keeping an eye on the game,