Proposal to change the amulet for classless passage on hardcore for a future hotfix

Recently I learned about such an amulet and distanced myself. How could it be so strange to complete such an interesting test in my opinion. Instead of a currently useless amulet, I propose to make 3 interesting ones, which are absolutely given by witch gods and the amulet depends on the choice of faction.

My vision of these amulets is an amulet with an interesting auto-attack and lifesteal, an amulet with an aura of Dreeg’s flying eyes and a save ability, and an amulet that allows you to summon some interesting unique pet.

A reward like this would make classless hardcore play worthwhile and attract more players to such interesting challenges.

On next day you would have people arguing that such cool, build-defining items shouldn’t be locked behind a stupid, very easy and boring (they’d never say “challenging”) requirement that they have to meet 3 times to collect them all.
The item you get now is not powerful, because - I guess - Crate is trying to tell the player: “Why did you decide to do all this?” as the game never hints at choosing classless.

2 Likes

Yet they did put the challenge into the game for those who would like to try it.

it’s a medal, not an amulet Badge of Perseverance - Official Grim Dawn Wiki
it’s not supposed to be super special as i understood, while also not being totally useless (only lvl 1 medal in existence so you can use a movement rune from the start), so that there isn’t really significant item diff from SC to HC
it’s a “non” reward for a non achievement/task, probably Crate’s jokingly way to say you’re special while not being special for choosing to do such a thing :grin: - not something to “incentivize” by making a particular strong/special reward, but something silly for doing something silly? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, a medal. But it’s even more interesting. With a medal that gives an additional pet, it will be possible to assemble a pet guide without choosing classes, and even on hardcore. Sounds pretty interesting to me. Perhaps not entirely correct, but I made an analogy with the current league, in which a more difficult challenge gives a better reward. This approach motivates you to play the game again in an unusual way and thus get new impressions.

again, i don’t think it’s supposed to be a “reward reward” to incentivize that type of play, much less make significant itemization diff from SC to HC

and, it’s totally possible to already do classless pet builds as there are several item granted pets, both permanent and temporary (tho most ofc aren’t lvl 1)
also seem like a semi silly thing to give you a pet reward for going through something not using a pet build just so you can do the same with a pet build
also seem like something that would probably trivialize the challenge a little bit more given pet strength in MC usually (tho i’ve no idea how well that translates into classless/missing certain mastery buffs)

The medal is a “bragging rights” reward. It’s better for it to stay that way because honestly, the hardcore classless challenge is a big damn chore. Make the reward any useful and the playerbase will complain that such a useful item is gated behind an extremely long and difficult challenge. That’s why I assume the challenge is not listed in the official achievementes for the game.

1 Like

Honestly, very few will still ever choose to do such a thing. It’s always going to be an extremely niche endeavor regardless of the reward, due to the difficulty of the task.

Correct me if I’m wrong about something, but beating the game with a risk to the life of a character with additional difficulty, in my opinion, deserves encouragement. Only those who decide to do this will receive something unique. And people who did not risk anything and who want to get for free, too, that the chosen brave men, let them pass by. I would make the medals non-transferable even to other characters, so that only the characters who obtained them can use them.

Does it have a unique model? The reward could be a medal cosmetic.

1 Like

Zantai says you are wrong :wink:

5 Likes

Well, it turns out that I raised this topic in vain. It seems to me that such an approach would raise the level of replayability and increase interest, but the developers of the game know better. In any case, thanks to everyone for their opinions and interest in the topic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.