Propositions about T3 devotions

Pierce also likes some Shadows (Unknown Soldier). Blades of Wrath have a similar problem to Oleron but to a lesser extent. But that racial to humans is hard to drop…

Also, very good suggestion to make Oleron deal phys only.

1 Like

That causes pathing problems on cruci but it doesn’t give RR unlike Revenant so I only take thr first 5 nodes.

I actually don’t miss it that much tho I always go for 12/12 anatomy.

People that complain about Oleron’s flat pierce misunderstand the power of Oleron for physical builds, it is the high WD, IT and the fact it is penalised far less than Azrakaa or Matron by enemy armor. So yeah, it is very good but the pathing undermines the value. For 2H phys builds Oleron proc is actually a little better than Azrakaa assuming that decent OA can be reached (~3.3k OA+) and no great proc skills to make use of 0.5 sec cd on Azrakaa. Overall though, with the weaker pathing, this makes it niche and taken up less frequently.

My suggestion to improve oleron value is this: Flat RR is useless for almost all phys builds thanks to raise the dead and warcry. It would be much better to change the flat RR to ~150 reduced DA. Lets face the facts: crit activation is notoriously difficult to activate every second for 2H and it is more realistic that Oleron is procd every 1.25-1.5 seconds. In addition to the reduced DA I suspect that increasing the CD by 0.25 sec and increasing the damage values by 20% would put Oleron in a healthy place. The buffs could be done in smaller steps if Crate feels this may be too much, but it needs something anyway.

You guys are speaking about some mythical builds where Oleron is not shit, lol. Azraaka >>>> Oleron for Pierce just based on the nodes alone. For two-handers on phys damage (which are basically two relevant builds atm: mine and John Smith’s) there is certainly no such luxury as going for Oleron in devos. Uknown Soldier is 10 times better then Oleron for Pierce as well just based on 10% crit damage nod alone.

Yeah, you can choose whatever constellations you like, but as a builder and min-maxer I am never ever going for Oleron because it’s always a suboptimal choice.

Pierce should be irrelevant to this thread as Oleron is terrible there no? Azrakaa can do as much as 120%wd and 2000 flat pierce per second vs 75%WD and 110 flat pierce. No comparison?

In my view Oleron is supposed to be a phys only constellation. I’d rather see the flat pierce removed entirely and my suggestions or something else introduced instead.

2 Likes

Obviously. Oleron is supposed to be phys first, pierce second. The issue is that Oleron is more useful on pierce than on phys and that’s kinda bullshit.

Didn’t you skip Unknown Soldier there tho?

Only the proc since it causes pathing issues similar to what revenant does. Figured it’s not worth the hassle since it doesn’t give RR anyway, so I just put the point on the branch node (or oleron branch node, can’t remember exactly.

Ah, I remember your devo map, you skipped Ghoul, Blades of Wrath and that new Pierce devotion near Ghoul what’s-its-name. Reasonable, but I think if you forget about Oleron, but don’t skip Ghoul and that new little pierce devo as well as pick up Blades of Wrath you will have same performance but obviously sturdier and more consistent build.

I tried going Soldier (no proc) - Azrakaa - Ulzaad - Blades of Wrath and it was practically the same with Oleron setup but just squishier cause no wolverine = less DA, around 2700 where the Oleron setup had 2850 or something. Also BoW gives me heart attacks against MQ sometimes. Ghoul was never needed on both cases tho. SR set isn’t belgo where you’re constantly on the watch for damage spikes. Oleron-Azrakaa-soldier setup could still get ghoul tho, but you need to skip ulzaad.

I am willing to argue here and even take your char for few spins both with your devo setup and what I think would be optimal devo setup. Shoot your save folder my way :slight_smile:

I’d also say the most optimal devo setup is the one you’re most comfortable with but hey, here it is:

_Natalia.zip (1.6 MB)

BTW, build was nerfed on 1.1.4.1 so don’t expect the same runs as 2 patches ago but I’ve only done2 runs since the patch too.

Sure, everyone should play whatever they think is more fun and better for them. I am just talking about boring min-maxing stuff. I will test it tonight or tomorrow, thanks. Damn, if somehow Oleron setup wins I will have to reconsider my Pierce devo maps :smile:

Even minmaxing stuff can be biased on the pilot. Like you’ve all been saying that Assassin’s mark is best on autoattack but I never had that materialize and IIRC, Valinov too.

This is something I learned from the one of the best speedrunners there is - @John_Smith, who is also a great builder. I too always liked binding attacking devos to my main attack. But I have tried both and John is right, AM on main attack is just faster. In fact, optimal devotion bindings is something that I have learned from John.

We’ll see based on your build, I will record some videos.

Wow. Avenger with Dying God and Hourglass is better than going phys route… I won’t ever use devo routes like that on a phys build but that doesn’t seem right

You kinda forgot about physical Forcewave Warlord, which is pretty spectacular build. But see my devotion map, no chance to pick Oleron. Offensive map is with Ulzaad and Azraaka. Defensive with Ulzaad, Aeon and Revenant. I am sure Oleron is suboptimal choice. Just 20 purple isn’t doing anything for physical builds. Pierce have the luxury to take advantage from both physical and pierce flat damage, so little better. And Oleron is tough to proc on crit.

That was kind of obvious and always lowkey known among builders who dabbled in 2h physical weapons. I used to build phys two-handers on Empyrion (well tbh it was just one build - warborn Leviathan Cadence Witchblade) in Malmouth. In FG Azraaka is just amazing for 2-handers. Low cost, 180% damage, Attack Speed, DA, proc that you can actually efficiently proc with stuff like Curse of Frailty.

Is that a build or…? :thinking:

Also, please do sth about KORVAK.

• First three nodes are weak. 30% dmg is what a T1 devo could have. Health and res could be one node. There’s room there for stats, really. Da, flat oa, armor, phys res, other res, anything.

• Chaos res… The few builds going for Korvaak are chaos that didn’t go for Abominable. Other builds that go blue and half-green (aether, lightning) got better things to do. And chaos builds got chaos res aplenty. Lower it, pls, and add other res.

• The side nodes are fine but it’s hard to get points for them. Other T3 devos got that oa and crit on the way to the proc in a 3rd or 4th node, not in 5th and 6th side nodes. And they are not so great taking into account that you have to spend 4-5 points getting there and gain so little on the way.

• Korvaak is never gonna be the devo to build for. It more like “hey I already took DG and Aeon, I still got 4 points” kinda devo.

• I don’t know about pets but I don’t think Korvak rocked that little world either…

@ya1 agree about Korvaak. Problem is after Crate didn’t like people using as generic devotion in lot of builds -DG, they decided to create real jack of all trades devo- Korvaak. But high requirements and already T3 filled with damage devotions makes Korvaak undesirable.

Theoretical you can use it in lot of damages-fire, physical, lightning, cold. But in reality you will lack both stats and affinity to get what you want. So now is more of chaos alternative to Abomination.