PSEditor crashing every 5 mins or so

as title says, can’t really get anything done like this.

Any ideas? Drivers, windows software, what do I need to run PSEditor without it randomly giving a windows error?

Used to only crash on opening a new file after one was only loaded, reinstalled windows (windows 10 reset feature), now it does this as well.

Try (re)installing directX SDK (from the game’s _CommonRedist folder).

This is known to cause problems with the pseditor.

BTW: The problem that the PSEditor crashes when opening two fx after each other is solved in gd’s PSEditor. Are you sure you use the gd PSEditor and not the tq one? Or accidentially copied one over another?

Edit: Also do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed? The PSEditor is a .NET application and therefore needs the .NET framework. It also can be found in the game’s _CommonRedist folder.

Alright, apparently it was the DX, somehow this wasn’t installed when I ran steam/grim dawn/any other game the dozens of times since the reinstall, despite seeing 'first time setup several times…

BTW: The problem that the PSEditor crashes when opening two fx after each other is solved in gd’s PSEditor. Are you sure you use the gd PSEditor and not the tq one? Or accidentially copied one over another?

Yes, this is the GD editor. I have no reason to overwrite it with the TQ one. I tried to delete it and let steam reacquire it anyway, just in case. Same thing.

It’s still occurring, whatever it is.

I’ve installed DX, tried reinstalling everything else that was in the gd common directory, MS.net tells me I already have a better version installed, VCRedist says I already have it installed, so I just went through all three folders and ‘repaired’ each one.

Any other ideas?