Pyro with the Blazeheart changes: DW

Thanks.

Were I to run this thing right now, I’d definitely go look for a Bloodlord’s Blade.

I remember thinking a while back that it was a shame that this MI couldn’t be slotted somewhere useful and this build seems to fit it quite well. (I like seeing reasonable suffix/affix MIs in builds)

Interesting build. Blazeheart is a strange item, but it works for a pyromancer, though I don’t see the point of the necro skills on it anymore. Classes that work better than necro with this sword, probably all of them. Weird.

I would recommend trying Kilrians mace as an offhand weapon. There are many great affixes which would fit the build nicely, of voracity being one of them.

I have three (3!) new builds that I want to write guides for, kinda wrapped up in testing that. Plus I am not a good tester with my PC and my piloting skill. Just from looking at the class combination I think it won’t cut it in Crucible, but I might be wrong. The build itself is very solid but melee Pyro is just not at the same level as melee Nightblade (I mean I recently tested melee Sabo with N&O and 3 piece Justicar and 3k armor and it was very unstable).

Agreed. It adds a lot of build variaty, even though I understand the argument of these items decreasing probability of build replication (without GD Stash).

I have a question regarding Blazehearts conversion to fire strike. Does it convert only the chaos damage added by brimstone or everything added via weapon damage (possession…)?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

Converts possession flat chaos damage and any other flat chaos damage source to fire through weapon damage, yes.

Sweet, didn’t know that. Thank you!!
One more question as I just came back to GD…

Will conversions like that apply before global conversions? For example will I be able to turn all that newly gained fire damage back into chaos by using a blood orb (just as an example, I know that wouldn’t make any sense :smiley: )

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

No, Skill Modifiers from items are second in the order of Conversion, so they work before global conversions. See here: http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/gameplay/combat.php

Damage can only be converted once, so global conversion after the item Skill Modifier (or Skill Transmuter) cannot be converted again.

Tinkered around a little bit. Im still at work so it’s just some ideas I had. First, changed devotion, removed crown added hungering void. Added blackwater to compensate for flat reduction. Maxed brimstone, the flat fire/chaos is insane. The totally not stashed Kilrian mace is a good fit, with all the conversion going on. Tyrants of Verocity is a good combination of damage (flat phys +AS) and the defense (Lifesteal, Damage Debuff). Arsonists Falme Strife should work, too. Armor is fraction item and just to max brimstone levels. Relic reduces cooldown of medal. Before you ask, yes its weird.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GQbPJZ

hammy, here’s another take on the build. I think best mainhand weapon could be an Infernal Kilrian’s Skullbreaker of Wildfire (if you can get it!), but dual Blazehearts are easy to get. I swapped around the Devotion bindings as well to try and maximize -% Fire RR. FS should hit pretty hard with all that conversion and tons of flat Fire Damage.

See here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkxaqd2

I’ll give this build a whirl and see how it goes - I do enjoy Demo builds! :cool:

Yes, the Kilrian Skullbreaker does look like a good second option. And Kilrian is fairly fast to farm if you bee-line through the mobs. Iirc, you need to repeat him quite a few times just to get 4/4 of his component!

Have fun and write up your game play impressions.

flat damage>Skill damage bonuses>Skill transmuter>Item transmuters>Item damage bonuses.

note, skill bonuses and transmuters included modifiers later on the skill line and that conversion can happen to each point of damage once.