Pyro with the Blazeheart changes: DW

I was checking out the Blazeheart sword changes in the recent patch.

I originally thought Blazeheart/Warpfire combo was nice but better version is 2x BlazeHeart due to big flat phys,fire, and AS on blazeH (thx to Mad Lee for pointing this out):

DW melee pyro BlazeHeart Grimtools

This build might be a bit low on HP, but should hit fairly hard and leech ok. Pretty standard Justice set + EH rings + 2 piece darkblaze setup

-also:

1. Mythical Ortus is very comparable for a second weapon and it has slightly more HP and a mostly-negligible damage increase (this sword might get a nerf in future, though- its hard to predict)

2. The MI Bloodlord’s Blade is also quite good for the second weapon. It has flat physical, flat chaos, +3 to possession(more flat chaos) and a fun 6% chance of 100% cd reduction to possession.

This MI is pretty flexible for prefix/suffix in this build, and it could work with most any random (even crappy ones). The set and pants speed procs can potentially fill the AS shortfall at times - and consecrated wrappings could be swapped into the gloves.
->Something impossible to find like Tyrants Bloodlord’s Blade of the Abyss would be insanely good [for defense and flat damage], but that’s purely wishful thinking.

Feel free to improve and spin, if interested. (or maybe it’s been done…I’m not claiming ownership)

Edits

1: I removed the point in the Revenant Raise the Dead Proc, It is a fun quirk, but I have tried this extensively in the past and the skeletons didn’t contribute much to the damage. The skeleton dmg and numbers were recently bumped in the last patch…but I don’t think this will make a significant difference. ymmv.

2: Re: Blazeheart: Seems to me +1 to all skills should be Occultist, rather than Necro. 45% vit->fire doesn’t do too much with the Necro damage mix and Necro has no chaos or physical to add into FS. Maybe the necro WPS skills on top of FS are worth something. 2x BH gives full vit convert but Necro is a mix of dmg types.

3: Addressing some questions in the thread:
-conversion: FS will convert all physical and chaos to fire via Blazeheart. Conversion at the skill level comes first in the conversion order. That’s a pretty big deal.
-slow resist is good for maintaining attack speed.
-the Mythical Final Marches are really good for an easy-to-find boots: slow resist, %phys res, big physique + DA (150DA, ~200HP), aether resist

4: It might have nice potential with FG demo changes, depending on what gets in. But if what I read was accurate, Korvaak relic will lose the movement skill Blazing Charge (move skills will change to medal augments), so hopefully there is a compensation with a decent proc added to the relic for this loss…as imho that is one of the best features of the current Korvaak relic.

Hi, may I ask why you decided to go for the Final March boots? It is for the DA? Overall I feel like something like Footpads of the Grey Magi (for the def proc, DA, skill bonuses) or the Stormtitan Treads (stun res, HP, reduced target dmg proc) would be a better fit. What do you think about those toe defenders?

Most likely, the boots are there for slow resistance, as that became a more valued type of resistance post 1.0.7.0. Even more so than stun res. A better substitute may be Myth Boneshatter Treads, that provide the same slow res, some phys res, plus some other resists, bonus to vit damage, to be converted, and a DA shredding proc. Another way to ensure good slow res is changing the devo path, going for Empyrion and 3 points in Ishtak, but that would mean giving up on torch…

Btw, afaik, the acid dmg conversion on Darkblaze source wouldn’t help the build, as that exra chaos dmg won’t be further converted into fire… I may be wrong though, and even so it’s probably BiS due to vit to fire conversion and other stats it provides.

I don’t really understand why u need the blazeheart when u don’t use necro and vita conversation…

Grimfate or Mythical ortus would be better choice here.

I see, thanks.
How exactly does slow work? I assume 30% slow resistance means you get slowed 30% less? Would stacking move speed instead of slow resistance not help? Granted, if you have tons of move speed percentage based slow will slow you by an even greater amount but then again I actually don’t know how slow works. Do you get slowed by e.g. 50% of your total move speed or by flat 50?
Meaning if you have 130% move speed will you end up with either 130% - 50% = 80% or 130%/2 = 65%?
Especially the Grey Magi proc gives you tons of move speed…

He used Blazeheart for chaos and vit dmg converted to Fire strike. Occultist has both flat and % chaos and vit. And Blazehearth itself and Darkblase source give 75% vit to fire conversion. Sure, this would work well with necro too, that juicy bonus from SH aand Myth Warpfire converts some of the cold dmg on Bone Harvest to fire. Though Defiler would be harder to cap on resists and is generally more fragile. I don’t agree that the +1 to necro is a waste, more that the +2 would have been more fitting for harbinger.

Slow doesn’t apply only to movement speed, if that were the case it wouldn’t have been a big deal. You can read the description on the 3’rd page of resists on the character sheet, or in Grimtools. Slow reduces the ability to attack, cast spells and run. So it also affects your DPS, whether you use a melee autoattacker build or a spell caster.

Oh…:eek:

For me Conversitaion builds doesn’t work at all that my experience. (Back in vanillia Grim dawn test few and was terrible.) True this is great to have 75% vit to fire, but if u think u don’t really need to convert if use just pure fire.

He uses 2 slots to convert vit dmg to fire, that can be more flexiable if he using only fire.

Won’t argue with you on that one. Besides of the fact that the acid to chaos on BoD is wasted, afaik, there’s too little flat vit dmg for conversion to be meaningful. Still, the rest of the stats on the amulet are good… Maybe it would be better to focus more on flat chaos and flat phys dmg to convert on FS. With the devo setup here, the build seems kinds squishy too, maybe going for Empyrion instead of Ulzuin will get better result and a more balanced output

Conversion is one of the most powerful tools for builds and this sword BiS here

Interesting concept man, good job!

Few things tho:

1. Second Blazeheart is better on all fronts (much stronger Fire Strike + mucho more flat + more attack speed)
  2. Sacrifice last nod in Ulzuin’s Torch (it’s just burn damage anyway) and get Sailor’s guide instead of Eel, that way you can cap your slow resist, get some more physical resist, and get some Freeze resist that you don’t have at all.
  3. Take Homestead’s fire augments for more oa and some absorb to forget mana problems. You don’t need vita res anyway.

Other than that, seems solid.

Based on just conversation i never made a char. Only the conversation is useless.

Yes, 2 x BlazeH is much better! (even more sad that BlazeH is not +1 occult)

And the rest of the points are good too. I’d suggest to move the Revenant proc to make the sailor change, as when I tried Raise the Dead ages ago it wasn’t particularly good - as the skeleton damage was not significant.

I think you should create thread at the Ideas and Feedback forum with suggestion to replace +1 to Necro with +1 to Occultist.

Blazeheart Pyro? Neato.

…but seriously, what is this, Pyromancer month? I swear there’s been like five Pyro builds in the last week or two. I’d gotten used to almost never seeing them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please update when you test it. I reckon it’s gonna be pretty swift killer in campaign, Crucible might be a problem for it, since it’s a melee Pyromancer. But you never know.

I don’t have plans to test this for quite a while (game on BU drive for now). But I don’t mind if anyone else wants to run with this. I’m not possessive and will happily pass the torch to anyone else. It was more of a concept thread, really.

@ MadLee: Maybe you want to run with it? (your insight was pretty good).

Edit: It might have nice potential with FG demo changes, depending on what gets in. But if what I read was accurate, Korvaak relic will lose the movement skill (move skills change to medal augments), so hopefully there is a compensation with a decent proc added to the relic for this loss…as imho that is of the best features of the current Korvaak relic.

Was bored and browsing GD tools for physical swords:

Mythical Ortus might also be a good offhand:

-small HP boost
-slightly higher AS
-pumping explosive gives 1 % more overall WD to FS
-higher physical would offset loss of 25% flat vit convert and small flat fire losses
-not-needed, but it does have a fun heal proc.
-and…doesn’t annoy as no Necro bonuses where there should be Occult bonuses :stuck_out_tongue:

• Or the MI [some prefix] Bloodlord’s Blade of Alacrity: flat physical, and lots of flat chaos, +3 to possession for more flat chaos. (and small fun 6% chance of 100% cdr reduction to possession - which might turn out to be interesting). Alacrity suffix might even be overkill, considering set and pants speed procs, which means this MI is pretty flexible for prefix/suffix.

Like the build hammy! Looks like a decent DW melee Pyro. Gotta love the Chaos conversion on FS mod!