[Q] How to increase inventory size?

Hi. Welcome everyone:)

I’m trying to change the inventory size. I’ve found two dbr files:
inventory_grid0.dbr
inventory_grid1.dbr

I’ve changed the size parameters in them but with no result.
What am I doing wrong?

Below are the changes I’ve made (some are just for testing why it’s not working)

Attachment: Clipboard07.png
Attachment: Clipboard08.png
Attachment: Clipboard09.jpg

What’s the reason for bigger inventory? Just don’t loot everything! There are bigger/infinite stash mods/tools.

Inventory with bags is big enough, imo.

Why would you expect the numbers to change the image on your screen ? At the very least you will also need new art for the inventory / char screen.

As there are mods that increase the stash size, take a look at how they did it and check if you can do something similar for the inventory.

Did I ask You about your opinion? Stop trolling please.

mamba: Thanks. I’l look into that. However does it mean that the numbers did actually increased the invenbtory size but I can’t see that?

Asking a question isn’t trolling. Still, if you want to make a mod to increase inventory size then go ahead. That’s why the devs made the game fully moddable. :slight_smile:

Check what troling is please.

I assume so, but do not really know. The stash mods generally specify a new X,Y position where the window starts, a new size and the window image, and possibly the new window size too, so you probably need to do that as well before you can place an item in the ‘extra area’ you have from increasing the size.

ok. So:

1. how to open those tex files?
  2. Inventorybag.dbr has its inventorybag.tex but inventory_grid0.dbr doesn’t

I know what a troll is.

Again asking a question isn’t trolling. And it’s a public forum, people can comment if they want to, even if they don’t agree with you.

It’s been said many times since the internet came into being - accept the postive and ignore the negative.

1. Use the “TexViewer.exe” for opening and saving the .tex files.

2. The inventory_tab[1-5]backgroundimage.dbr is where you assign the .tex file for the bags.

Also, you’ll need to look at the records\game\gameengine.dbr -> UI to adjust the grid size.

Wikipedia: troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages

Thank You.

Nothing off topic about this.

As said this is a public forum and people can comment on a thread’s subject so long as they stay within the forum’s guidelines/etiquette.

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43528

I’ve checked inventoryXsize in inventory_grid0.dbr and UiCharWindowInventorySackDimsX in gameengine.dbr.

Both seem to work in some way but I can’t figure out what is the difference.

Anybody knows?

If memory serves, inventory_grid0.dbr dictates where the inventory grid goes and how big it is on the character window.

UiCharWindowInventorySack(?)Dims(?) in the gameengine.dbr makes that space usable.