Question about blueprints

Guys i have a question about my own Grim dawn “Season” :slight_smile:.I got nearly 3000 hours on the game and i have tryed almost any build and have almost any item.So i after a few updates i decided to delete all my chars and start everything again from scratch :).So my question is: If i delete all my chars will this delete the blueprints on blacksmith? If the answer is no is there any way to do it? I just want a totaly clean start.

If you have local files not cloud saving then just delete your save folder

C:\Users\tqFan\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save

Better to back it up though in case you change your mind.

Don’t delete the whole

C:\Users\tqFan\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn

because your settings and keybindings are there.

i have cloud saving and i guess that will be my problem…

Not a problem but w8 for medea_fleecestealer for the best answer

But you probably need to either delete the save via Steam Interface or just manually delete it a location similar to this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\folder of numbers\219990\remote\save

But I’m not 100% sure as I’ve never used cloud saves.

I’m not either, but I think if you delete the folder where tqFan says in Steam and also check if there are any in My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save I think that should erase them.

That’s just the “holding” location that Steam uses before it bumps saves up into the cloud. Unfortunately there is no way to delete something there and then “force” it to sync to the cloud from here that I know of. If you ever figure an ez 1, 2 punch way to do that then I’m all ears. I kinda wish Crate would add a “force sync” button in-game that will sync this location with a press in-game since they clearly can make the game do this action (such as when you exit etc.).

Anyway, it’s easy enough to completely delete your cloud saves. Grim Dawn has a button in options that does that for you…

That should completely wipe out all data in the cloud (and the “holding” location).

Basically how it works is that when you play the game it is writing changes to this “holding” location. Once you exit the game Steam then syncs whatever is in this holding location UP into the cloud. When you have cloud enabled, GD is reading what is in the cloud, NOT what is in the holding location (if I am wrong about this assumption I am all ears for Crate to correct me here).

This is why when there are sync issues (such as your internet cutting out or even something glitching on Steam’s end) that it can bork your cloud saves.

2 Likes

I mean do i have to do all this deleting of saves if i just delete ALL my characters manually from Grim dawn menu.IF i do that will the recepie(blueprints) still stay in the blacksmith if i have 0 charcaters in the menu?

No. Deleting the characters does not do that. Press the button as I showed and that should also delete the blueprints files. It’s why I said this…

… and why the word all is italicized. Hint, hint. Wink, wink.

Blueprints, once learned, are shared across ALL characters - even if they haven’t been created yet. The only exception to this is if you are playing hardcore characters and softcore characters. Hardcore and softcore are separate from each other. If you learn a recipe while playing a soft character a hard character will not learn that same recipe, and vice versa. Hard/soft are exclusive to their own “kind”. This also applies to the shared stash files as well.