Question about Xbox port

Hey! Quick question…Will the Xbox port allow us PC owners to play multiplayer with Xbox players? Here’s my reasoning. My brother is a huge console player, not sure why (That’s for a whole other post), but he is. I refuses to convert and I refuse to pay Microsoft just play games with my brother. So, here we are, stuck in the PC vs Console battle. It would be nice if there were more games that allowed us cross-platform. That’s the only reason I ask. If it does allow us to play cross-platform, I know what my brother will get as a gift! :smile:

Thanks for reading/posting!

This seems unlikely according to Zantai in a recent interview.

"Do you plan to develop dedicated Xbox One X enhancements and if so, could you share the details with us? What about crossplay between Xbox One and PC?**

We are not planning any enhancements specific to the Xbox One X at this time. Crossplay is not planned either as Grim Dawn is primarily a singleplayer experience.

I will specify, though, since that is a common concern among players whenever a console port is announced, this does not mean we will make balance/gameplay changes on PC to favor the console version. If there is ever a point where we need to adjust monster spawns or anything like that to improve the console experience, such a change would be done independently of the PC version."

Whether Crate change their thinking on this we’ll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the reply! Some day, hopefully my brother will make the switch. Really don’t understand the console vs. PC argument any more. Consoles are miniature PC’s in this day and age anyways. But, to each their own. hehe.