[Question] DBR Editor setup + Making an Enemy

It would be interesting if linking patrol points to your proxy would have your waves of enemies continue to follow the patrol points.

Then if you have a way to trigger when those waves occur and how you could more easily make a wave based defense event.

I Hope I can link them, my mod I want to make includes enemies constantly spawning and moving to the center of the map, which is where the player is, and the player has to survive as long as they can.

If you figure out how to make an Enemy Spawner, that constantly spawns enemies and those enemies move to a point, let me know!

Well here is an idea:

If you want all enemies to just fight the players - most likely you’ll have to edit what faction they are in so they won’t aggro each other.

Then make different variations of Aetherial Obelisks which can already summon zombies + mutants. Add more skills to summon more types of enemies (I’m guess you can change the cooldown of which it can use certain abilities/spawns).

Make the aggro range far higher for all monsters + aether obelisk so that enemies will find players wherever they are.

Place aether obelisks all around the map in a circle with players in the middle, then give the aether obelisks a higher range for distress call + make some powerful guard enemies with low aggro range that are only there to defend the aether obelisks.

I’m just guessing at what can be done, haven’t tested anything. If you want to work together on something like this I may switch off from fiddling with my Diablo 2 mod that I’ve been messing with.

edit: I’ll probably test my proposed idea to see if it works.

The idea sounds solid, but 1 thing I’d change is making the Aetherial Obelisks simply Untargetable, the path for this is when inside the AetherialObelisks.DBR go to All Groups -> Character -> Invinsible -> Set to TRUE

I’d love to work on the mod together! Speaking of Diablo 2, I am making the enemies in my mod based on Diablo 2 (in terms of tiers atleast, like Normal, Champion pack, and Elite pack). I already a proxy to spawn a Champion pack (3 to 4 “blue” enemies) and a proxy to spawn an Elite pack (1 “yellow” enemy with 5 to 7 “normal” enemies).

I have some pretty neat enemies made.

Update:
I have 1 of my enemies not using their default attack and always uses a special attack (customized volley) even when volley is on CD. The enemy is pretty much the same as “humanoutlaw_ranged” but with the added custom skill. When I remove the custom skill, the enemy attacks with the default attack.

Here is the enemy’s Skill Configuration:
(Skill Tree & Skill Configuration is the same as “humanoutlaw_ranged” except with the added customized volley skill)