Random question of the day - What's your most/least liked damage type?

Most liked are elemental (especially cold), and vitality.

Least liked are physical and chaos.

1 Like

Most liked:

• Those i am playing, physical, cold, fire, acid/poision

Least liked:

• Those i dont play
1 Like

Well, itā€™s hard to tell which damage types I like less. Maybe itā€™s bleeding - didnā€™t make yet high end build with this damage type. :stuck_out_tongue:

Favorite:

• Tri-Elemental - Three damages for the price of one! Plus it frequently has a fun purple color!

Honorable Mentions:

1. Chaos - I like the pink color and just the idea of chaos damage. I wish it had a DOT though.
  2. Acid - Itā€™s green and I like the idea of acid damage, but I donā€™t actually much care for the acid skills. :man_shrugging:

Least Favorite:

• Aether - I donā€™t know why but I really donā€™t like the color. Plus the Aetherials are absolute chumps; Iā€™m not about to use their crappy damage type. :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes

This should be under favourites.

You bring shame to the name ā€œSalazar,ā€ sir. SHAME. :stuck_out_tongue:

Favorites:

1. Fire - Flashiest element in the game. Very easy to flood the screen with fire FX. Plus Fissure and Meteor reminds me of D2 druidā€™s Volcano and Armageddon with modern FX.
  2. Lightning - The next flashiest element after fire. Play with an Ultos Primal Strike build for the quintessential lightning spam experience with lightning bolts and chain lightning everywhere.

Dislike:

1. Physical - Just very boring from an FX PoV. Devotions like Oleron and Azrakaa are super meh to look at. Plus, physical builds tend to have poor AoE relative to the other damage types.
  2. Pierce - Same deal with physical. Conversion builds exist but native pierce skills and devos are just underwhelming.
1 Like

Like: aether for the binders, lighting for general oupiedness, cold for being clever and somehow surviving all the nerfs (mostly by converting lightning lol), acid for no nonsense offensive devos and Venomblade - the best melee/caster and direct/DoT hybrid.

Dislike: chaos for unnerving dmg drops, over-resistant enemies and somehow managing to suck with 50k wpn dmg, phys for being knuckleheads with 4k armor and for the cheesiest weapon in the game, pierce for stealing the nightblade glory.

Mixed feelings: Fire, vitality and bleed. Fireā€™s mega strong but often clunky, vitality interesting but got no stuff I really like and Ratosh is at ass-end of the devo map, bleed I just donā€™t get.

1 Like

Like: Lightning, Aether, Physical

Dislike: Bleed, Pierce, Acid

1 Like

Nice, in this thread my suspicions are approved.

No one other than me really likes Bleeding. :wink:

Iā€™ll start to like bleeding if you can make a bleeding spec work without Bloodrager (no pieces)
Edit : thatā€™s meant for @Rhylthar, discourse on phone is weird

I am on phone, too, so better here.

You can make a Bleeding Build without Bloodragerā€¦depending what you want to achieve. For Main Campaign onlyā€¦no problem.

Top damage types:
Chaos and physical, most likely because the huge weapon damage you can squeeze out of them.

Ps I currently run a non bloodrager hybrid that works decently so it is possible.

1 Like

I didnā€™t like bleeding for long time, cause I havenā€™t tried it.

But bleeding problem isnā€™t that itā€™s not fun damage type or itā€™s weak. Just itā€™s exotic and for end game content is limited to Bloodrager set and more or less same devotion path.

For example cold can have Ultos, Leviathan, Yugol, Sage or Seru as T3 constellation. Also damage one like Amatok and can use generic like Dying God or Korvaak without screwing the path. So I can create different cold builds. Same can be applied to many different damages.

But if bleeding receives another universal set, count me in the bleeding bandwagon. :wink:

1 Like

Like : Fire (massive damage potential with Meteor, Fissure, BWC, Mines, Kalastorā€¦), Pierce (lot of conversion possibility and not much resisted)

Dislike : Chaos (lack of RR and find it hard to support), Aether (never interested me :man_shrugging:), Poison (donā€™t like the color :man_facepalming:)

I donā€™t know what it is about chaos that makes people like it. Do they feel more badass for choosing a slightly retarded dmg type? Trying to compete with Lightning or Aether, chaos is like binging a knife to a gun fight. A plastic knife. The kind little girls play house with, cutting imaginary little cakes for their little dolls. And it doesnā€™t even have 100% uptime.

Chaos used to have Witching Hour pets top-tierness to boast. That too was taken away. Whatā€™s to like? :smiling_imp:

Iā€™m not sure what chaos builds youā€™ve been playing. But I can confidently say Darkblaze Pyro has one of the strongest single target DPS in the game. Yes even stronger than a lot of melee builds.

Massive flat damage from 4 different skills (BoD, Witchfire, Possession and Flametouched) all fully converted to chaos. In fact, the weapon damage is so big that explosive strike with its measly 30% weapon damage is good enough to clear crowds. If you want even more crowd clearing, that build I posted has 2 Incinerators on swap for more pass-through WPS.

Thereā€™s a fine pink line between genius and insanity. Only the most badass retards can handle the power of primordial pinkness! :damage_chaos: :damage_chaos: :damage_chaos: :damage_chaos::crazy_face:

Just about all of the main archetypes.

I donā€™t wanna make it sound personal but that Darkblaze pyro is low dmg even for a Darkblaze pyro. Take Abomination. Maybe get some Sanctified Bones.

20k on DG, 17k offā€¦ nothing to write home about, especially for chaos. Anyway, chaos wpn dmg is a noob trap. Rahā€™Zin has like 35k - best on dw - and is still mid-tiery at best. Rahā€™binger has over 50k and canā€™t hold a candle to Valdun or Desolator.

(BTW has anyone tested Jaxxons on Darkblaze?)

Not that these are bad builds. Just comparatively kinda on the weaker side of things. Canā€™t wait for FoI buffs for the Voidsoul though.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a ā€œproblemā€ for sure. But another set wonā€™t solve it because Bloodrager already supports the ā€œbestā€ masteries for Bleeding.

There have to be changes to masteries like Necromancer, etc. imho so a set could support them.

The reason I donā€™t like bleeding is thereā€™s no conversion available to it. Conversion is one of my favourite parts of building in this game, and bleeding canā€™t do it at all.