Random question of the day - What's your most/least liked damage type?

Most liked:

• Chaos and acid - because these are the 2 most difficult damage types to do a creative theorycraft with
  • Vitality - because vit based spells are just cool

Least liked

• Pierce - because it has really poor support for casters
  • lightning - meh…too run of the mill

Most liked -

• Fire, cold, lightning - or all of them in elemental damage type :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Chaos - for huge flat and % damage

Least liked -

• Phys/trauma - seems the most boring to me :frowning:
2 Likes

Most liked: currently I love Fire: flashy attacks that purge and incinerate unholy heretics and dirty apostates. Lightning close second.

Hates: chaos nuff said, low poor damage and its pinkish gay color is a turnoff

3 Likes

How dare you, sir.

Chaos is awesome. And real men ain’t afraid of no pink.

2 Likes

Most liked:

• Lightning
  • Cold

Most disliked:

• Vitality
  • Physical
1 Like

Im sorry. I stand corrected

In D2 my fave element is cold due to the freeze plus smash sound effects. In GD we don’t have such thing why??!?

Why tf not?

If I wanted to dress like a unicorn, I’m gonna dress like a unicorn.

I have a mate who’s the biggest dude at the gym. If he one day decided to wear a tutu while deadlifting 280kg, who the hell is gonna mock him? :stuck_out_tongue:

We do.

Most liked: Elemental, Chaos, Acid, Vitality.
Least liked: Probably Bleed? I don’t hate it, I’ve just never made a character for it and never felt compelled to.

1 Like

Most liked:

• tri-elemental: huge options and very comfortable to play
  • vitality: my first build in grim dawn and always be my favorite.

Least liked:

• chaos: just exist to be converted :stuck_out_tongue:
  • physical: same as above
1 Like

@thejabrixone what was your first build?

Most liked:

• Bleeding :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Least liked:

• Fire, Aether
1 Like

Dark one cabalist. Still like it even now, though has fallen behind ritualist and conjurer due to new wendigo totem support

1 Like

again thanks to sir spanky for these random threads…

suggestions for next threads…

1.)favorite/least fave Monsters
2.) fave/least fave NPCs
3) …quests
4.)…forum member😏
5)… Crate employee :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Most liked. Dunno I liked fire a lot when I started but I hate fire in other games so maybe it was because of the build I played back then. I like aether and phys a lot tho

I hate acid the most. I’m not even sad that acid is in a bad state right now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Most Liked for me:

• Pierce by far. i even go full pierce on class combo’s that aren’t THAT ‘piercing’ :rofl:

Least Liked:

• DoT’s of any Kind, it’s a nice to have stat in certain Situation’s but i would never play a build that is purely DoT focussed, thats just waay too boring for me. i wanna smash stuff and worst case i’ll smash it Dual wielding https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8517 if needed :laughing:
1 Like

Bit difficult since we don’t even know most of them. :upside_down_face:

Damage types that I like the most:

• Cold. Cause dual wield cold weapons Nightblade characters are my favorite. And the whole vibe around Nightblade class concept.

• Also like acid/poison and my first character I picked was poison Witch Hunter. You hunt witches and then poison them :slightly_smiling_face:

Least liked:

• Chaos. Should be cool but isn’t. Also pain to use it properly.

• Physical. Because it’s boring. Liking physical damage is like saying your favorite chips flavor is salt. But I have made plenty of physical builds. So no discrimination.

We need to pick :zantai: unanimously.

Otherwise he’ll take revenge upon us all. :wink:

1 Like

Most liked:
Aether and Chaos. Haven’t seen many other games with these damage types so these two are the most interesting to me, especially with the Aetherials vs Chthonics lore background.

Least liked:
Pierce. Not sure why but I never thought about making a pierce build. The idea just doesn’t appeal to me.
Also the armor piercing mechanic feels weird and out of place, kinda disconnected from the usual conversion mechanics.

hell no. I ain’t gonna stir shit up. You do it you lil’ turd. <3