[Ranged Acid] 2h-Ranged Quillthrower of Dreeg Acid Pyromancer

[b]BUILD HAS BEEN ABANDONED
UPDATED CONCEPT CAN BE FOUND HERE

Dreeg is my favorite out of all the Witch Gods in the game and when i saw this weapon- Dreeg’s Quillthrower, I wanted to make a build around it. It’s actually a weapon intended to support DEE Casters, but i wanted to use the weapon differently, i wanted to it to be the primary source of damage rather than limiting it to being a lame- caster support weapon.

So i made this build and wasn’t disappointed with the results.

Build Concept:-

1. Reason for picking Pyromancer over Witch Hunter-

With Acid it’s obvious one would go for Amarasta’s Blade Burst. I mean my other build used ABB as a LMB skill and killed Maiden, Rashalga and Fabius.

But in this case, ABB’s damage while being a little higher than Fire Strike is too inconsistent. So it makes it highly unreliable. Fire Strike is much better in this case and going demolitionist also solves our low Offensive Ability problems through Flashbang which reduces enemy DA by 250 at max rank.

I got Brimstone since Witchfire and Possession supporting Brimstone’s flat chaos damage. More importantly the splinter effect of Brimstone increased the trash clear speed

2. Not going Cadence-

I hate it. It’s as simple as that. I don’t like that skill. Cadence version of this build would be superior in terms of single target damage output but trash clearing (despite the 100% chance to pass through enemies in the skill) would be slower when compared to Fire Strike.

3. Stacking flat damage-

Without ABB one would expect it’s too hard to get good source of Acid damage. Wrong!

Our weapon gives a lot of flat Acid damage.

Plus we have Viloth’s Rings with good rolls they’re BiS for this build since they do give us some flat damage.
Empowered Perdition Chestpiece.
And lastly we have Malediction, the relic’s aura is a great source of flat damage.

Concept Extension (Dual-Wielding Pistols Acid Pyro OR Witch Hunter)-

-Change the belt to Marauder’s Ammo Belt to enable Dual-Wield Pistols.
-Equip Empowered Mutiny
-BiS item for Dual-Wielding Acid is Corrosive Bloodsworn Repeater of Fury (or “of the Defiler”)
-Drop Kraken since it only works with two handed and go for something else.
-Viloth’s Ring, Pestilence of Dreeg (w/ Shattered Souls skill), Mark of Divinity and Malediction are BiS for Acid DW-Pistol as well
-Make appropriate changes to remaining slots (Feet, Legs, Shoulders, Gloves) to cap resistances.

Important Note:
The Pyromancer thread will soon be abandoned by me. My reasoning is simple
The current Pyro build was made due to my apparent hatred of Cadence :stuck_out_tongue: and because ABB was very poor as a damage source
Pyro has its fair share of problems and benefits but since no Fire ->Acid conversion has been added I felt it was time to abandon this

But the concept of using this particular weapon won’t be changed. In fact, we will take advantage of all that Physical to Acid conversion and build around Cadence

Level 100 GT link for Dreeg’s XBow Acid Witchblade - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GPWKGV (1.0.4.0)

-For now refer to this thread for Witchblade version I’ll be moving this entire thing soon. The biggest problem atm is that with the recent patch I need to update almost 20+ builds so things have been moving slow with all the testing and stuff

GrimCalc (w/ Plus Skills and Devotions)-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-NYvtip

Playstyle:-

LMB- Fire Strike (w/ Twin Fangs)
RMB- Oleron’s Might (w/ Acid Spray)
Keyboard 1- Curse of Frailty (w/ Guardian’s Gaze)
Keyboard 2- Blood of Dreeg
Keyboard 3- Plague of Shattered Souls (w/ Tainted Eruption)
Keyboard 4- Flashbang

Screenshots (These contain toggled buffs and Blood of Dreeg which remains up 24/7):-

Rashalga Kill -

Items:-

Weapon- Quillthrower of Dreeg
Helm- Clairvoyant’s Hat
Chest- Empowered Fused Carapace Armor
Shoulders- Stonehide Zantarin’s Shoulderguard of Kings
Legs- Stonehide Solael-Sect Legguards of Nature’s Bounty
Gloves- Harbinger’s Grasp
Feet- Stonehide Exalted Treads of Kings
Belt- Ulzuin’s Torment
Ring 1- Incorruptible Viloth’s Ring of Alacrity
Ring 2- Incorruptible Viloth’s Ring of Solael’s Malice
Medal- Mark of Divinity
Relic- Malediction
Amulet- Pestilence of Dreeg

Bosses:-

1. Rashalga-

Kite and kill, be careful of shotgun. If she procs your Mark then use it to damage her more. She’s hard as your main weapon’s granted skill gives you a projectile attack that procs her retaliation aura

2. Fabius-

Occasionally bursty, be careful of his blade barrier.

3. Bastion of Chaos and Shar’Zul-

Shar’Zul when enraged is really hard to take on. You need to kite him a lot mainly because those fire devils have impaired aim. Bastion of Chaos is relatively easy though as long as you know what you’re getting into.

4. The Sentinel-

Seems easy enough.

5. Loxmere Nightmage-

Noob thought removing my buffs would save him :smiley:

6. Others-

Didn’t encounter any other major players, no plans to kill Log yet. Might try EoR if i feel like it though since i really liked this build.

In Closing:-

I made this build because out of the three Witch Gods Dreeg is my favorite. I really love the lore around him. Seeing this weapon being used for casters seemed like a waste to me so i made this build.

This build can be easily built around ABB as your LMB, but i prefer Fire Strike for reasons i stated above.
Cadence Acid Witchblade would probably be better way. But i am not the biggest fan of Cadence :stuck_out_tongue:

I presented a mini-guide for those looking to go Dual-Wielding Pistol Acid under the title “Concept Extension”.

This is one of my personal favorite builds, not just because it has really great clear speed but because it’s built around my favorite Witch God. I hope y’all enjoy it as well.

(Reserved)

Reserved for later

Video???

Plssss?

My computer would melt and leave a hole in the apartment if i try to record while playing. :cry:

I always wanted to do something like this, but never got around to it. Looks pretty good :smiley:

Thank you /10char

Nice, tho you would pull lot more synergy from this approach using WB or even WH (I tried it ;))
Not sure with that amount of conversion that levi outweighs abomination?
Also for chest armorempowered perdition would be more suitable since you dont have any use of nb + skills.

I did mention it there that WH will be better but i went Pyro because of consistent damage output and extra tankiness.
A Witchblade makes things to easy to build around imo, soldier is literally the strongest class in the game. Also i’m not the biggest fan of Cadence. And WH would have the best syndergy but WB is better. It’s because Cadence has ridiculous amounts of single target damage output. And its modifier gives me 100% chance to pass through enemies which helps with trash clearance.

The %modifiers would be better, so will the OA. But its granted skill is a pure poison skill.
My aim was to try to build around acid with little dependence on Poison. I went Whirlpool since i wanted a Tier-3 Acid Devotion skill.
Like i mentioned in the guide one can opt for better devotion setups. My aim is to present a concept.

Yeah i considered it, thing is. I don’t have it :cry:
So couldn’t test the difference in the field.
Also, the conversion carries over to player-scaling summons as well right? So pierce to acid conversion would get carried over to the eyeballs summoned by my weapon

Big update.

Complete build overhaul.

-Went from Acid Leviathan to Abomination
-Got Brimstone
-Increased OA
-Increased DPS
-Changed all the items
-Lost some AS (around 8%) to get more OA and DPS
-Increased DA
-Additional devotion changes
-Added new GrimCalc to main thread
-Increased HP
-Added a cool looking screenshot to main thread :cool:

Big update.

Complete build overhaul.

-Went from Acid Leviathan to Abomination
-Got Brimstone
-Increased OA
-Increased DPS
-Changed all the items
-Lost some AS (around 8%) to get more OA and DPS
-Increased DA
-Additional devotion changes
-Increased HP
-Added a cool looking screenshot to main thread :cool:

[QUOTE=Chthon;479455]Big update.

Can you check Vindictive Flame - Ulzuin’s Wrath

Thanks, build is really cool

Actually wait a little before checking this guide. The GrimCalc is broken for all demolitionist builds. I am waiting for the green signal to add fixed Calc

I hadn’t respeced it yet, Ive been enjoying it the way it was but noticed the “Big Update” message so had a look at what was new

Just wait, i will try to add a new calc. And see if it breaks again or not

No problem, I have to redo resists anyway, so pleased with myself had them all 80+ had rings and amulet free too, then realised I gone back to Elite to buy from factions … doh!!!

Calc seems fine now

Thanks, it does look better now

Ty, now i can update demolitionist side of Calcs for other builds as well

i found this xbow yesterday. interested in yr build and why u said the bow is to support DEE casters. seems a bit weird to give caster a 2H xbow! can u pls explain?

Also - what would the rest of the DEE build look like? is the xbow BiS for DEE caster?