[Ranged Acid] Dreeg's Ranger - Acid based Ranged Concepts

Not the fastest of killers so wasn’t too keen on posting any of them but since I am pretty much dumping every build concept I find interesting on the forums these three made the list.
Also there’s an Acid Warlock concept which uses the same conversion as these builds.

Grimtools -

Witch Hunter - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZr3gDkN

*Screenshot with Pneumatic Burst, Blood of Dreeg and Lethal Assault

Deceiver - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62awkEmZ

*Screenshot with Word of Renewal, Blood of Dreeg, Inquisitor Seal and Deadly Aim

Witchblade - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZydqmrV

*Screenshot with Deadly Momentum and Blood of Dreeg

Warlock - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR406r2

*Screenshot with Blood of Dreeg

FAQ -

Which one is the best among the four?

I’d say Witchblade and Deceiver are very good, the Witch Hunter is relatively weaker. The Warlock build beats all three but it’s a DoT caster so it’s not a fair comparison.

Can the Deceiver concept work on a Pyromancer and a Witch Hunter?

It absolutely can, I wanted to do an Acid Deceiver so went with this one.

Why not use Radaggon Set on Deceiver?

I don’t have the set pieces to test it out and I am skeptical as to how much better would it be than my current setup.

Is Undying Oath usable here?

I am still a little torn b/w Undying Oath and Pyroclasm’s Mark. The Attack Speed and the flat bonus are good on the latter but the WPS is rather lackluster and I consider it a net loss but performance wise it manages to better than Undying Oath. However, defensive capabilities of Undying Oath are far better.

Why not use Putrid Necklace on the Deceiver?

The Helm and Amulet are both vital to the build as they bring Resistance Reduction to the table. Conduit of Eldritch Whispers is better than Pestilence of Dreeg for that setup as it’s one less button to click meaning more QoL. The best replacement for the current setup is Radaggon Set.

Why not use Wretched Tome on the Warlock?

The lack of RR is the reason. Wretched Tome is also usable here if one has it but it’s not BiS.

Any alternatives for devotion choices for the Warlock?

Well you can get either Ultos the Storm Shephard or Amatok the Spirit of Winter. Both are pretty solid choices.

In Closing -

Credits to Xeroze for some tips.

As someone who wanted to try out Acid Gungslinger playstyle since vanilla days I am very pleased with the addition of these items. I still think the the Venom Launcher could use a buff specifically the Deadly Aim mod isn’t too impressive but overall I was very satisfied with the gunslinger builds.
The Warlock concept on the other hand more than satisfied. It happens to be one of my favorite builds in GD. Hope you guys enjoy all these builds

(_Reserved)

(Reserved)

it is since i saw that MI gun that i had in mind a deceiver similar to that one. In my case is one of those builds you would like to roll but “maybe later”.

Which one is you favorit?
At glance Witch Hunter w/ ABB&LA sounds tempting though LA is a pita to keep up with comboing into DEE…

Chthon, nice builds. I am waiting for grim tools calc.

P.S: BTW, for the second build - did you focus on poison & acid gunslinger or rune master? :wink:

Hm, why not to use Radaggan’s Shroud instead? It will give use higher % of pierce to acid damage convertion.

Yeah I felt the same way about these concepts

Deceiver is my favorite

Yeah I didn’t realize I never added a calc.

I still don’t have a single Radaggon piece :rolleyes:

I’ve been farming Kra’vall for his MI to update my breaker

Hey, Chthon, some minor improvements to the Deceiver build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g4vmBV
You missed 3 extra point into BoD)

I made a theory build for a 2h ranged witchhunter a while ago and it’s so different from yours (my highest char is lvl 75 atm so maybe i’m missing knowledge) : grimtools.com/calc/nZoDnd9N. Did I miss something?

P.S. link won’t ‘‘work’’ since I don’t have enough posts (just copy-paste) :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks must have missed them while testing medals

Depending on energy requirements, try one of the following

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p255DJx2

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9Qq6lV

Been playing an acid DW gunslinger deceiver myself as my second char (which is why there’s quite some limitations around the equipment). Quite a lot of similarities though (well, not a surprise).

Grimtools:www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWQJnnN (Funny, cant post link because post count is too low. It’s fine to insert a link in via editing posting apparently. Or maybe because this is the third post)

Major difference comes from the lack of helm/conduit of eldritch whispers, so instead of that i opted for a helm with a suffix i liked and putrid necklace for 100% conversion, along with additional crit damage. Had to run with a dreadlord ring due to lack of ADCTH and generally bad rolls on my pistols (still farming for the right affix/suffix combinations of acid/attack speed)

Opted for pyroclasm mark (More WPS) and originally wanted to go for 100% WPS with Jaxxon’s lucky bullet but the damage and resist types were all in the wrong places so i decided to just sticka with only the mythical pyroclasm mark. Devotion wise the main difference was having quill and scholar’s light for flat elemental damage boost instead of spider + hammer, and got meteor instead of flame torrents.

Flame Torrent is stronger than Meteor Shower or at least it was before 1.0.6.0
You can get both tbh, I did that on my Warlock. I didn’t want to do it here and wanted to make it work w/o Meteors. Heck I didn’t even want to use Flame Torrent

The Helm and the Conduit are vital to the build as they add Resistance Reduction. Putrid Necklace isn’t worth it. The only alternative to gearing is Radaggon Set as it too brings Resistance Reduction to the table

Pyroclasm’s Mark wasn’t worth it for me. I never tried Jaxxon tbh might give it a try

Just curious, why isnt Pyroclasm mark worth it? Comparing between undying oath and pyroclasm mark, the resistances seem to be a wash for me, similar flat damage boost, with the main difference between the 2 in terms of stats being HP vs attack speed.

I’m planning on switching over to the helm/amulet combination for your build when i do get them. For some strange unknown reason i have every single other conduit of X whispers except the eldritch one. And my legendary drops are pretty ridiculously stacked to ones i already have…like 13 “unlucky” jaxxon rings thus far. /rant

For Meteor vs flame torrent, i think i’d have a try at it…i chose Meteor earlier on as i assumed that the odds of proccing multiple instances in its duration is quite low when i actually needed that damage (usually against lone nemesis/bosses with large hp pools).

Offensively maybe it added something but in a packed situation the slightly low CD for BoD and the extra HP on the current medal proved a little more useful to me personally, I usually run around with Mark of Divinity though :stuck_out_tongue:
Of course you are free to experiment. The only thing set in stone here are the amulet and the helm which can only be replaced by Radaggon

Added Poison CT warlock

Can you share DEE damage statistic with us? :wink:

Thanks!
Nice damage numbers! Hm, interesting if I can reach the same damage output for my build without DEE mod …

If I didn’t have half a mind to quit I’d have fired up a Cabalist to check out how Vitality Spam DEE would look like :slight_smile: