Reasonably powerful builds

Here’s expecting the update on the list to the New crucible, love your work Zhug <3

Hope my Death Knight don’t fall flat on his face haha

Enviado de meu XT1068 usando Tapatalk

As brutal as the new crucible is I think it’s actually gonna be a really short list, at least for a while.

Allow me to second what the previous posters have said:

• This thread is a very helpful resource worthy of a sticky
  • An update to the new crucible will be appreciated

Do you have a gut feeling which of the builds will stay viable?

P.S: According to what has been written in the other threads you can save yourself some time by ditching all melee builds outright? :wink:

No, DoT melee build have good chanses , so are shields builds.

I’d personally rather see a separate list kept for 150-170 instead of removing builds that can’t manage it from this. 100-150 felt like a good measure of a build’s capabilities even in the campaign. 150-170 sounds a lot like pre-AoM Gladiator: builds made specifically for that and not really a good match for the campaign.

I’ll answer to everyone at once.
I’m busy now, do not have time for testing 150-170 waves. For now I assume they are not made for farming, they are for supreme challenge. And that challenge is not based on your skill, it is specifically designed to only be beatable by several builds in the game.
Testing that stuff is really hard, don’t expect the results soon.
This thread will stay of course, a lot of work has been done. I do not think that all these great builds suddenly became obsolete, whey still can do what hundreds other builds can’t - farm gladiator 100-150.
Waves 150-170 are sort of a special club, like builds specifically made to kill Superbosses (Mogdrogen, Ravager). Some day I’ll make a special list of builds for these waves.
Play the game, have fun!

Thanks for the reply Zhuugus, really appreciate the good work you’ve done here. Relax and have a great Xmas!

Sounds like someone needs to make an “Unreasonably powerful builds” thread for builds that can do 150-170

Or just rename the casters section into"Wave 170 clearers"

Just call it 170, seriously that number alone gives me some 'Nam flashbacks.
And I live in 'Nam.

Added info about the new crucible. Added first build to clear gladiator 150-170 reliably.

Are you using extra spawn with new waves?

No. I assume it would only affect clear times.
Do you by any chance have a build to clear 150-170 yourself? :slight_smile:

I cleared the new waves a few times with this one http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66510.
Not an easy fight though, your new devotion route with jajaja’s build looks promising, I’ll try something similar on my build and give some feedback later :slight_smile:

Do you still do 150-170 with 2 buffs and banners?

Also, I have this build to share: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe190QZ

Just your daily IK Sorc with tree and hourglass mixed in. Clear time is about 20-22 mins depending on spawns (unless they changed then buff durations. I just base my clearspeeds on the buff icon cause I don’t really time myself)

My commando version did a bit better with the third buff. I screamed a lot in the process though.

And banner :p. Also 150-170 trains us all to scream a lot. Especially when Valdaran + Alex is around.

Interested in the inclusion of Stun Jacks and CB in your build, are they just devo proccers or do you actually use them for damage?

Oh, yeah, that’s my devotion setup, that i’ve suggested long ago for ultimate tankiness S&B. Glad to see that it really works :).

CB is good for trash clearing and devo proc, also it shotguns Kuba’s thicc ass. I only took SJ since I wanted to have something to press when everything is on cooldown lmao.

I just found out about the 4 tier 3 trick not so long ago too, can finally find its usage :cool: