Reasonably powerful builds

This keeps my builds off the forum though :rolleyes::smiley:

Well, regarding that you metion pet builds again I think that I may have hurt your feelings not including some pet stuff. And I am sorry for that.

Pet builds really deserve some love, many people enjoy them. So, I decided to make my initial post pet-friendly! :slight_smile:

Just keep up good work, man :slight_smile:

Oh, Iā€™m not implying that a solo gladiator build canā€™t handle anything in campaign, or at least I didnā€™t mean to imply that.

Iā€™m simply pointing out that you donā€™t start the game with those builds fully dressed or level them as they are presented (in some cases), and discounting how well a build carries itself to endgame content and how enjoyable the journey is sort of implies that this list is catering to a VERY specific audience. The term ā€œpowerā€ seems a bit subjective is my point.

Not pointing fingers at any of the listed builds but I have played a couple of tier 1 gladiators that didnā€™t feel at all powerful leveling them through campaign, which is not something I could say for either Skelemancer or Dracarris. Thus my confusion.

As to the patch hammering stuff, well, itā€™s going to hammer at least one of the listed builds that we know of. I never claimed that was right, wrong or whatever. Itā€™s just a fact.

No worries. Iā€™m not married to any video game. :slight_smile: Just curious how these ā€œreasonably powerful buildsā€ are being leveled to endgame and if dying more than some of the builds that donā€™t make the cut doesnā€™t deserve a mention.

Well ā€œweakerā€ here is a stretch. Crucible and vanilla are different in many ways. Crucible requires nigh-perfect defensive/offensive balance so some builds struggle a little more than the others
The ones that arenā€™t in this list arenā€™t weak imo, if you look at the currently popular Pet Cabalist, according to the build poster it suffers a little in crucible but it shits on the content in vanilla. Itā€™s a pretty solid build.

Then thereā€™s retaliation builds, they can tank the shit out of crucible but sometimes on unlucky waves where no enemy is dealing significant melee damage they loose kill speed and that specific wave goes less smoother. This might upset a few

So, Crucible shouldnā€™t be used as a measure of a buildā€™s strength in vanilla imo. Anyways, it comes down personal preference at the end of the day and while T-1 builds are nice and all some exotic builds get overlooked because of this. Currently I have my eyes on an Auramancer build, I am not sure how good it is versus the crucible but it looks pretty creative and fun build

Not saying the list by OP is either good or bad, he is doing a good job testing all this stuff all by himself. But donā€™t hesitate to try a build that looks fun and isnā€™t on this particular list. If you have doubts about a certain build post in the respective buildā€™s thread and the build poster would clairfy your doubts

COnsidering how few of these are presented currently - yes, itā€™s possible. Even fewer are constantly being tweaked for content.
Good reason, but you dissed some pretty nice stuff solely for the purpose of Well, I already listed some builds of a particular class, that means others are probably weak!.
Furthermore, this is an AoM builds thread, not a Crucible build thread. Yet I always see you comparing and testing builds through it, even though it isnā€™t required.

Actually, Stormreaver will get itā€™s damage fixed, so jajajaā€™s Warder will get the taste of hammer pretty hard, Iā€™m sure. And his build doesnā€™t rely on the Seal.

Actually I was referring to the post by reapersgaze (and confirmed by Autentist), who made it seem like some of the builds you listed werenā€™t actually all that strong. I wanted to know which ones and why.

I did miss some stuff only because I canā€™t technically catch and test all the good stuff there is, Iā€™m doing what I can. Again, build variety in good. Posting 20 soldier-based builds is boring, donā€™t you think?
Regarding AoM vs Crucible issue. AoM is still far less hard that crucible. In my opinion, most powerful build should survive the hardest content. With the approach you suggest there is zero point in my thread at all, as Iā€™m pretty sure all builds in build compendiums can clear campaign.

Regarding Stormreaver. Mythical version already has less base damage than ordinary. If they nerf if anyway spellbinders and cabalists will dance on his grave :slight_smile: If you think that his damage is something incomparable and outstanding check these. Also, Jajaja himself posted a new doubleblitz commando, will probably end in my list when Iā€™ll try it.

Itā€™s not boring if itā€™s viable, though. There are many combinations with Soldier, including some orthodox ones, so I canā€™t see this as a valid reason for dissing the entire class. Furthermore, you should watch out not for the class itself, but a build specification it represents. The focus, man.

Then maybe separate these two in your first post? Iā€™m not telling you to ignore either, so maybe include both? And again, people already suggested dome builds before, which can clear both Crucible and campaign, but you dissed them, because they had Soldier there, even though, each and every one of them has a specific purpose built around it to absolute efficiency.

Itā€™s 100% will be nerfed. Stormreaver and Guillotine both suffer from this bug, where they have too much flat damage on them. So yes, Electrocute Warder will suffer along as well.
I disagree with this policy, since they should have something in return to accomodate.
jajajaā€™s Commando is excellent, that much I can agree with.

Ah, my bad.
Now we know he just wanted pet builds to have their portion of love :slight_smile:
He succeeded, pet enthusiasts can rejoice now!

Regarding the builds on the list. I assure you, they are all great. And I donā€™t think itā€™s particularly hard to level them. Of course, they will acquire full power only with legendaries and staff, but itā€™s not like they donā€™t work without top gear.

You could add my Momā€™s Panetti build, as it can clear gladiator crucible reliably. Donā€™t be fooled by the 7min video. It can do 5min on a regular basis.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59782

If you suggest me to post a lot of builds good only for campaign, then no. People can easily find these in Build Compendiums.
I havenā€™t dissed anyone, you canā€™t expect me to try everything in the blink of an eye. And the only soldier-based posted in the comments was exactly that doubleblitz commando by Jajaja, which I already said I will try. If you disagree please quote the post with soldier-based build I dissed.

Thanks for posting, Iā€™ll try it as soon as I can.

Well then, Build Compendium has an option to see if the particular build can be viable for Crucible. Soā€¦ your point? Itā€™s basically the same thread then, no? Thatā€™s why I suggested to include good, powerful builds for both campaign and Crucible, that way people can distinquish between them and choose what they like.

Actually, I myself suggested Pyroscar burning Commando, you clearly missed that. Someone earlier suggested my builds, of which RET build is clearly viable for both Crucible and campaign.

I do not see the the post in my thread suggesting these builds. Quote it please.
My point is that build compendiums have dozens of builds and a person wastes huge amount of time finding out which of those can beat crucible or campagn-only. I gathered those who can. Not all of them fo sure.

Also, I gathered some great builds which are not in build compendiums yet, so itā€™s hard for people to find them.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56919

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61035

Build Compendium has a clear system, separated by classes. Each and every build has a neat description, fully describing the build and what can it do with a direct link to the thread. If one canā€™t find something in it, then he clearly lacks reading comprehension.

Now this is actually a valid point. Which brings my previous suggestion even more to the light, because, since these builds are unknown, how about making a good alternative to BC then, promoting them, instead of just collecting OP stuff for muh Crucible-only?

I think the ā€œvalue-addā€ is the fact that he tests the builds himself personally and only adds those he deems good enough. Donā€™t really see any harm in it, maybe if TS could add his own crucible clear times with each of the builds and some additional commentary on each build, could be a good topic.

I think title is slightly misleading though lol since being able to farm crucible comfortably seems to be a criteria. Maybe something like ā€œZhuugusā€™ list of tested viable crucible farmersā€ would be more accurate.

Edit: On second thought, posting clear times might not be a good idea lol otherwise end up with people crying for nerfs.

See, this was my only real point from the get go. I do appreciate his effort though, as some of the gladiator builds Iā€™ve leveled didnā€™t perform as well in my hands as they did in their creators (because I stink at crucible).

I will say the conversation rekindled my interest in finishing the gladiator build for skelemancer instead of just enjoying myself with my apostate. Which I was really enjoying way more than beating my head against crucible with a pet build.

Thanks so much for that, Zhuugus. :stuck_out_tongue:

j/k in case that didnā€™t come across. :wink:

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. Instead of making an almost crystal clear copypaste BC thread for Crucible only, he can enrich it with original content, various useful commentary, which would help people much.

Not a case anymore, since we have builds here, which canā€™t farm Crucible yet, hence, my suggestion to separate them in an arranged, neat fashion. I dunno why he is so opposed to the idea, considering that he already has them mixed.

Well, that too. Remember not to post too powerful builds, because they are always will be hammeredā€¦ heh.