Reduce the affinity cost of Abomination

Chaos is really awkward damage type, since the only class that fully supports it, lacks the RR and the two that have RR, don’t have flat or % chaos. So naturally chaos damage build can be tricky.

Good change was Abomination no longer is triggered on death. So now you definitely needs to pick it on chaos builds. But the problem lies in the fact that DG and Abomination have very different affinity colors cost and tough to pick them both without sacrificing too much, especially true on 2h builds.

My idea- Reduce the cost to 8 red and 15 green since chaos can’t take advantage of the green nodes anyway. Why it makes sense and it’s not broken?

• It will not make acid too strong. Unlike AoM acid builds have Yugol
    constellation that requires 20 greens, so it will not be a change for acid.

• Ulzuin torch cost. It’s similar T3 devotion, why it’s cheaper than Abomination then?

• Chaos isn’t powerhouse damage and it’s not over presented.

2 Likes

+1 but this will never happen…

If only Abomination was a Pet constellation :drooling_face:

I knew it, you want to turn your pets into abominations. :smile:

2 Likes

It would be nice, but I doubt it can happen.
TBH, attak seru’s requirement is also huge, but still, I doubt its requirement can be reduced.

1 Like

For some reason devs don’t like to change affinity cost and gains. I think we will have to search elsewhere.

It’s actually not that hard to have a decent map with both Dying God and Abomination. The problem is CDR. None of the chaos-friendly class has it. The only way to get almost 100% uptime of DG and AM is Aeon which turns your map into 3 T3s and a bunch of crap. And if you don’t have 100% uptime on them, well… you die during the downtime.

IMO the best way to truly buff chaos is to add CDR to the masteries and the most common items. Maybe even make a new CDR-heavy chaos relic?

Well some constellations changed the granted affinity but really reduce affinity cost is more exotic proposal.

About chaos, Harbinger have monster CDR. Also some builds use off hand, like Black Flame. So you can have decent uptime. But without it you can’t take advantage.

That’s what i’m saying. It needs to be some sort of generic solution which overlaps with the current options for CDR so you can’t abuse it.

The easiest way, of course, is to nerf the procs and make them 100% uptime. I despise huge bonuses with small downtime. It makes the performance so inconsistent you can’t even determine the build’s power.

Do you hate deadly aim too? :stuck_out_tongue:

@nery - My biggest issue with abom is the skills you can bind to it. It offers you no control.

You’re right about skills. On my Purifier, only skills that were bindable were FS(I can’t afford that) or WPS skills.

Still though…it’s in such a better place now that I’m not gonna complain. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not hate, not a fan of for sure. But the bonus is not as big and it’s 5/5 sec we are talking about. 10 sec is about the timeframe of a mutliboss fight in which it is decided whether you die or not, and you can rely on it working at least 50% of the battle. But when 170 spawns and your AM has just ended… oof. Not to mention you have to specifically proc it.