Reduced Target's Resistances is *divided* by time?!?!

Hello GD community. Made this account after hearing this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So apparently, all the “x reduced target’s resistances for s seconds” skills DIVIDE by the time. They don’t apply the full effect OVER the time, as the tooltip suggests. This means the actual debuffs are the following:

Skill Resistance Reduction Duration Actual RR
Revenant 24 1 24.0
Elemental Storm 32 2 16.0
Blackwater Cocktail 25 3 8.3
War Cry 35 5 7.0
Scales 20 3 6.7
Manticore 28 5 5.6
Shattering Smash 22 5 4.4
Bysmiel’s Bonds 25 6 4.2
Ishtak 18 5 3.6

So only Revenant & maybe Elemental Storm are ever worth it. The others are placebo.

Is this true?! Does this apply to other reductions (Ability, Damage, …)?

Before anyone bothers to test this, is there a source to this news? While there are plenty of unexpected mechanics that have been found, this is easy enough to test on the dummy in town with a static damage weapon and trying the various flat RR sources. I would be very surprised if it wasn’t caught when RR application order was validated a few years ago.

Even worst case scenario, that chart is disingenuous as effects reapply before their downtime, so something like scales would be triggering after about 1 second of decay and keeping the majority of its value. But mostly this reads like a misunderstanding of the system.

I assume the source of this is how these stats are worded in GDstash. I think in there it’s worded (or at least uaed to be) in a different way which implies the resistance reduction is applied over several seconds, instead of the full amount for the entire duration.

Testing it should be easy enough. Let yourself get hit by a monster that reduces your resists od x seconds, and see if its a fraction or the full amount. Afaik, it will always apply the full amount for the listed duration.
Something this essential would have been verified by many people by now and then also apply to DA/OA reduction effects etc.

Instead of doing this nice table you could had just spent 6 minutes testing it with asset manager, then you wouldnt have needed to post it.

Thats not how it works.

This came from a discussion with AcedianAldric. Rank 73 on the S5 HC ladder and sharing a name with an in game boss.

Wut. No, it does not work that way…

4 Likes

It’s been a while since aldric played the game… and no, that’s not how it works lol.

1 Like

@Lystraeus If you want a video proof, I made a test a year ago where Judicator’s clearly Reduced Resistances by 20 not 20 / 2 = 10 Question) Flat reduced resistance - #5 by tqFan

1 Like

thank you for this post
ngl put a smile on my face, simply by the reminder of GD being so “special” in its interactions people easily question its mechanics, even well established ones :smile:

1 Like

especially neighing from a place in some defective league))

There’s another way you could have known this is false. Basically, if it were true, people would have picked up on it during the last 7 years. Such a dramatic asymmetry in rr skills could not have gone unnoticed.