Regarding the possibility of a "Free Roam" mode and followers

Hi Crate, so i just made a post on steam asking about these 2 features and just wanted to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I believe that your game already has elements of both a freeroam style game mode and followers, which makes me think that given the right idea/incentive it’s a no brainer to add in something akin to “Adventure Mode” and followers that scale with player stats.

On the topic of “FreeRoam” your game already has bounties, 1 endless dungeon, key dungeons, nemesis bosses, etc. On top of this you have already added in items to make it easier for alt characters to progress, so at this point wouldn’t it make sense to add in a game mode designed for those of us that have already gone through the campaign multiple times so that we can have a more free style of play from the beginning that isn’t tied down by a main campaign and where we can just roam the map doing x/y content farming/grinding?

On followers, i know that you guys have said no but i have also found out that it’s not a case of never and more that there were issues with followers which is why you decided not to implement them. That being said player scaled pets exist and a modder managed to pull off mercenaries so is the issue for not doing followers still present or do you think perhaps it may be worth revisiting the idea given that so called player scaled pets are in the game and work just fine? Perhaps there is room for adding followers, maybe faction based?

I understand that both of these would require some work to pull off and i know you guys are working on other projects so dev time for grim dawn isn’t what it used to be, but since you are still updating the game and adding in new features/areas? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.