[Rel] Crank It Up mod (+50% base speed and increased speed caps)

Hey, so coming from Titan Quest I couldn’t stand how slow walking in this game was so I figured out how to do basic modding and made the following changes:

• +50% default speed (0.92>1.38)
  • max movement speed 135 > 1000
  • max attack speed 200 > 1000
  • max casting speed 200 > 1000
  • max devotion cap 50 > 9999
  • increased maximum camera distance
  • hopefully increased attack ranges
  • hopefully increased monster spawnrates a bit (spawnMax)

Disclaimer:
This shouldn’t change any characters as it’s not modifying your saves, only how the base game works,
but I take no reponsibility so use it at your own risk!

The mod is intended to work only with the DLCs - didn’t tested it without them.
I used NateATon’s Legendary Cap Remover mod (outdated) as an example, though I made the changes from the default gamefiles.

I also wanted to increase monster’s movement speed to make it more fair
but there’s no easy way of doing that so now the mod is quite overpowered as you can easily kite all day.

How to use:
Unpack the contents to the mods folder inside Grim Dawn.
Alternatively, if you want to use this in combination with other mods
you can replace the GDX1.arz file in Grim Dawn\gdx1\database with CrankItUp.arz (rename it to GDX1.arz).
That way if your other mod doesn’t interfere with the settings this mod changes, both should work.

Link:
Forgotten Gods (Updated) https://mega.nz/#!2ZsnVShb!jiqoDn3HldwUcMUNL5Fdw0h_ShH8y6_qMeg4FYzi1ic
(Old) (Updated) https://mega.nz/#!ycUCjbKJ!tn4_fSut575JtPvKKlNKrEVes2f-pJo_vEDKsdFy9iQ
(Old) https://mega.nz/#!fBt1xTZb!P6naEVM8A5XGAc-wzBmbAZ5zwsTz6isSlgyzTr-bO4g

Also, I made this mod for myself but because of how many people dislike the slow pace of the game and that there isn’t any working mods that are similar, I thought I’d share it. But I might not update it later.

2 Likes

Please update to the new version. OR Please tell me how to do Modding.:cry::cry:

There are many guides for you to follow if you want to do the modding

Hey, I updated it but I didn’t test anything as I don’t have time to do so. It should be completely safe as the previous version but do make a backup and as earlier, I take no responsibility of character loss or anything similar.

Also, after the last public update, I have replaced all the gun shooting sounds with pulse rifle sounds from the Alien series to me and a friends’ amusement along with some Lineage 2 melee attack sounds - which might not everyone enjoy, but I’m CBA to remove them now and update the mod properly - as I said I might not do.

At first, it took me a couple of days to figure out how to do basic modding but you can do basically everything with the Asset Manager and a lot of googling. Beware that most guides/sources are outdated though or are for different Unreal games.

Link for the updated version: https://mega.nz/#!ycUCjbKJ!tn4_fSut575JtPvKKlNKrEVes2f-pJo_vEDKsdFy9iQ

what version of grim dawn do you play?

What’s on Steam. V1.0.6.0?

Not used with ‘Grimarillion’
i just rename ‘Crank It Up’ file to ‘gdx1.arz’ and save ‘Grim Dawn\gdx1\database’
but doesnt work…
is it impossible using with ‘Grimarillion’??

I don’t know as I don’t play other mods and I haven’t played GD in over a month.

But, using it as gdx1.arz means it’s the default setting, meaning that it must work in the default gamemode but in custom maps/mods it should only work as long as those mods aren’t overwriting what this mod does. Or something like that, I’m not comlpetely sure.

Thank you man, i didn’t test it yet but i will do.

Forgotten Gods Update:

https://mega.nz/#!2ZsnVShb!jiqoDn3HldwUcMUNL5Fdw0h_ShH8y6_qMeg4FYzi1ic

This doesn’t act as a mod, but rather replacing the base game files. So it likely work with other mods. Downside is whenever an update comes, the mod gets deleted. But I’ll update it in the future if someone wants it.

Backup your
Grim Dawn\GDX1\database\GDX1.arz and
Grim Dawn\GDX2\database\GDX2.arz

And replace them with the ones provided. This is a mild mod, which doesn’t interfere with your saves.

This only works with the new DLC.

I can only make a custom/older game with the crank it up map to have this work. Which means i cant pick the newer classes. Is there something im missing to make this work with forgotton gods?

There was another update which means I had to update as well. Redownload the same link and try. Also, don’t use mod map, use the main campaign after replacing two of the default game files in the previous post.

tested this modd and yes its neat because the walking speed from lvl 1 is just damn slow… but i have a question… i have overwritten the files in DGFX folders with the FG updated onces but i can get the devotion cap to jump up. :frowning: its stuck on 55. :frowning:

not running the moddmap option just maincampain map and everything works but not that. :((

The mod is outdated again. Each update removes it. And I couldn’t change the 55 devotion point cap so that doesn’t work.

I’ll probably either try to create a standalone mod or more likely, write a guide how to easily change character settings and limits, that way anyone can do that after each patch as I don’t always play the game.

1 Like

doh…

ohwell. :slight_smile: thanks for fast reply man. :slight_smile:

Please do that… Please!

I always wanted to JUST edit the speed caps but i couldn’t find any info whatsoever…

If you want some movement speed change, tell me precisely what you want (cap or default speed too?)
Unless @Tarhonyaa becomes active again, I’ll gladly do it because I didn’t even know you can change movement speed by modding.
I even tried to hack it with Cheat Engine and put a lot of time into it - totally unnecessarily it seems.

Could just use grim internals for speed? The speed is adjustable. Its one of things I use gi for.

We’re talking about just movement speed, not the whole game speed.
You don’t always want the combat to be faster :slight_smile: