[REL] Grim UI

Ooh, thank you :slight_smile:

You also have the option to remove individual elements from Grim UI.

If you want to play with the north indicator, just delete the content from your Grim UI directory which is in this zip file. Then you have the old original MiniMap presentation. If you want the original Grim UI map again without indicator, you copy the contents of this zip file back again. :wink:

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/rel-grim-ui/86207/185

1 Like

Nothing wrong at all. As was mentioned, it was by design, but easily fixed. Go to “Settings\UI\mapaerial” and delete the “mapsymbol_north.tex” file and that will put the indicator back.

1 Like

thx guys, good to know

@powbam

Hello Powbam, I have a quick question: is there any news about your Mod Switch Tool or the Grim UI Tool?

I’m interested because I have an interest in switching between the two available variants of Grim UI.

Is there a way to update the little GrimUI tool or should we wait for your modswitcher?

thanks

Edit: do you have your own thread for this topic?

I’ve been working on it fairly steadily (and I’ve actually had JMD here “testing it”). Basically I’ve nearly completely rebuilt my original Switcher (which does have its own page: [TOOL] GD Switcher v1.1 - I think the link for that version tho might be currently broken and anyway it doesn’t have any mod switching features. Once I get done with building it I will be redoing that page completely I suppose.

This is where I’m at with it:

It currently has all the functionality of my old switcher (which pretty much only ‘launched’ the game with its various settings) PLUS the highlighted Saves button in the above screenshot is packed with features for separating saves between expac versions…

…as well as options for moving the saves files between them, renaming, copying, making backups and restoring them…

And I kinda ‘diverged’ a bit to make a “Story” feature (for people who like to “roleplay” their characters:

You’ll be able to add screenshots to your custom “Stories”. Clicking on the screenshots opens a larger view…

AND that’s not all… you will be able to write your characters story if you really want to, press this button here and it expands the window:

Just a little something I did cuz I got bored with what I was doing and I felt like mixing it up a little.

Also -

lots more useful options getting baked into it.

Unfortunately, the Mods and Stash buttons that you see in these screenshots are not “working” just yet… I am close to starting on that phase of the tool tho. Not sure exactly how much longer it will take at the moment.

What exactly do you need it to do? I might be able to whip you up something to use in the meantime if it isn’t too complicated.

2 Likes

oh my god you are a bit crazy, right :partying_face:

at the moment the tool only turns on or off GrimUI (by renaming the folder)

it would be nice if you have both UI folders in the settings folder (wood design and stone design) and can select which is active or if you then turned off and has the standard interface.

Basically as it is now, only in addition to the Stone design. At the moment you must change the folder manually.

:wink:

@powbam

Edit: what will then happen with starting the game with the Grim Internals.exe? I use GI and now i start it with that GrimInternals64?

@JMD

i hope its ok for you to ask these things here in your thread …

1 Like

Yea, a little bit. You’re the second person to say so today at any rate. Person #1 was the wifey.

I’ll try to take a look at it in the next day or three… or maybe I might just decide to sneak it in to the new Switcher and release it over the next week or 2. Except for the Mod and Stash switching functions I want to build in and flesh out the program is in working order (and I believe it might be “mostly” bug free too). I can always add the rest bit by bit afterwards.

The Grim Internals launch code is still there, it’s just lying dormant and hidden in the code presently as I was intending to add that bit as a toggle in the “Mods” section actually.

2 Likes

:+1: 10 chars

Doesn’t bother me one bit. Thanks for asking though. :+1:

And since the cat’s outta the bag, I will say that the new GD Switcher is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion.

1 Like

JMD
Are you still accepting ideas for the next design version?
Steampunk please.

I’m always open to ideas, as long as they keep with the feel of the game.

Steampunk inspired elements wouldn’t be unrealistic, in my opinion.

Thank you for the suggestion. :+1:

It’s really nice, love it! Thanks!

1 Like

I’m glad you like it and thank you!

I’ll get things updated for 1150 ASAP. I would avoid using the Character and Smuggler mods until then.

1 Like

Everything is good to go for the 1150 patch. There’s no need to re-download anything other than the following mods, if you use them:

• Grim UI X-Character
  • Grim UI Hoarder
  • Vanilla X-Character

I’ve add support for Grim Dawn base game without expansions. I figured it might be nice for those that don’t have the expansions but want to use the UI’s. It also comes in handy if you use just the base game for testing, etc.

• Base game only requirements:

• In “UI”, rename the “caravan” and “skills” folders first, then remove the “_vanilla” suffix from “caravan_vanilla” and “skills_vanilla” folders.

No need to re-download the UI’s if this doesn’t interest you.

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

I updated the following mods for the 1151 patch, everything else should be good to go with no changes.

• Grim UI X-Character
  • Grim UI Hoarder
  • Vanilla X-Character
1 Like

Hey buddy @JMD, i wrote you a DM you might wanna check it out. Don’t know if you even check them.

Greetings and this is a great project, keep it up!

1 Like

Just tried to play with combination of vanilla versions “vX-Character Mod” + “vX-Smuggler Mod”.
It’s really nice! Thank you, awesome job!

1 Like