[REL] Grim UI

No problem. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough.

I also added screen shots to compare in my answer post to you, just in case. :slight_smile:

I completely missed this for some reason, my apologies. Probably me being :scorv:

I’m not going to look into HP/MP orbs. I don’t know if it’s possible anyhow. Sorry.

1 Like

nah, it’s okay it’s not that i really want it, too much orbs since diablo 3 & torchlight 2

1 Like

For the health and spirit HUD skulls, I would suggest coloring their eyes to their respective colors. Also, I’d be interested to see you modify the health and spirit bars to be more in-line with the mod’s theme. Of course, I don’t agree with them being turned into orbs either.

Just my 2c, even without that I’d say you’ve done a pretty awesome job.

1 Like

Thank you. :+1:

The skulls are nothing more than decorative end caps (and button holders) for the toolbar, so I don’t think I’ll add any colors to them. It would start to clutter things, in my opinion. As far as the health and spirit tubes go, I’m going to leave those alone as well. I did trim off some of the extras to clean them up a bit in an effort to try and streamline the toolbar as a whole.

I thank you very much for taking the time to offer suggestions though.

1 Like

I’ve updated Grim UI with a new theme entitled “Grim UI: Malmouth”.

I would like to say first and foremost, please don’t expect a drastic change if you are coming from Grim UI. Yes, it is different but, some things didn’t change (such as buttons). This was by design to allow the two UI’s to be combined to create your own custom theme, if you wish.

I have not updated the X-Character or X-Smuggler mods, however, Crucible is good to go. I’ll tackle the X-mods in the next few days.

I also moved the Crucible downloads from the Add Ons section and put them next to each UI download link.

4 Likes

thanks JMD, another fantastic UI design, the black rock background ascentuated my fonts mods by alot.
Quick question on Malmouth version : the quest hud.
Is the brown Hud on quest section intentional?

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad it’s working out for you.

If you are referring to either the frame or the scrollbar color (or both)? Yes, it’s intentional as an attempt to replicate rusted, hammered metal. The scrollbar color is just to match.

If you’re referring to the controller HUD, I didn’t touch that.

You are a great artist. Fantastic work.

:+1:

Let me guess: the next is something for Forgotten Gods?

1 Like

Thank you very much! :+1:

Yeah, “Grim UI: Forgotten” will be the third theme. Just trying to stick with the game’s naming scheme.

1 Like

I’m working on getting things updated for 1.1.4.2 and should hopefully have everything out later today, including the Malmouth version of the X-Mods. Thankfully nothing seems to have affected the UI though. :metal:

1 Like

All of the mods and source files have been updated for the 1.1.4.2 patch and the Malmouth graphics.

Each .zip file for the X-Mods and Hoarder now contain the files necessary to utilize the Malmouth graphics. I did this to avoid creating more downloads or screwing up people’s transfer and transmutes files.

I would recommend those using X-Character, Hoarder or the Vanilla X-Character mods get the updated version ASAP. They include the “gameengine.dbr” which I always update following a patch. Better safe than sorry, in my opinion.

As far as I know, the template files didn’t get updated today so my caravanwindow.tpl is still good to use, if anyone wants it.

1 Like

Updated Grim UI: Malmouth with a new Quest window. The more I looked at the metal frame, the less I liked it. Also did a minor fix on the Faction window transparency.

Here are the files so you don’t have re-download the whole mod.

Malmouth Quest Window.zip (1.1 MB)

• Extract to “UI\quest”.

Thank you to @stargater for bringing this to my attention.

3 Likes

@jmd ty for fix.
So , we have wood/metal , rock theme, what else is the forgotten theme? Fabric or sand theme? I also preferred the dark Color tone.

1 Like

I would like to see (Forgotten Gods theme) as a substitute for the skulls, crooked scorpions …

Just an idea …

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

and thanks again for this wonderful project, which really enhances Grim Dawn …

1 Like

You’re certainly welcome. I’m really glad that you’re enjoying it. Makes all the hours of work worth it. :+1:

I have no idea, honestly. I’m taking a break for now as I’ve been working on these for about 2 months. We’ll see what happens though. :wink:

1 Like

Take the time you need … :wink:

1 Like

Both Grim UI and Grim UI: Malmouth have been updated with the Monster HUD health bar borders. Nothing spectacular though. I just re-colored them to go along with each theme.

As always, here are the files so you don’t have to re-download the mod(s) for something insignificant.

• Extract them to “UI\hud”.

Grim UI

Grim UI Monster HUD.zip (122.8 KB)

Grim%20UI%20Monster%20HUD

Grim UI: Malmouth

Malmouth Monster HUD.zip (126.6 KB)

Malmouth%20Monster%20HUD

1 Like

First of all, great work, really appreciated.

Is there a way to use Grim UI Hoarder mod and have all my recipes and transfer stash from unmodded game?

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thank you for the new black brick UI. This is also very beautiful.

In both UI, I especially like the readability of the journal column. I feel that the background color is good and the text is easier to read than the original smudged background. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

I don’t think so, unfortunately. Maybe someone else knows of a way to get around this.

This is one of the reasons why I merge my personal mod with the game, in all honesty. This is also the reason why I can’t give you a definite answer on the subject. I’ve actually never played a mod other than some quick testing.

On a testing note, I did copy my main transmute and transfer files over to the Grim UI Hoarder directory, but they got overwritten once I started the game. Maybe it has something to do with the game differentiating between main and user files. I know it does that for character files, but I’m not 100% certain about the rest.

Thank you! I certainly agree with the readability. :+1: