[REL] Grim UI

I don’t know if this helps you pinpoint the yellow boxes over the search field however;
From the changelog:

“Note for Translators: there were a few text updates in Tags_Items.txt, Tags_Skills.txt, TagsGDX1_Skills.txt, TagsGDX1_UI.txt, Tags_UIMain.txt and in Conversations/NPC_BonusItems_02.cnv.”

These need to be translated and then uploaded by the various communities so they can be put into the game.

Courtesy of Steam. and @MedeaFleeceStealer

Here’s a photo of the yellow boxes.

@JMD - I created a very simple little tool (for anyone really) that will Enable/Disable GrimUI with a click.
Naturally Grim Dawn should not be running when you use this.

When it starts it simply checks for the UI folder and depending on what it finds determines which button is available for use. Disabling GrimUI simply renames the \UI folder to \_UI which disables it, of course. Enabling GrimUI renames the folder back to a usable state.

Download - Mega.nz

Just something I think might be useful to save a little time from doing it manually if you find need to disable it, for testing or after patches etc.

Note: If it throws an AV alert (I packed it into an .exe), naturally it is a false-positive. It’s an extremely simple program, very few lines of code and if you really must see the code (programming language is AutoIt) then I have no problem showing it.

1 Like

@Plague_Dr_Reiss Yes, thank you. :+1: Those were my button placeholders until the update. I’m working on an update and will have it out hopefully later today.

@powbam Ah, very cool! I’ll put it to good use for sure!

On another subject, I seem to be having a problem with a template file following the 1141 update. Since they added features to the Smuggler window, they changed the template file for it. I don’t know if it’s just me but, I don’t seem to have that updated file. This will means I can’t do anything with an expanded caravan. :-1:

So, if anyone out there would be willing to share their “templates.arc” file, I’d be grateful. For Steam, it should be in “I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database”.

That folder only contains the database.arz file. Are you sure you didn’t mean from the \gdx2 folder perhaps?

Hmm… or I likely need to extract it from the database.arz possibly.

Edit: Well, not seeing it in there after extracting either. Searching my GD install folder the only place I am getting a templates.arc is in the Reign of Terror mod folder.

Edit2: @JMD Nevermind. Verifying the game cache thru Steam rectified the lack of a templates.arc file. Try that on your end. If it doesn’t work then here ya go: templates.arc - Mega.nz

1 Like

My templates.arc file is dated 7/25/2019 strange… Shouldn’t it had auto updated last night at 7pm est when the game patch hit me?

Won’t let me reply anymore, though I wonder if you can add the quick .exe to your file package maybe with @powbam’s permission…?

@powbam
Badass and thank you!! Hopefully this fixes my problem. I posted about it in the Bug Report section last night but it’s not received any attention as of late.

And I meant to thank you previously for making the GrimUI Tool. I appreciate you taking the time to add some convenience to my mod. :+1:

1 Like

Yes it should have, in my past experiences with it. Maybe (hopefully) it’s just an oversight on their part.

I don’t know if it would be good to include it directly in the GrimUI zip file (up to him) since it likely wouldn’t be readily apparent to most people what it might be or that it is even there… but if he wants to add it as a link in his OP then I have no issues with that.

Whatever he wants to do with it is fine by me.

Grim UI is now updated for the 1.1.4.1 version of the game!

Along with updating the Item Stash, Transfer Stash and both Vendor windows, I also added new main quest icons to match the HUD toolbar icon for the quest window.

A thank you to @powbam for the collaboration on this update!! :metal:

New Windows

Main Quest Icons

1 Like

Thanks JMD… everything is looking good here.

1 Like

Also thank you very much … even if I do not play for today anymore. In Germany it is time for bed now :yawning_face:

You’re welcome, sir!

I added the download link to your GrimUI Tool under the add ons section of the OP. Thanks again for making it!

You’re welcome! And yes, seeing what time it is here, I would agree.

I lived in Germany for three years, from 1998 - 2001. Beautiful country!

2 Likes

Okay, I managed (and so did @ASYLUM101) to make a working template file for an expanded stash. I’ll upload it if anyone wants it.

caravanwindow tpl.zip (725 Bytes)

I’m going to release the expanded stash for Grim UI probably here in a little bit.

1 Like

Grim UI X-Smuggler is released. Both the standalone mod and source files, along with some info, are located in the OP.

@JMD i downloaded the main file [Download Grim UI.zip ] but my stash still not working.
Edit : I am using Grimmilion mod. Does it need to be updated by Asylum / Matougi ?

That’s for the UI only. The stash is a separate download in the OP under Grim UI X-Smuggler.

I can’t answer anything about that mod as I don’t know, sorry.

Hello,

@powbam @JMD

powbam it’s nice to have your tool, thanks, easy on and off …

But I have the following suggestion: since I know from a safe source that we will have 1-2 more UI designs sometime in the future :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:, I came up with the following idea:

Can you program it, or is it possible to use the tool later to switch between different designs? (I think so, because it just renames the folder, right?)

Your tool is already very nice, although it is very simple.

But this could be the future for switching designs at the touch of a button.

Just as an idea and a suggestion …

And: I can not remember where I’ve read that there might one day be more Uis. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yup… I’ve actually already been considering that possibility and once we have more than one available I was intending on looking into putting such a function into the tool. So, we shall see :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work.
There is a little problem with the extended version.

1. As for “Grim UI X-Smuggler”, when I used the mod version, only the smuggler part became a woodcut. Is this intended to put the regular version of textures in settings/UI/caravan? The normal version is all wood carving without having to make such settings.

2. Pop-up text in the item search field is not displayed correctly (Tag not found). It was the same even if I made a mod in the source version.

1 Like

I can confirm that here as well I get the Tag not found but the woodcut skin appears to be showing just fine for me on the character panel.

Just to check but you do have GrimUI (the latest version) installed into the Settings folder, correct?

@JMD - Also, I get a Tag not found display over the toggle button when it is toggled to the transfer stash. When toggled to the personal stash tho it pops-up as it normally should.