[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Really good Jiaco, there is no freeze/stutter/lag with all those Heroes.
But as Scurvey_cur said, now, even in Alcoholic, they are everywhere lol.
:rolleyes:

Grimarillion needs the newly updated Grimmest, the spawns were extremely broken on lower levels and overspawning. Playing on Alcoholic (level 1) makes the game pretty much unplayable since there are elites all over.

It’s using the newest version, hence why the item is called plutonium nyborg and it summons Zeke. The difference, if there is one, is that the version in Grimmarillion is being tweaked a lot to solve lag issues or bugs. I’m not sure if Jiaco is updating his stand alone at the same time, but as far as I know, both Jiaco and Asylum are working on grimmest in grimarillion.

The newest version was updated today and Jiaco even stated that the massive overspawns is fixed. I don’t think there has been an update to grimarillion yet with the newest update for spawns. I’m trying to play with the lowest settting (Alcoholic) and there are elites covering the entire screen and causing massive lag. This has been fixed as of today, so Grimarillion needs updating.

Grimmest and Grimarillion use the same stuff. Sometimes I just don’t have the time to update immediately after jiaco because we’re in different time zones. Usually one of us is modding while the other is working or sleeping. So Grimmest updated this morning as I’m walking out the door for work. :eek:

v66d (standalone)
https://mega.nz/#!WVNlkA7A!zPCldw6X08R6RfAauWGnD6TfUAT8LDykv7S3OMkWCys

v66d

[Grimmest]
*Applied Grimmest changes from Grimmest FG 1.1

[Grim Quest]
*Changed class combo names to the original ones from TQ, with a TQ Prefix to be different from the similarly named GD classes.

no special install instructions, assuming I packed it right you should just need to place the contents of the zip into the grimdawn/mod folder as usual. Remove the old version beforehand, we don’t want any old files sneaking in somehow.

All hail the tireless dedication of Asylum!

Thanks a lot Asylum !

It works but :o… to many heroes at the lower level (alcoholic+no density).:o
5 Heroes/pack is realy too much (for me). I like when there is 5 heroes, but not on every pack, only…sometimes, like the v65.
May be it’s me, I don’t know what the others will say.

Thank you again for all your efforts and the precious time you invest.

Seriously? I tested for a while and the proxies seemed to get only 1-2 heroes each on Alcoholic. There is some randomization though.

Further adjustments can be made, but once some more feedback comes in.

Playing in Veteran on v66d and on the lowest setting I’m getting 1-2 elites per pack. Haven’t seen more than 3 yet, but I’m only at the flooded passage. I’ll keep an eye on the count, even though alcoholic+no density is boring :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Okay, there are a few places that indicate a bit of tweaking is still needed. Underground Transit, for instance, right after the Shrine had 15 or so heroes jammed in there. Could see it being a bit crazy. The good part though: No lag!

heroes in everywhere using alcoholic settings no density using latest grimar and its look like there’s a 2-3 heroes on every pack

i much prefer 1 in every 10 mobs is hero/elite in 66b

i have to concur with everyone else so far, still pretty high hero spawns on alcoholic no dd

i ran flooded passage and the snake quest in the beginning you get from devil crossing, about 3-4 heroes every pack on ultimate

I love this new control over trash and hero spawns but I agree I want better control over hero density I don’t like the lowest setting being so many each pack. can’t it start smaller like it used to? what I mean is why is the setting between none and one so extreme.

Replace your Grimarillion/resources/grimmest.arc with an uncompressed copy of the file from https://mega.nz/#!lU5gmYJK!BWE8mXVy9fuW-zgmOJ1Tn91gPLQ6FSuI-7D7Q9Ru1wA and you can test a reduced set of difficulty settings.

well done guys, looking forward to test it right now

edit: 66d is a huge difference, but probably i will test the lower settings as well later

i appriciate the love u put into this mod/game, keep the good work on!

cheers zul

Hey, Jiaco, I’m testing that reduced difficulty settings- I’m not sure I’d say it’s ‘too hard’ for me, given my build is very glass cannony, and I can scrape by- however, I am on double the enemies + alchoholic, I will say I think there’s something odd happening with the hero spawns- there are a LOT at times, if you look at these pictures.

What is double density supposed to do? What should we be expecting when on Nihilist with Double Density enabled? We’ve counted small packs around Burrwitch (lvl 35ish) that were entirely heroes, or sometimes stuff like 3 mobs and 6 heroes (if not more). The ratio of heroes to trash mobs is greater than 2:1 for sure. What do the higher levels of hero spawn do? They must be insane!

Can second this. Replaced the grimmest.arc like Jiaco said, decided to create a new character on normal (not even veteran) with Alcoholic settings. There are still an extreme amount of elites spawning for what the lowest setting should be.

Edit: it really feels like it’s unplayable at the moment for new characters on the absolute lowest settings.

The hero spawns from Jiaco’s link is much better in my opinion. Personally, I like heroes to spawn once in every 5 or so packs, and I like a large amount of variation. I think it keeps it interesting when I don’t know whether a pack will have an easy 1-2 heroes or a massive amount like 6-8.

Having just updated in a while, the main thing I miss in the recent update is the density of normal mobs. Even with double density active, normal mob packs are noticeably smaller and underwhelming. I really liked the chaos of every fight in v65, which had the ideal density and number of both normal and hero enemies to me.I haven’t had that in the latest version but the fps increase is too much to give up. Is there any possibility of a 3x, 4x, or maybe even higher density in the future?

Also, I’ve noticed that some enemies won’t scale correctly, maybe about half. I’m at 94 and enemies are either correctly ~94 or a much lower ~71.

jiaco uploaded the wrong file. Not sure what I was thinking, but you need the scripts.arc and i am not sure what all is going in there in Grimarillion these days.

The correct “scripts.arc” file is now in a zip and attached to this post.