[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Hi, I recently started playing this mod and I`m loving it, it’s incredible! Awesome work man.

About the spears: I can also confirm that they are dropping at a higher rate than other items in general.
I still have to play more the last update but yes, the epic loot variation was/is an issue (I’m lvl 55 at the moment and I’m getting the same 5-10 epic items since the beginning).

Again, great work! =D

Yeah, I certainly find spears with various affixes.

But about Telamon’s Boar Skewer, I found only one while playing for a long time. I was lucky to find it around level 60 when I was playing with a spear character. Until the end of the game, it was much stronger than the other spears.

Hi again,
Just so you can visualize the loot issue:

Just killed 4-5 heroes and the 3 epic items that dropped are the same ones that are dropping throughout my playthrough (plus 4 spears!) To be more specific those epics are Bryner’s Jorney (boots), Roland’s Bearing (armor) and Balance(2 handed sword), all 3 from diablo 3 mod.

For a bigger picture, these are the epic items that I looted so far (I sold 4-5 because they were the same). Out of 36 items, only 6 (3 are spears) are NOT items from diablo 3 mod. Maybe there is something related, but then again that’s not enough data to rely on.

Hi again,
Just so you can visualize the loot issue:

Just killed 4-5 heroes and the 3 epic items that dropped are the same ones that are dropping throughout my playthrough (plus 4 spears!) To be more specific those epics are Bryner’s Jorney (boots), Roland’s Bearing (armor) and Balance(2 handed sword), all 3 from diablo 3 mod.

For a bigger picture, these are the epic items that I looted so far (I sold 4-5 because they were the same). Out of 36 items, only 6 (3 are spears) are NOT items from diablo 3 mod. Maybe there is something related, but then again that’s not enough data to rely on.

Will Zenith 1-handed/2-handed weapon crafting be added to Pelanis the Satyr? Right now he has Titanslayer guns (1-hand) and Titanslayer crossbows (2-hand) for Titan Quest masteries, would be nice to dual-wield + outrider skill pistols for more dakka.

Some uniques seem to have unusually high drop rates (9 demon machines, 7 magistrates, 6 magefists, 7 balances, uncountable rolands set pieces while leveling one character from 1-65), but a silverbolt dropped which makes it even :slight_smile:

PS: for Champion’s “Army of None” i can verify they’re affected by player damage bonuses, but will they scale with player hp/resistance/armor absorption bonuses as well? They’re starting to get a little squishy in Malmouth from all the AOE aether spam. If player resists do affect them i’ll just slap on some augments and components.

Thanks for the mod, having one hell of a time with demo/champion combo, just let the enemies smash themselves to pieces on your retaliation passives + vindictive flame.

As I said above, some old files snuck in so it’s borked atm, I’m well aware and it should be fixed when I update it. What level are you when this is happening? What area? What enemies? Loot that drops is level dependent (and area dependent if its from a chest)

Anyway.

Here is the update, it includes the full mod because there were subtle file size differences in the arcs I wasn’t sure if something was changed or not when I did the rebuild.

Grimarillion
https://mega.nz/#!jAEgDaKA!3dKXOwNAtSMIBU9OW-_PJwk3rLxUcR1jI1aBs99Urj4
Ungrim
https://mega.nz/#!ncc0RIpZ!iDfsZdFn25cxiJKPP90U8I9u4r-gdrZhpM1INjC03jc

v62a

//Items//
*Fixed an issue where the spear bitmaps weren’t working. (verify please)
*Fixed an issue where selling the Effigy of the Panther would crash the game.
*Fixed an issue with many loot tables that was causing conflicts and spear drops everywhere.

//Rogue//
Summon Epialos:
*Increased movement speed of the pet.

Trickery of Hermes:
*Moved %OA bonus to Hecate’s Sorcery.

Hecate’s Sorcery:
*Added %OA bonus.

Poison Gas Bomb - Aphotic Ichor:
*Reduced damage reduction.

//Spirit//
Spectral Spires:
*Fixed an issue where this was not unlocking at the right mastery level

Spectral Spires - Diffusion:

Deathchill Aura - Necrosis:

No vanilla items dropping?

ps: there are only 26 D3 items that drop at 25-50 level range. Then sometimes is normal to get the same item, but it should be dropping vanilla items as well to get a larger variety.

Exactly, no vanilla epic items, but then again, I’m in a low level area (Homestead/Blood Groove) on normal(grimmest).

Asylum, thank you again for all the work, and to clarify I’m just trying to help, I didn’t mean to be annoying. Next time I’ll bring more sensitive data :smiley:

Thank you for the quick update. I confirmed that all the defects I reported before have been fixed. :smiley:

Hi great mod.One problem i have are that the Fabric quest doesn’t work.That was in v61 as well.It’s the quest where you have to collect the 3 fabrics in abandon waterfront and the 1 npc next to her(one kid on the right hand side)has a tag not found on him and npc’s not there

Thanks and spear problem is fixed now :slight_smile:

Can confirm this: https://imgur.com/a/HgrJ20v

Glad to see my main concerns have been fixed. I’m not worried about the fabric quest, it’s a minor side quest so I’ll keep it in mind for the next update but I’m not going to hurry to fix that.

I have got a question ,is it possible ,if I will port some items (f.e. from Diablo 2 ,Soulvizier for TQIT or similar) and port will be good quality ,can I ask You to merge it also into Grimarillion? I want to start making it ,but I can’t imagine playing Grim Dawn without Grimarillion anymore :slight_smile:

Here is an item color coding file for Grimarillion v62a.
See here for usage. And be sure to delete an old version.

Edit:
October 10, Fixed incorrect name and description of two items.

Great stuff! thanks mate!

why is Preserver grey when Basinet is white ? I would expect both to be white as it is a common / white item (Preserver Basinet) ?

No problem :slight_smile: i just love this mod.My brother and I play it via lan and were having a blast cept when he rambo 10 bosses then it’s not funny anymore lol

I think so too, and in fact many items are displayed in white. However, I don’t know the reason, but some items are defined separately.

Basically, items of Grim Dawn are connected in the order of prefix / quality / style / name / suffix (written at the beginning of tags_items.txt). And on tagsgdx1_items.txt Preserver is defined as style in “#Itemstyles.” (in line 316)

The item filter author WareBare made the quality and style silver, so I followed it.

Just one question guys: Can the item filter cause crashes? I started getting game crashes every 1-2 hours ingame since yesterday when i installed it and i can’t identify yet what exactly is causing it :slight_smile:

That is very unlikely. Have you confirmed the normal display and this filter many times compared?

The program first looks at the text file in the localization folder and reads only that text file if there is a specified language there. Therefore, there is almost no increase in consumption memory. And this text file merely specifies the font color, and the item ID has not been changed.
From the above point, the cause of the crash should not be in this file.

But thanks, I noticed a little mistake. There was a discrepancy between the two item names and explanations, so I fixed them. Users using previous files should exchange with corrected files.