[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Downgrade from what?

Thanks for that about Shattered Realm, that explains alot from my experience getting through the first 25 levels of Shattered Realm. It was very different from what was in Reign of Terror, the only other time Iā€™ve played that part of the game at all. It was kind of easy anyway, and if you are playing Grimmer and Grimmest, the constant nasty fights are normal. Iā€™m in Nihilistic, level 30 near the end of Act 1. Redoing Replicating Missiles build with freeze I failed at a year or two ago with this mod in Elite difficulty. Doing much better in Normal mode.

Iā€™ve been thinking lately that this mod along with Reign of Terror are so good, I no longer have any need to play older games like Diablo 2 (Resurrected will be a curious museum piece) and Titan Quest because Grimarillion is so much better. Itā€™s not perfect, particularly the quick leveling system that ends quickly, but while it lasts itā€™s an amazing experience.

Talking about this because I believe Shadr_Sabirov was insulting the mod saying itā€™s still worse than the base experience.

There are other damn good mods on these boards Iā€™d play as well if I didnā€™t need the specific classes Grimarillion offers, like the one with 50 classes, etc, I could play for infinite value as far as builds are concerned.

I may very well go back to those old classics at some point, but thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking right now. The Titan Quest modding scene is awkward as I have to quit every game to get past Giza, itā€™s a flaw in the 10x mod, or whatever itā€™s called (and the repeating bosses of the same type is odd to say the least, LOL). Grim Dawn works flawlessly in comparison, all I see is very rarely a missing tag on an item, and thatā€™s it.

Iā€™ve really enjoyed the Spirit Mastery I decided to have as a secondary synergy for my build. Iā€™m really enjoying these skills now that Iā€™ve tried my first new mastery. :slight_smile:

I personally donā€™t care about negative people.As long as i enjoy the mod.I am not in this world to make friends.He wants a friend buy a fā€¦ing dog :blush:.People will always look at the negative side of things because they are jealous that they could not do better.I have played Ayslumā€™s tq mod and it still to this day one of my favorite mods just sad it doesnā€™t work on anniversary.

This mod are more a down to earth experience.I play grim and dom.Dom i play serious because of the huge class choice.I would rush a character test it out and start a new.In grim on the other hand itā€™s all about the attention to detail for me.Specially that Asylum added the third person camera to his mod.To see that earth golem close up is :heart:

PS:That golem close up looks like hunshback of northedam.I know i spelled that incorrect but i am not English :joy:

I was chiefly trying to be positive about Grim Dawn and the mods on this forum than be negative about TQ mods. :smiley:

The only reason, at least in my thinking right now, to play D2 or TQ is to have a different campaign. I see every Grim Dawn mod benefiting greatly from the base game of superior crafting and passive skills as well as matching levels, to the point where I feel like Iā€™m playing an antique with D2 or TQ. Iā€™ve played D2 for 20 years.

When I play this mod Iā€™m constantly challenged, even at max level. Iā€™m slowly learning how to play better for a full experience.

Well, thereā€™s always the Shadow Masteries mod and the Enchanced Gameplay for TQ. Plus Bumbleguppyā€™s working on his new version of Legion of Champions for all us pet lovers and he likes to add nasty things into it like the campfires you see in the game really burn you if you stand too near them. :smile:

Thatā€™s a great idea! :smiling_imp:

Also in previous versions, when you opened a sepulchur it could spawn a room full of traps; that was really nasty since it was hard to avoid them. His latest addition is Formicid Egg clusters spawning monsters.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1466.msg16908#msg16908

Heā€™s sneaky like that is Bumbleguppy. :rofl:

I play shadow masteries.Itā€™s actually a lot of fun.Pity i donā€™t have much time for gaming though.I am jumping at night between grim/dom and tq :unamused:I am getting to old for this :rofl:

Nonsense! If I can do it at 68 you can! :wink:

Wow, you make me feel very comfortable for saying Iā€™m 47, but since you winked Iā€™m guessing youā€™re 27. :wink:

Nope, passed that milestone decades ago. :smile:

Man i feel like a kid now as i am only 39 :unamused:But like they say.You are never to old for gaming and never to old to learn.

Btw:I got my Brother and his wife hooked on Grim.Sheā€™s still new to gaming so i gave her a controller to play.Itā€™s much easier for someone that doesnā€™t know how to control a character with a mouse.Grim are perfect for beginners.As it doesnā€™t change much from the base game.I also let hard play with the stock difficulty.Itā€™s easy for veterans and beginners.

1 Like

Cheers old farts , 46 here :slight_smile:

61 & love this mod to keep on target lol

So I found this AMAZING Medal that converts all my aether damage to elemental damage and gives me all skill stats in both my replicate missiles and my cold nova freeze effect (forget name). As such, Iā€™ve researched and fully understand the interaction of skills applying before conversion and items after conversion. This is the case with both direct damage and buffs.

What I cannot find anywhere is if my skill from the Spirit tree that debuffs their ability to resist aether damage is countered because my aether damage is now elemental damage. Is it just like buffs where it sees my damage type as aether damage instead of elemental damage, because skills apply before the conversion takes place, allowing this debuff to still work?

I find this idea confusing, so I thought Iā€™d askā€¦

This applies generally to Grim Dawn, not just mods.
For a reduced resistance effect on any skill, this is not converted. You would need to find different reduced resistance effects if you convert your damage.
Damage conversion applies only the the base damage. like skill does 500 aether damage. When a buff has % to damage, like +120% aether damage. the % is not converted.
Though I am a little unclear if the 2nd or 3rd modifier of a skill that has % to a damage would modify the base damage of the skill, which is then converted. or if that % damage is lost.

So I can see thatā€™s GD in general and not just this mod.

When I researched this topic before asking, Reddit said skill buffs do work and never mentioned anything about conversion damage only being from the base damage. If they are right, then the buffs do work but they are the original damage type (like aether) and not the converted, even if you have 100% conversion like I do to elemental. Then, in that case, -aether resistance debuff would work as Iā€™d still be doing aether damage. Am I seeing this incorrectly? Iā€™d say thatā€™s an even more confusing system that I ever considered! Buffed damage in most builds will be far greater than the base converted damage, making it pointless to do so.

I see the only real advantage in converting damage is to align builds with different damage types into one damage type so that the gear only needs to buff one type of damage and increase the percentage increase to the base damage. But I can see how a debuff wouldnā€™t buff the damage, as thatā€™s applied on the monster after the fact when the skill is actually being used.

Iā€™m going to do more reading before making this postā€¦

I found this post on the forumā€™s:

Letā€™s quote the first part, as it says buffs do apply, generally speaking, to conversion, meaning percentage increases to the base damage. Keep in mind gear and passive buffs and modifiers go after the original conversion (so I understood from Reddit):

Conversion: What it is and why you want it
Conversion is the process of changing damage from one type to another, such as from physical to chaos. It can be found in many forms, including equipment, buffs, and transmuters. The ability to convert damage opens up enormous potential for new builds and ways to stack damage of seemingly disparate types. Imagine a character using fire strike but all that fire damage instead turning into aether damage and being modified by a full set of gear that supports aether damage. The options are many and varied.

Order of Operations
Conversion occurs in a specific order of operations that can be best understood by this maxim ā€œconversion happens first.ā€ The more detailed description can be found here and is as follows when using any skill.

ā€œThe order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passivesā€

This means that when you use a skill, you start with its base damage, modify it by any effects of the skill itself, convert it through any transmuters or skill effects that are part of the skill itself, convert it through any equipment or buff effects, then modify it by your other buffs such as gear and passive skills.

From what I gather it would be right to say the debuff wonā€™t work at all since I converted. But in the case of that skill, it also debuffs for cold damage, so I will receive 1/3rd the effect from my cold debuff on what was originally aether damage. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry, I think I misunderstood the response above. I agree +aether damage wouldnā€™t apply from gear, but it would from skills (though not passive skills). It would have to be +elemental damage instead. So most of my post was based on a false premise, but was how I originally interpreted it.

The way it was explained on Reddit is all damage buffs from the skill trees are calculated before damage conversation takes place. I think if a skill said aether damage was elemental damage on a particular skill, youā€™d need elemental damage buffs from other skills for it to work. Otherwise, once itā€™s converted, items and passives need to match the new damage type to buff the damage.

Reading the response above again, now I think maybe I didnā€™t misinterpret it, LOL. All that data plays tricks on my mindā€¦ But I think I have it straightā€¦

To be clear, when I mean a buff I merely mean % increase from a skill or an item. I apologize if I got the term incorrect. To me, anything that takes a skill over base damage, including in the skill modifier itself in the skill tree, itā€™s going above base and is a buff.

Thank you, this clears up the last thing I was not sure about. And gives me more confidence in using conversion, knowing I am not missing out on the skill modifiers.

Also, sorry to turn this mod thread into yet another discussion on damage conversion.

No worries. Dang game mechanics. :wink: