[REL] Grimarillion v80

Hey everyone, love the Mod, been playing it since DAIL and played that before AoM and so on. Now I am enjoying this version for Forgotten Gods however I am missing one thing and that is the extra devotion points, was it Grimarillion or another mod that had a load of classes AND gave 3 devotion points were shrine and had a larger devotion cap?

I take it I can only get 55 Devotion points in Grimarillion V69-70 and then spend that many? I wondered a couple things since I have no idea about Grim Dawn modding

1 - Is it too much to request a V70 of Grimarillion but that has a far higher devotion cap, with 3 devotion points per shrine? Maybe also 4-5 skill points per level all the way to the level cap?

2 - Is it difficult to learn how to do this myself, either by changing the Grimarillion mod, or merging it with another mod that changes devotion point gain.

Same questions for possibly changing points per level from 3 to 4/5 (all the way to max level).

I have no knowledge of modding Grim dawn but have modded other games if its as simple as changing just a few numbers in a txt file, database or what have you. I am willing to have a go myself if its simple enough.

Thank you all for your hard work. The amount of changes/classes is staggering, Grimarillion appears to be the biggest class mod for Grim Dawn and offers so much content! well done ! :blush:

Think you’re thinking of this mod

Not part of Grimarillion.

So mega.nz is throwing me “out of memory” error all the time.

Can you upload your mod on Nexus?

I know its not part of the mod. But that mod has extra devotion and skill points. Hence why I was asking if it was possible/easy for someone who has not modded Grim Dawn before to add extra skill points, more devotion per shrine/higher shrine cap.

OR, if it was too time consuming for a request for one of the developers of this mod to make me a custom Grimarillion V70 file with 3/4 devotion per shrine and 5 skills per level.

I still much prefer all the Grimlarillion changes, content and new items/classes over Ghost Grim. Ghost Grim lacks all that and has music I find irritating (from skyrim) that replaces Grim Dawns music which I feel damages the theme/atmosphere.

If you are somewhat experienced with computers, it should be pretty simple.

The hardest part is getting prepared for modding by setting up the GD modding tools etc. So look into that and once you have done that and know how to extract an .arz file (ArchiveTool) and build one (AssetManager), the rest is easy.

Sorry guys I don’t do requests. If I do a custom version for one person I’m gonna get swamped by people who want 200 levels, less monsters, more items, etc. You will have to figure out to make your changes on your own, follow mambas advice and start on setting up the tools and learning the basics.

As for mega, I can’t help you there. Setting up a nexus dl for grimarillion will take a bit of time, not sure i will have time to do it any time soon.

Thank you.I totally agree.People want to make changes cause they want to get OP.I Like the difficulty the way it is now.Still pondering if i should start a summoner but think it will be a biatch in the early levels :smiley:

There’s a lot of guides how to mod GD.I am not a modder i am a gamer and i enjoy Grimillion although i still feel the crusader to be op :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the replies folks. Maybe I will look into setting up the tools. Seems a lot of people agree setting up modding is one of the more awkward parts of the whole thing :smile: at least if you just want to change a few values in the editor/database.

The funny thing is, I just want more 5 skills per level and 3/4 devotion per shrine to save me time since what with work and having played through Grim Dawn so many times I prefer a very fast progression curve but it seems learning to make that change may take a lot of time and I may as well just play it as it is :sweat_smile:

Is the Crusader OP Pierre even compared to the other D3 classes? I have only played the Wizard from the D3 classes and it is perhaps the most powerful class I have played since starting Grimlarillion again. That is after playing the 6 “unique” classes on the right of the class selection (elementalist seemed weak to start, so rolled wizard instead).

I am starting up a retaliation build with the Champion as base since it seems to give you a lot of retaliation (or "reaction to hit) effects. I wondered if I should combine it with Crusader but then considered the Titan Quest Defense out of nostalgia (loved that game) and wanting to use colossus…

You know what makes the crusader OP are that he has a DA buff.Which makes life a lot easier specially when you play multiplayer.I want to try and build a dps Crusader with fire damage buff.Not gonna disagree Wizard are damn potent :smiley:

I understand why you want more devotion points/stats as a lot of people want to get late game earlier or if they like me.Have limited time to play.If they release a update with my points i will try it casually as i only have 1 hour a day to play if i am not to tired.

Last time i played a made lvl 89 before finishing the game on AOM.Sad part is lost my character + chest after i updated my Grimmilion a few updates back.Bleek days but my fault for not backing up my saves :grin:

Solved:
This error is showing in Firefox.
Downloaded the mod with Chrome.

1 Like

Um, that’s strange. I downloaded it via Firefox earlier today and installed it.

I am having the same issue with the send components to stash button missing. :frowning:

Could be a specific issue, who knows.

Yep known issue already, I will try to get a hotfix asap but I am in the path of a hurricane so time is limited

Grim Dawn stash has a character editor where you can adjust the # of devotion and skill points your character has. Less immersive but should be able to get the same effect.

Stay safe asylum!

v70a Changelog

[UI]
*Fixed an issue with the Stash missing buttons.
*Added the proper Grimarillion version number to the Quest log.

Grim Quest:
[Classes]

Spirit:
Vision of Death:
(Changes from v70 I forgot to list)
*Reduced cooldown to 1.2 seconds and duration to 4 seconds.
*Duration now scales with ranks.
*Added movement slow.
*No longer disrupts.
*Reduced damage reduction slightly

Enslave Spirit:
*Renamed to Soul Feast, as mentioned in the last update.

Download

Small download this time, just drag and drop, overwrite the existing stuff in your grimarillion mod folder. Looks like the hurricane is slowing down, so I have about an extra day or so to plan my funeral :joy:

3 Likes

You will be fine, and thank you for working on a fix while all that was going on! :heart:

We love u asylum! Is there anyway to leave Florida?

Not really! Must drive north for 10 hours or so just to leave the state, but the predicted path was looking like maybe it would head even to Georgia, so I’d have to maybe go a bit west into Alabama or something… Any other direction takes me to ocean, and/or towards the storm.

Nah but I’ve got pretty decent shutters and a new roof since the last storm (Irma) that came through here so I should be OK. Hopefully we don’t get any nasty flooding cause… flooding sucks. When Irma came through they were warning about a 15 - 20ft (I think that’s like 4-6m) storm surge, luckily we didn’t get that. Gonna have to spend the weekend cleaning my yard to make sure we’re debris-free, and then bring in all my plants… my poor garden is gonna get ruined.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update and your well-being. Garden will get re-build in no time.

Sad to hear that, I heard about this upcoming storm in US, I wish everything will be fine,be careful and of course I hope your garden won’t be destroyed :stuck_out_tongue: I love gardens :smiley: