[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Nope, classes from ROT are balanced for ROT and will be very unbalanced in vanilla.

Can I just say I love the 3 extra classes. I am busy building a player scaling pet build and the reanimater is perfect for that coupled with a warfare summon = Less work for me to rambo stuff :grin:

How about the original classes before RoT redesigned them that is in Grimarillion’s sister mod that has far more classes? It uses the original D2 characters that I think is still updated by the original author, where the RoT classes came from before they were rebalanced/enhanced for that mod’s vision.

Personally D3 classes are enough for me mostly, and I haven’t even gotten to those yet, LOL. As D3 characters are mostly remakes/hybrids of D2 classes.

Right now playing my first Final Fantasy game, #1. It’s a blast but the map is too much of a maze. It plays kind of like a turn based Diablo game, best way I could describe it. Baldur’s Gate (original, or Icewind Dale) isn’t a good comparison, as its turnbased combat is much more complex. FF plays like a simple action game, pixel remaster version for PC.

yeah but it says you send forth many smaller ripples…and every video I have watched the distortion wave looks different so I assume it either a) isnt working as intended or b) got changed and no longer has the same animation

It’s working as intended.

v90 Changelog

Misc:

Added Darkest Dawn, Diablo 3, Augury, Reskill, Shattered Affixes, and Grim Quest smiths to the Personal Hideout. They are all located near the portal.
Updated the Crafting Bonus tooltip area for all the custom smiths.
Updated the Profession tag for most custom smiths so you can tell immediately what mod they are from.
Changed all items which summon NPCs into Notes. They will no longer summon smiths, and the Note will be added to your Journal to tell you where to go to find the NPC.
Updated loottables to include missing sets from Darkest Dawn
Updated inventor convert loottables to include missing sets from Darkest Dawn and Priest Mastery.
Lots of class combo names added and updated. See Here: Grimarillion Class Combos - Google Sheets
Created a new animation table for the player to allow more freedom for modders.
All “ShadowStrike” animations will now use the “AttackJump” animation for player skills (Runes and Shadow Strike, it’s the same animation just a bit faster)
All “Stormcaller” animations will now use the “Teleport” animation for player skills. (Ill Omen and Bone Harvest, it’s the same animation just a bit faster.)
Some other animations will be removed but you won’t notice since they were not used anymore. (for example, IEE and Field Command had unique animations, they are autocasted now…)

Grimmest:
Added Grimmest NPC (Zeke) in the Personal Hideout

Zenith:
Elementalist class name changed to Evoker.
Tinted Riftstalker’s Class art to be more green.
Added a new smith for Zenith specific crafting. This smith will be located in the Personal Hideout.
Removed old variant Zenith Relic Formulas. (only the formulas, if you have the relics they will not be removed)
Added new Zenith relics.
Added several new crafting components for Zenith items, one (Zenithal Amalgam) will drop from enemies like Forgotten Souls and Electrum Coins, the others must be crafted. (Essence of MASTERYNAME)
Updated Zenith Weapon variant Formulas, they now require the vanilla item only.
Updated Zenith Armor variant Formulas, they now require the vanilla item only.
Existing Zenith green crafted items have been adjusted. The maximum skill bonus provided from any non-staff item has been reduced to 1. Staves have been adjusted to grant a max of 2 skill bonus at high levels. Riftstalker affixes have had the CDR replaced with chaos resist.
New Zenith Affixes created for the Zenith crafts, these will be replacing the old ones but the old ones aren’t removed so you won’t lose your items (but they will be neutered).
New Zenith green crafted affixes have been created and added to the crafter, the old ones were removed.
Added new crafting formulas for Zenith gear, including leggings, shoulders, greaves, gauntlets, melee weapons (one and two handed), and two handed guns (already had crossbows but if you want a gun…)
Cowl of the Venomblade variant has had it’s set removed, I’m not sure this ever worked. Added the set granted skill and 4% CDR to compensate.
Infernal Knight’s Faceguard variant has had it’s set removed, I’m not sure this ever worked. Added bleeding resist and total speed to compensate.
Light’s Defender Helm variant has had it’s set removed, I’m not sure this ever worked. Added the set granted skill and 60 OA to compensate. Swapped Terror Knight all skills bonus with Champion.
Warborn Visor variant has had it’s set removed, I’m not sure this ever worked. Added the set granted skill and flat physical damage to compensate.
Outrider - Pneumatic Burst: increased duration and energy cost.
See here for new crafting info: Zenith Crafting - Google Sheets

Shattered Affixes:
Changed the Shattered Affixes Smith model from the ghostly human to a spooky skeleton so you can differentiate him from Tendo.
Updated the Shattered Affix Smith name from Ignus to Masamune, to differentiate him from the one in the Conclave.
Removed chance for corrupted affixes for Shattered weapon drops from Shattered Troves.
Removed chance for a few unique enchantments to drop from Shattered Troves.
Removed chance for Shattered Medal blueprints to drop from Shattered Troves, instead the Medals themselves will drop.
Fixed some tag issues regarding several Shattered items. (wrong items having mythical tag, some items not having the item type in the name for the bp, minor stuff)
Crafted Shattered Amulets and Rings no longer craft a random amulet or ring, they will now recraft the same item with affixes instead.
Reworked many Shattered Affix crafts, and you will most likely lose your old ones. Sorry, but they were insanely strong. I’ve fixed most of them to be potent, but not insanely so (imo)
Shattered Rings no longer grant random procs - we have Reskill so you can grab procs from there if you need them. Instead Rings will grant a two random skills +2 bonus.
Shattered Amulets no longer grant random modifiers, instead Amulets will grant Devotion modifiers. They aren’t the same modifiers from before, I created 189 new devotion modifiers that are less insane.
Shattered Helmets no longer grant devotion modifiers, only skill modifiers. They aren’t the same modifiers from before either, I created 294 new modifiers that are less insane.
Shattered Gloves no longer grant potion modifiers. These seemed like a poor way to spend your Shattering Orbs. Instead you’ll get a random stat from a list of about 85 affixes.
Shattered Medals can roll any bonus from helmets, amulets, rings, or gloves. These can never be corrupt or affixless.
See here for new crafting info: Shattered Affixes Info - Grimarillion - Google Sheets

Diablo 3:
Inna’s Temperance: removed CDR.
Fixed an issue with high SR (75+) that would prevent D3 enemies from spawning.
Updated some proxy data for D3.
Adjusted the drop method for D3 boss items again, items don’t drop in SR so my last idea was a dud, this next one should work fine.
Butcher no longer has two phases. Added his enrage buff to his first form.

Grim Quest:
Added a bitmap for the Grim Quest Smith next to the “Combine” button, like every other smith has.
Removed all Zenith recipes from the Grim Quest Smith.
Svalinn: replaced frostburn retaliation with cold retaliation.
Glowing Rod: replaced burn retaliation with fire retaliation
Eye of Ra - replaced burn retaliation with fire retaliation.
Cord of the Living Flame - replaced burn retaliation with fire retaliation.
Pyrophoric Lop - replaced burn retaliation with fire retaliation
Song of the Serpent - replaced poison retaliation chance with flat acid retaliation, chance set to 100%.
Touch of the Fool - replaced poison retaliation with flat acid retaliation, increased acid retaliation.
Scaled Serpent Shield - removed poison retaliation, increased acid retaliation.
Avatar of Leshy - reworked set passive and final modifiers, no longer has flat health reduction/bonuses but instead has a Total Health Modifier, even better. The Force of Nature should now survive being summoned just fine from the Divine set.

MEGA
NEXUS
MODDB

Edit:

If you already downloaded Grimarillion v90, here is a hotfix to address a minor issue regarding a few bugged bitmaps and fx from Darkest Dawn masteries and gear. For anyone who hasn’t downloaded v90, the original links have been updated with the fix.

4 Likes

Updated the Rainbow File for v90.

Edit: Updated following the hotfix.

4 Likes

I’ve updated the small hotfix for a few minor text issues and a missing animation.

Again - this hotfix is included in the full download on MEGA. Just download that if you haven’t already downloaded the latest version.

The Nexus and Moddb links will be updated eventually, I will wait a little bit for them since it takes a bit of wrestling and I’d rather just wait for potential bug reports.

EDIT:

It was brought to my attention that the hotfix posted here was the same as the old hotfix. I fixed the link. Apparently MEGA stores previous versions by default and uses the old URL for the older versions. I thought overwrite would erase the old file and keep the same URL for the new file, apparently not. Sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

the MEGA file is no longer available…

It is, I just downloaded it.

the file from the v90 post? No, it definitely is not available…

The link in asylum’s post just above yours.

that is not the one I was talking about. He said the MEGA v90 contains the hotfix, so I wanted to download that, but the link is dead.

Ah, I see. Yes, there’s nothing there if you click on the full download link in the OP for Mega.

v90a Changelog

Misc
Fixed an issue where some MI were missing D3/Priest skill mods as intended.
Fixed an issue where Father Abaddoth and any other enemies that use player animations will have spear/staff animations again.
Ignus NPC in Conclave of the Three will no longer be glowing and offer Shattered Affix recipes.
Oxley NPC in Devil’s Crossing will now have dialog, as intended from v90.
Fixed Grimmest script to prevent it from giving you another Nyborg every session.

Diablo 3
Replaced the class title for Demo+D3 Necro (from Eradicator to Pyromaster)
Replaced the class title for Barbarian+Nightblade (from Berserker to Bladebreaker)
Fixed an issue where the low level versions of Basilisk Mark granted skillpoints to Frenzy instead of giving it to Fan of Knives.
Tweaked the D3 Boss drop system a bit more when encountered in SR. They should now drop their MI and a Forgotten Soul immediately on death (which will drop even in SR), then drop an orb which will produce one random item.

Darkest Dawn
Fixed an issue where the Illusionist mastery had the wrong art for Striat’s Vortex.

Zenith:
Added materia conversion recipes for the Incarnate (Zenith Crafter), you can now convert Zenithal Amalgams from Blood, Brains, Hearts, Mutagens, Missives and Wendigo Spirits.
Also added conversion recipes for the Incarnate (for now, I might move it later) to convert all the mod currencies (Forgotten Souls, Electrum Coins, and Zenithal Amalgams)
Added components to new Zenith relic recipes.
Renamed Zenithal Amalgam to Zenitham

Grim Quest:
Reworked The Furies granted skill, now triggers on attack instead of on enem death and as a result the stats were lowered.
Replaced Nemean Lion Set 3-Piece set bonus from 30% Pierce Resist for pets to 30% Bleeding Resist for pets.
Added a delay to the Rogue Lay Trap pet attack animation
Fixed an issue where Terracotta pets summoned by the Huang Di set were not invulnerable

If you’ve already installed the previous update (v90), you can skip the Full update and just use the hotfix patch at the bottom.

Full:
MEGA
ModDB
NEXUS

Hotfix only:
MEGA

1 Like

Updated the Rainbow File for v90a.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to craft items for my Evoker at the Zenith Blacksmith in the personal hideout and have not been able to get lucky to craft a single item, I have received items for all other classes. Gave myself 1000
Zenithal Amalgam’s to test with, and no luck. No other mod’s used beside this one. Could i possibly be doing something incorrectly?

Really enjoying your mod BTW, so thanks for that!

I’ll have to look after work - what have you tried crafting? Important to specify which recipes you’ve been trying.

Is the G for Zeke supposed to be missing when you start a new character now? I know he’s in the hideout, but I started a new character today and didn’t get a G in the inventory bag. This was after installing the hotfix.

Implements - Zenith Lightning Implement - Does not work
Axes - Zenith One-Handed Melee Weapon - Does not work

Staves - Zenith Lightning Staff - Does not work

Armor - All tested, Does not work
One caveat, Foci - Zenith Focus, Does work

Accessories - All tested, does not work

Thanks for looking into this :slight_smile: