[REL] Grimmer and Grimmest

Hi there. Thanks for this Mod. Has added a great deal more fun to the game for me.

I am curious as you do not seem to edit the proxy Info in gameengine.dbr…
Would changing this alter the champs globally or does it have to be done per spawn pool or map dbr?

Oh and what exactly are the changes to randomizer weights doing? Is that dealing with spawns or loots? or perhaps both?

One other thing…
If I grabbed the folder autopickup and dropped the script into my mod build and then created a build would that be enough to have autopickup of all normal components?

does this guy still exist? he stoped streaming a while ago i miss this time :smiley: i play ur mod since u started this mod :smiley: love it <3

Nothing to see here.

Hmm… has anyone tried this with Forgotten Gods yet?

This mod is not updated. Actually trying to decide what the future is for this mod as the base game is heavily modded, AoM was a rush/hack job and FG remains to be touched at all. On top of that, most of the modded records have changed over the years and the whole thing needs a massive go-over.

I am more focused on starting in Ultimate for the moment and am considering making Grimmest as single-playthough mode. But this is still in the planning stage for now.

If you want to play it, I would suggest going with Grimarillion.

Grimarillion has a ton of shitty classes that dilute the loot pool too much. I just wanna play Grimmest :frowning:

LOL, my thread is in the aether.

Here is Grimmest FG 0.8. Almost all of the things that were wrong are no longer wrong or at least less wrong.

https://mega.nz/#!VIpUWaTD!Eh9RnqeOQs4Z_w5ehaKtWUkwZXlH116rO350ouV9n-Y

Thanks man, i’ll test it out! I love grimmest. Does this allow chaning the % of elite spawn like it’s version in Grimarillion or was that something else inside that mod?

This has been a collaboration with Asylum basically, Grimmest and Grimarillion should function the same except for all the extra masteries in Grimarillion.

Grimarillion puts an item in your inventory called Plutonium Nyborg that summons a man named Zeke who alters your Grimmest level. That item is not in the Grimmest Mod you linked previously. Any thoughts?

It is in the current version of the Grimmest mod

I’m using the current version linked in this thread and it doesn’t have it…

Can you link me the one you’re using?

The last link posted by jiaco is the right one, the OP is out dated.

He posted https://mega.nz/#!VIpUWaTD!Eh9RnqeOQ...16rO350ouV9n-Y and that’s the one i’m using, but it doesn’t have the item in my inventory to summon Zeke. Do i get it late or am i supposed to start with it?

If you don’t have the item to summon Zeke, then Grimmest is probably inactive. You will need to get nyborg by using the console to summon one if it isn’t given to you on the mod’s first load.

hit the ~ key to open the console and type

game.give “records/grimmest/items/misc/potion_grimmest_vendor.dbr”

and it will spawn one in your inventory

Try this out and let me know if performance is any better.

I thought it would be a lot more optimized than it is, but now it is tied to proxies onaddtoworld and enters lua only once per proxy. But the game tends to load a lot of proxies at once when it starts loading them, so you can feel it. As long as you are not running away into the unexplored direction, you might not die.

https://mega.nz/#!sd5gkA5a!fhub_fSTSNm4tu8mkBiNMzZ3Xu7dFGkHNWP2X9ZEtVw

Anyway, full rewrite basically, so I expect lots of bugs. But I hope for people with lesser hardware, they can take it up a notch or two more than before.

Just wanted to report that Cronley NPCs aren’t getting multiplied like the rest of the factions! They seem to still have vanilla spawns, both heroes and normal mobs. I know my settings are correct because the wasp multiplier worked correctly inside the Cronley mine. Playing Grimarillion 67a!

Edit: I would also love to have even higher mob densities (normal mobs, not heroes) as the current “seeing double” is no where near like the old grimmest had (back when DAIL was a thing). If it does lag the game for some, perhaps putting it as an option (like the max hero rank) would be prudent? Then those with super computers could use it.
It would also be cool if the heroes weren’t mixed, it feels a bit odd meeting a giant scarab-boss outside the starter area, and they seem to fight each other all over the place. Perhaps you would consider going back to the more lore friendly version you had before?

Thanks for your continued work with the mod!

1 Like

Indeed mixed heroes from all around are quite jarring and immersion breaking. Anyway, lore friendly would be cool, but I don’t give myself hope for that. If Titan Quest modding is any similar then changes like that probably involve exhausting record editing.

1 Like

I am drowning in RL, if I ever make it out, I will re-run the script and contain Hero spawns to be more in line with the original areas. It should be easy to make DD have a 4DD mode as well, just need to find some peace in life where I can spend an afternoon redoing everything.

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward to your updated script! :grinning: