[REL] Grimmer and Grimmest

I’ve killed them twice without a hitch in ultimate! :stuck_out_tongue:
But I guess my build is good at this kind of thing and it’s usually easier as ranged! Looking forward to trying them as melee.
(Have you tried fighting the FOUR Loxmeres in ultimate yet? Lol)

@Jiaco - I’ve been playing with S-mode (grimmest) in DAIL and I haven’t had problems with any locations so far except one place…

The Tomb of Korvaak!

The amount of tightly packed armies of mobs there are so many that even my PC can’t handle it, game slows down to super low fps. And I don’t have issues in either Tyrant’s Hold, SoT or BoC for that matter. This is the only spot that simply has too many spawns :frowning:
Is it possible to tone this location down a tiny wee?

Otherwise I love your mod and I cannot imagine playing Grim Dawn without grimmest any more! Thanks!

Edit: Aetherial Terraformers and Aetherial Obelisks seem to spawn 10 zombies or so each when they reach 50% and “uproot” themselves. They also clone themselves. I just had 2 become 6 or so, meaning I had 60+ zombies at the same time on the screen killing fps completely. Could these be toned down a little? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit2: Edge of Reality final boss-fight is IMPOSSIBLE with grimmest lol! There’s only way to do it, being ranged and die close to the gate so they are there for you when you get back. Then you just shoot them with stuff through gate for 20-25 minutes until everyone are dead. I can’t imagine how a melee can even try this… :smiley:

[QUOTE=Mood;406463]I’ve killed them twice without a hitch in ultimate! :stuck_out_tongue:
But I guess my build is good at this kind of thing and it’s usually easier as ranged! Looking forward to trying them as melee.
(Have you tried fighting the FOUR Loxmeres in ultimate yet? Lol)

Actually yeah i ve tried and killed them cuz they are eaiser to kite in this area:) Problem with undead nemesis is to kite in tiny area, and yeah i am shadow striker so best i can do is hit run get 3 sec god mode hit and run but if u get stunned you are highly dead cuz four of them are trying to stun you:) I just did boc 4 bosses and they are really hard too, I just wish mod owner could reduce some of nasty and for some of builds impossible to kill boss numbers, otherwise i cant play normal ultimate aymore, its so less and fun without all these heros and mobs general:) Overall its great mod and again thanks to mod creater.

It is funny, I thought I undid all Nemesis and ondeath spawns, but I guess not.

Having a bit of an issue with time atm, but this thread is where I will look for nerf ideas, so post away where it is nasty, please. I will make a pass over all the new content as well.

Thanks.

Awesome! I’ll post one more nerf-idea then :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing that kills me in BoC Ultimate is those damn crystals because grimmest seems to multiply them exponentially.

Imagine running in a tight pathway and suddenly 5-8 crystals pop up in-front of you completely blocking the way :frowning:
To make matters worse, once they despawned (you need to stand close to them for them to despawn) new ones will pop up at the same location.
To make them go away first you need to go close to them for a moment, then back and wait 10-15 seconds. First crystals should now despawn - but a new bunch will spawn at the same location. Now go ahead and repeat what you just did a second time. But wait… There are 3-4 more giant crystal clusters that will pop on the same pathway! And each cluster will respawn once… :furious:

Ironically I could handle 4x Shar’zuls at the same time very easily, but I almost die to the 5-6 giant clusters of crystals that pop in his area each time. :eek:

Hey jiaco, I merged Grimmest with my Coronus Unbound by “accident” (forgot to remove your files from the working folder before updating and uploading everything), so I hope you don’t mind that… If you do I’ll update again and remove Grimmest from the next version.

Thanks for your work though, it’s really fun.
Oh shit I got a déjà-vu moment.

is there anyway to not increase the camera zoom?

Is there a way to transfer existing normal chars to this mod? I copy my char to the user directory, and I can make a game too, but every time I quit, the changes won’t save any I’back to where I was. Also yeah, any way to increase the camera zoom?

Never a problem to merge Grimmest with another mod. I am happy to see it out there being played.

Camera zoom and XP gain are the only things I modified in gameengine.dbr. If you want to un-mod either of those, just grab the source and delete that dbr (to remove both) or modify it how you please and re-build with the mod toolset.

Using existing characters has been described here
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37906

ok so I loaded this, created a new character is it supposed to say Grimmest somewhere when I start?

I ran to first boss under tree and he was normal spawn. I might be doing something wrong

This is the first (and so far only) mod I’ve installed for GD. I love it, though some areas cause the fps to drop to single digits which is a bit frustrating. I’d prefer just hero mobs increasing in #, with trash mobs left pretty much at vanilla settings.

I followed Depravity’s tips on setting up symlinks to the main character directory and that works well with this mod. However I notice when switching between custom and main campaign games that the difficulty setting dialog will continue to show the Grimmest difficulty settings. I end up having to exit GD entirely in order to “reset” the game and be able to load the normal game.

Also is it normal for my characters in a custom game to lose all learned recipes? In custom games I am now getting a lot of recipe drops that I already know in the vanilla game.

Thanks again for a great mod! :slight_smile:

I made just a few changes to some text tags in the mod. For some reason, this is still bugged and you have to load a toon, drop to menu and load again to get the tags like Grimmest instead of Veteran to stick.

That tree is a good indicator if the mod is working. You should have more that just the one hero there, so check the paths, you might have an extra sub-folder. You should see Grim Dawn/mods/Grimmest/database/grimmest.arz (iirc).

I’m gonna make a love post:

Thanks for your work on the mod, I gotta say it’s frustrating and very hard but oh so rewarding, I can’t play without it anymore. Unless I’m playing certain builds that just don’t work at all with Grimmest but I do very rarely (once).
I’m eager to play with it again after Ceno & adoomgod release the next version of Cornucopia.

You rock.

I cannot for the life of me get any of my current characters to show up for the mod. I go to custom game and choose grimmest~world001.map, and then all of my current characters disappear from the character select. Maybe I’m screwing up the save file transfer somehow, I dunno. Really don’t want to play without having near 2000 hours of blueprints and such on a totally new character. :cry:

Why not start again? I did. You only need basic components anyway

You need to symbolic link your main class or something.

I wouldnt touch my vanilla chars in mods

jiaco is it at all possible to do a Grimmest mod that has NO trash mobs at all and just Heroes? LOTS of heroes

Ive played S/B and X/SX modes enough to not want them anymore (trash)

I saw some picture posted that had a room just filled with Heroes weeks ago and forgot about it til now

Is it possible to remove all trash mobs? (apart from summons from heroes i know will still spawn)

I’d like to see a reduction of trash mob spawns to the same level as the vanilla game, if only to give my cpu a break. In this mod I die more often to single-digit fps more than the boss mobs.

So i have noticed that after installing and using this mod that I no longer have iron bits dropping. I hear the noise of them dropping but they dont appear nor do they pick up.

Bits drop from chest and what have you, just not from mobs.

Since you are the first to report this, I have to assume there is something specific on your system that got messed up. Can you give me any hints?

All I did was install the mod and made a new char. Not sure what else to say.

Even if I copy an old char that i used without the mod its the same, I can hear the bits drop but cant pick them up or see them.

Gonna verify game file and see if that changes anything.

Everything verified correctly, this is weird.

And you thought one was bad…

https://youtu.be/K16Uh3S_dQc