Remove skill disruption resist cap

I thought Possession will give me 100% skill disruption resist but it gave 80 because that’s the cap, which is rather disappointing. With 80% resist your skills can still be interrupted, so you’re not getting the value of true 100% resist. Possession should either increase the cap by 20 or the cap should be removed.

Maybe some items/set completion bonus/procs should have +10~20 maximum Skill Disruption resist.

For example, Codex of Lies’s 100% Skill Disruption Protection becomes superfluous when it’s probably going to be used with transmuted AAR and Possession. Yes, it can be used with normal AAR, so maybe, change it to +20% max Skill Disruption resist and reduce the Skill Disruption Protection to 50.

The same for Hood of Dreeg’s proc, which grants 100% Skill Disruption Protection. Hood of Dreeg is most likely used for DEE builds, which will want to use Possession. Make the proc also increase maximum Skill Disruption resist!

And why do you think that you should be able to be immune to skill disruption? Maybe Possession’s bonus should be lowered to 80%.

Because 100% resist definitely sounded like immunity to me. When I got Possession and saw only 80% on the page I was disappointed by the “false advertising” if you will.

I have a question:

Does skill disruption only effect cast type skills like DEE or can it affect attacks like ABB? How about default weapon attacks like Cadence?

I assume it can affect anything with a cooldown. Am I right?

It will affect all of these. Any Active Skill, pretty much.

1 Like

I think Default Attack Modifiers are excluded from this.

No, default attack modifiers (like Cadence) are definitely affected by skill disruption, unless an update since December 2016 changed that, per this video someone else made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2JHiDkurxo

I agree that Skill disruption needs a nerf. Any melee caster build (e.g. forcewave) needs to seriously gimp itself to get high skill disruption resist, and even then there’s still enough disruption that you can use a skill and not have it actually get used, which can be incredibly problematic if you’re using a time-sensitive skill like MoE, OFF, or anything that heals you (can be offensive skills too if you have ADCtH). Other ARPGs (like TQ) didn’t have a cap for secondary resists like Skill Disruption so true immunity was possible. I think this is sensible, especially considering the 100% resist granted by certain skills/items (unless that was intentionally put there so you can use just that item/skill regardless of your +max resist items, but even then I question the motivation behind the choice).

needs to seriously gimp itself to get high skill disruption resist,

One pantsu slot or 2 affixes “of incantion” and you are good to go. =)

They are also affected. You will use sucky default attack instead.

That’s true, but let’s look at that from another side:

Caster builds CAN get 80% skill disruption resistance, if they want to.

But Attack builds CANNOT get any resistance to “chance to Fumble/Impaired Aim” and are forced to miss up to 60% of their attacks when affected by such debuff. This debuff doesnt NOT affect spells, so casters just ignore it :).

I actually think that casters are in better position there :).

You may be right. Maybe we should introduce a “Fumble Resist” stat? :stuck_out_tongue:

If there’s one thing Grim Dawn needs, it’s more stats! I know I can’t get enough of item tooltips I have to actually scroll. In fact, some nights I like to curl up with a nice snifter of cognac and just read my equipment for a few hours. :slight_smile:

Give us Reduced Fumble Resist too!