Replace Constitution by +% Healing effects to Veterancy

an underdog skill since very long, Veterancy could definitively use some love. i think it would be a good place to put the new stat increasing healing effect and while we’re at it removing that ominous bonus which is Constitution. that certainly wouldn’t make the skill great but it would be a little better. i’m aware than people who don’t own FG would just lost a bonus but i’d be suprised anybody notice :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

plus 1 on this

3 Likes

I agree, wonder if anybody puts more than one point into it.

2 Likes

Actually i wonder if anybody puts even one point in it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The health regeneration is also pretty meh.

2 Likes

That’s true. In fact it could well be the weakest skill in the entire game (the lesser attribute restriction for armor could be interesting, though, but not in a mastery which is very rich about Physique).

1 Like

I do it ONLY to get a few more points into Cunning for OA basically :stuck_out_tongue:

This suggestion is not only a great idea, its also entirely reasonable.

1 Like

As much as I agree with this I question if soldier needs any more help.

I dont think this is “help” so much as it is correcting for a stat thats largely irrelevant to the game.

Yeah, this is the conundrum i have with this suggestion. I like it, but does Soldier really need any more help? This will just increase its survivability, which it has already more than enough.

1 Like

At the same time, 1 point wouldn’t make a huge difference and investing in it would take away from skill points spent elsewhere. I rather the health regen just scale on a more exponential curve.

Does that justify having a complete useless skill?

1 Like

Soldier builds, for the most part, tend to have around +4 or more to all Soldier skills, so even with one point you could get substantial healing received from the skill bonuses.

This has been suggested before, even in beta testing, and the response was just to buff the flat health regen and add % health regen. I think they want to avoid making builds like Warlord even more tanky (healing received makes much more of a difference than health regen) and it has become a meme to call Warlord broken.

Yes, that’s why I said even more hp regen etc. as you invest more into it. Regen Warder tank non-meme one day maybe? Hmm. Also given that some of the offensively ridiculous power of warlord getting tuned down over time, re-looking at veterancy doesn’t seem to be as big a deal.

Yeah, people invest in Veterancy on cunning dump builds and health regen builds. But the idea of healing effects is ok.

If it makes Soldier too tanky (which is certainly a good point) the skill could use some other bonuses. Maybe some minor energy regen as some Soldier builds have troubles with it (although it could also turn the mastery a little too much to the jack-of-all-trade side, idk).

Perhaps have it “reversed”, i.e. give it reduced cunning requirement for weapons instead? Or spirit requirement for weapons and armor?

Cunning makes the biggest difference on blademaster (inherent DA and %cunning boosts) and warlord (needs every scrap of OA it can get). Giving a healthy boost to the health regen would primarily benefit warders and witchblades, who aren’t near the top of the soldier class hierarchy in any case.

This skill was slightly buffed in a recent patch, but the benefits of investing more than 1 point are still very low. So I suggest further improvements.

• Add Reduction in Internal Trauma. (Same value as Heart of the Wild)
  • more +%Health Regen (Same value as Heart of the Wild)
1 Like