{Request} Game of Thrones Mod

Simply a classes mod to represent iconic characters in the tv show would be a start than maybe legendary equipment based off of items in the show ( even the horn could be in the game) … and eventually maps of the actual places would be epic … I would donate 100$ as would many others once this kind of mod got going.

I would donate 100$ as would many others once this kind of mod got going.

I highly doubt that, maybe you would but many others? Lol.

Round up 500 people willing to donate 100$ and I’ll quit my job and do it.

I like the idea but i dont think this will happen in any way.

There may be 7 classes =7 House
Each house has specific dmg types like starks=cold, targeryens=fire lannisters=chaos
The main story could be roberts rebellion etc

the white walkers taken over (aetherials) :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t have to be houses. You could add Faceless Men (nightblade), Wilding, and people who worship god of light or whatever fire thingy is.

But I’d like to play Tyrion Lannister who has ability to use Telekinesis to pick up objects and drop on enemies and then fist skill punch their groin, stun them for 10 seconds in pain, then finish them off with crossbow shot in chest like he did to his father.

targaryen as summoner class with dragon pet. Immune to fire damage.

Khal as berserker class who is unable to equip chest slot armor, but passive bonus to hp, physique, and cunning. They can dual wield axes

Arya or Jaqen as Faceless Men rogues who deal poison damage and assassination

I could go on and on, but you get the idea

i was over reaching a little bit… but im sure alot would be willing to donate 25$ for a decently well done mod conversion based on game of thrones.

Most modders mod because it’s something they want to do. There probably would be people who’d donate some but in the end it wouldn’t be enough to justify it if they were doing it just for money.

What you’re proposing is basically making an entire game, or nearly so. It took a group of 10 (actually the majority of that time it was far less) people nearly 7 years to make this game.

If one person were to do it not only would he need lots of time he would also need to be proficient at writing, game design, an adequate artist, programming etc.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

you are talking as if total conversion mods never existed though.

it has been done before.

countless amount of times.

I know that the modding tools are extremely limited right now and that if crate doesnt ease up on the restrictions… many mods in cluding this one may as well be buried in impossible land.

however other games have been modded by people (or teams)

however considdering how complex some of the mechanics are in this game im sure its not as simple as modding total conversions in other games … and im not saying that…

im just saying its not impossible… its been done before… its doable…

if a team of modders happen to be huge game of thrones fans.

Sweet!

if not i can dream that perhaps atleast a mastery mod will come out representing iconic characters from the tv show.

that would suffice for me. well classes and items actually.

Hmmmm nice idea, but i already accepted there wont be a good GoT game ever… And yeah i know the telltale ones, they are okay but its more like a film with irrelavant dialogue options…

Actually I more hinted that stuff like that was done because the person or persons wanted to do it. And not just for money. You would have to get lucky enough to find people that were that huge of fans of both GD and GoT to do it. Which I’m thinking would be unlikely to happen.

You’d be better off starting to learn to use the tools yourself to achieve your goal. While learning and if you gain some traction and new friends you may even be able to convince others to help you.

I’ve actually seen some of the modders mention surprise at the amount of freedom they do have in comparison.

That would probably be the easiest bit to do and from what I can see would be the most plausible right now.

It was the map making / world-building part where I became skeptical because it would involve alot more time and effort. You’d want some kind of newer enemies to fill those maps… White-walkers, disgruntled sadistic Ramseys, the Mountain (pre and post-op) etc… you could probably reuse GD’s zombies for filler. Then you’d need some story and quests.

But ya, actually recreating areas of GoT would be the most demanding. Making items also requires some skill from an artist and 3D modeler. As well as any new art you may need for new enemies and bosses and world/map art.

You’d probably also have to throw the donations completely out the window and not even hint at them since you would then be potentially making money off someone else’s IP which could land you in court if you didn’t immediately scrap it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk