[Request/POLL] Bring back Giant Colossal Form

If you played some TQ you may have encountered this skill. In GD you cant find it anywhere! There must be a reason why Possession Giant Form was removed. Could it be that in this form the char is exposed more to being stuck in small doors or pathways and Crate is avoiding this issue.

Iwant to ask Crate if its now engine - feasible to explore the possibility of having this skill back in the game and be incorporated into gear, perhaps exclusive to a legendary set and name it Colossus Set:cool:

If Titan Quest is successful to have this skill in game, then perhaps GD can too?

What do you think? Do you want to see Colossus form in Gd?

Simple answer why it was removed. Because you get stuck in doorways/rooms and can’t get out until you shrink back down again. You have the same problem in TQ. So no, I can’t see Crate bringing it back in GD1 or 2.

Mobility runes might fix that issue no? I mean, leaping through walls is apparently within the realm of GD’s physics :rolleyes:

Giant Smash mobility rune for the win:cool: Quickly transform into a Grumpy Giant then do a leap hulk smashing enemies into oblivion:D

We used to have it in Possession.

They got rid of it for a multitude of reasons, but one very significant one is it lets you bypass the move speed cap of 135%. Basically, MS scales on size. Being bigger literally makes you run faster. Considering how many skills are balanced around being right on that edge of MS where they can’t hit you if you are running away.

Being bigger also makes you more prone to eating shotgun hits.

Being bigger also looks kinda dumb.

/opinion

Been tried and removed due to too many problems with getting stuck all the time. Far more problems that it’s worth and just because TQ (or any other game) has xyz it doesn’t mean GD has to copy everything.

TQ has no doorways in most cases. The only “doorway” in TQ is a cave, therefore Colossus Form can exist without having to worry about anything. GD is completely different, doorway here, doorway there, here a fence, here a palisade. There’s a chest in a house, you want it, getting stuck again. Another issue are the small entrances, even if the height is not a problem, the width might be.

Haven’t played TQ much have you. :smiley: There are plenty of doorways: entrances to caves/ruins, doorways in said ruins, doorways in temples, Sphinx, Gardens of Babylon just to name a couple.

I called those by “cave”. Outside there are not many of them, you can count a few in Orient and few in Egypt. And there’s not really much time you spend in a cave in the first place, and if it takes a while, Colossus Form goes off before you leave. I also remember moving freely with Colossus Form inside caves where doorways existed, in Egypt.

Agreed. 10chars

You mean being giant and Colossal is dumb. No wonder nobody likes and voted for Benny in my nemesis polls !:eek:

just make a mod for it to show how you can balance it and what it would bring to the game.

no. it will be too hard to balance giant form.

and as others have said, it makes moving very painful even with mobility runes (try doing pathfinding when being swarmed in crucible/sr and in small spaces), and makes your hitbox bigger for those shotgun and aoe attacks. aoe will be more deadly since evading them will be harder and aoes upon aoes will be stacked on you.

i’d rather have shapeshifting mechanics which will provide many different playstyles (especially for hybrids). but that most likely will need GD2 and new engine.

Pathfinding in crucible is easily fixed if you use the forced movement function. Chances are, what’s stopping you from path finding is CC like freeze or trap.

Zantai says NO :wink:

This. TQ is filled to the brim with doorways, every area pretty much has at least one doorway. It made Colossus pretty much only usable against bosses and even then, shotgun skills would deal more damage to you because your hitbox would be larger.

I’m sure Zantarin would like Colossus form to be in the game.

That is not happening.