Requesting build advice

Hello everyone. I hope I am posting this in the correct place. Im a bit new to GD(I have 2 characters but they are both under level 26) and am starting a 3rd, but this time Im following a loose Dervish build guide(https://www.gameskinny.com/977ij/grim-dawn-best-builds-of-2019). The problem is, the guide doesnt include everything. I have a few questions. 1) Should I put everything into Physique, or should I put some points into Cunning/Spirit? 2) Which Devotions should be bound to which skills? 3) What gear & components/augments should I farm for? I would like to make this build able to do all content, but I have little idea what Im doing and I know there are some pretty experienced and knowledgeable gamers on this forum. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I followed your advice and looked at the Compendium and found a build Id like to aim for. Would it be better to finish the game and start farming items before I build a Dervish? I know about GDStash, but I refuse to use it as I know all too well from experience with past games that modding saves ruins the game for me, however the thought crossed my mind to use it to make a level 100 “farming” character in order to farm all the items Id need. Are there any advantages to making a legit character as opposed to 'Stashing one?

I just scanned it, stumbled upon “Manticore” and came to an easy conclusion: guide is crap. But I kept on, guide recommends maxing Shadow Strike… obviously whoever wrote it was a noob. But I strode on in search of gearing… no gearing. Guide is trash, waste of time.

So, the truth is there are a few good dervish builds but the class was terribly nerfed. Some still good ones:

• DMT’s Venomblade (kinda low on dmg but solid, at least survived the onslaught of nerfs, my max dmg version didn’t)
  • my or thejabrixone’s Shattered Realm set (SR set rules, once you get it there’s no need to look for anything else)
  • Mad_Lee’s Phantasmal Blades (king)
  • also Stupid_Dragon’s “Virulent Dervish” beginner guide for less endgame oriented action

Search the forum for guides of these players and see what they use.

if you are really new and want to play legit, you should probably play a beginner’s faction geared build first, made by @malawiglenn or @Nery, maybe @BOG’s tanky AAR mage hunter. The compendium is mostly useless for new players, aside from seeing what set based builds one can aspire to do.

1 Like

more deterministic but stil random.

or battlemage, but most importantiy spellbinder with Theodin’s MI. But even aether gun defilers can make use of that set simply because it exists and it’s relatively easy to farm.

Dude. Beronath WB battlemage looks pretty fucking scary to me.

EDIT: I think I did one up with a sheet 2 WD value of about 38k with all permanent procs up
^That rivals 2H chaos builds

2nd EDIT: @arcane_undo - I misremembered. It has a WD high of 38k, and an average of 33k. That’s still huge though, especially with -99% phys res.

The thing I’m worried about with that build is reflect mobs, because I think you’d kill yourself.

And yes, spellscourcge allows you to cast devastation

1 Like

Sounds like piss to me :stuck_out_tongue:

@arcane_undo - right you are. I’ll PM you. Apologies to OP

Here is a dervish beginner guide from Stupid Dragon

Just follow this guide while leveling up and then decide where to go:
Start another toons awhich has an easier time to tackle the jucy endgame content for that farm.

Then you can trade for items on the forum and discord and can equipt the dervish into an engame build.

Furthermore if you have te recepie of one set item you can change it to the other ones as well via ‘Transmute’ .

There are some multiplayer games open for dungeon runs or crucible where you could participate even when you dont have the final gear.

If you are open to suport from other people the game is pretty forgiving with your time!

Always happy to provide surprises :slightly_smiling_face: [1.1.4.0] Krieg CT Spellbinder Gladiator capable

Build is capable of 7 minutes runs in Crucible and according to guy playing with it, can beat SR 65. I haven’t test it. I have played Krieg Battlemage but the Binder is way cooler!

2 Likes

If you fancy 2h weapons this is an enjoyable build: [1.1.4.2] Nightshade's Reach + Venomblade 2H Dervish (c+)

It means the fastest run recorded was~7min. This could turn into 9(or dead) with bad luck and bad play.

People usually goes to fastest time. I haven’t played it much recently so maybe it’s even better now. But Spellbinders are skill dependent. So for different players, results will vary a lot .

Thank you all for the advice! Im not insistent upon Dervish, in fact Dervish doesnt really suit my playstyle well. I like to hit and run, using hard-hitting skills frequently as opposed to normal attacking. I found a Purifier build that seems to be exactly what Im looking for ([1.1.4.2] Ulzuin's Barrelsmith - Skyfire grenadier reborn (6min buffed/bannered clear; 9min naked)), but if Im correct, it would appear to be an item-dependant build. If it is item-dependant, how difficult/time consuming would it be to collect all the pieces?