Rescale Iron Maiden as SR boss?

My Vindicator is quite good at doing SR65/66.
Certain bosses give me a hard time, if I accidentally pull the wrong combination of 2 bosses I die. Overal it is averagely challenging…Unless I encounter Iron Maiden.
There is currently absolutely 0% chance of me killing her. So if I encounter her I just have to quit the SR and try again hoping I won’t encounter her.
As a Nemesis I completely see her being annoying / difficult to beat. But in SR one would assume the content is roughly at the same level. The discrepancy between ALL other bosses and Iron Maiden is insane and spoils the fun for me.
I would think she needs some rescaling as an SR boss.
Or am I missing something?

Alternatively: Is there a mod to remove her from the game?

I don’t think the problem is Iron Maiden in SR 65-66, but if you want to eliminate it, surely someone who knows about mods can help you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer and maybe you are right. I find it very weird though that there is such a huge difference in difficulty between Iron Maiden and other bosses.

iron maiden checks your phys dmg mitigation (and evade piloting), armour rating, phys res
she can deal tremendous amount of dmg for sure, but it’s not really much different from other enemies that can do the same, they can just be easier to manually avoid the dmg where Maiden can be more of a straight up stat check (aside from her Blitz which you can manually avoid ofc).

If this was addressing sr 75-76 i could maybe somewhat slightly get onboard with the suggestion having merit, tho when you mention 65-66 it becomes sorta more in the “hard disagree” territory for me since i dont’ think her dmg check is unreasonable there at all.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

I don’t think SR level matters much as what I see is a discrepancy between Iron Maiden and the rest of the content at that level. She is far more difficult/annoying than anything else.
Having said that, I am perfectly okay with my evade piloting being off. It could be a skill thing, despite me not having issues with anything else. I’ll give that (yet) another try :smiley:
Her being just a stat check doesn’t feel right in a randomised context. But I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

it does, there is like a “cutoff” point in scaling if you will, where after 70 SR starts to get more difficulty which means sr 75 is oodles different in difficulty that in ex not just because of linear scaling but bonus stuff
and since the scaling then also at a base level doesn’t really seem to be just linear, even ignoring the sr70+ specific bonuses, means SR 50 is miles easier than 65
Personally i feel like sr 65 atm is in a really good spot, the patch 1.2 changes got it a neat little bump from “not merely easy” to decent, can still handle it on some strong budget builds, still has end builds that can’t clear 75 but handles 65 neatly, so it sorta gives a decent power curve in char progression, imo (where 75-76+ just feel like a straight up pass/fail for end builds only)

I don’t completely understand what that says about Iron Maiden in SR65 being significantly more difficult than the rest of SR65, at least for characters that can’t face tank a big chunk of her damage.
However, I might be the only one having this problem :slight_smile:

Edit: Thanks again for replying. I guess it is a ‘me’ problem. I gave it a shot in the mod forum.

it means you don’t have “enough” phys dmg mitigation “for that SR lvl”; you might for lower SR, you’d die faster on higher SR - your char could likely find the armour or phys res (or other mitigation) to deal with her high dmg phys hits, just like you do with other bosses and their high dmg (that’s easier trivialized through regular resist)chaos/aether/fire hits etc

1 Like

I guess. Just very silly that there is one randomised check for that. I think that threw me off. All of the rest of it is perfectly fine. I’ll look at my character again.
Thanks again!

You can post your build via grimtools here, pretty sure someone would make advices for you.
IM deals tremendous physical dmg, also internal trauma and bleeding dot, so if you stand on inquisitor seal it might mitigate her attacks fairly.

1 Like

I stand corrected. And honestly I should have known. The game has been very well balanced throughout and every time I hit a wall, a bit of ‘gear puzzling’ would make my character strong again.
It was just so strange to have that one boss stand out so much.

Anyway, I spent some time yesterday revisiting my gear, components and augments and managed to make my armor absorption much higher. Even 300 hours in I wasn’t aware of the importance of this stat.

Granted, I haven’t encountered The Iron Maiden yet, but I can see how this was probably a ‘me’ problem as the replies suggested.

@holystar88, I think that is a good suggestion, I wonder where I could improve more.
The gear seems to be the best I have. I know there are better gloves and some builds run with different shoulders (and then a different chest/legs combo), but I don’t have the shoulders, and this seemed to be the total best alternative for legs/shoulders/chest.
And I noticed on this character I am missing the skill point from the hidden path (working on that).

ps: some resistances show completely differently in game than in grimtools. I can see how some are higher because of buffs, but the overcap on my elemental resistances is lower in game.

Your DA is low. The Solemn Watcher constellation and the first node of Word of Renewall could help.

Thanks. What number an I aiming for?

Around 2800, for an offensive build.

Unless you get an extremely high damage.

Thanks for the advise!

So… I encountered Iron Maiden with my upgraded build and I beat her quite easily. I didn’t dare facetank her the whole fight, but I might have been able to.

I feel quite silly :rofl:

I will never ever even remotely suggest the balance in this game is off. I should have known better.

Thanks all for the advise!

she can actually potentially be easier to facetank, depending on your evade skill, since when you go X distance away from her she will blitz you which can both hurt in its own right, but also applies her sunder debuff, facetanking then avoids that (you can also just be good at sidestepping her blitz and effectively range fight her constantly but if you’re me then that’s hardz :sweat:)

I’ll look into that next time, thanks.
I also need to try the mod you made of course! It is not really needed, but fun to know if it works.

ye i’ve tried a dozen or so runs but not getting any spawns that would indicate it working or not
since i replaced her with fabius but also only encountering fabius once in like 15 rounds i didn’t get a good read on it (and to me looked like the regular Fabius spawn not a maiden swap on appearance atleast)