Restoring after HD crash

OK so here is the story. About a year ago I had a power outage and it fried my HD. At the time I was using GD Item Assistant and Grim Internals so the cloud saving was disabled and I lost all my saves and basically gave up on the game. So now I have decided that I would give it another go and loaded up the game. I had no characters of course but I decided to turn on cloud saving and a few really old characters were back. So that got me looking and I found I have a saved folder that has a lot of my old characters and info in it but I’m not great at knowing where to move files to and from to get them to work properly. I did manage to move a saved folder and now with cloud saving enabled I have a few of my old characters restored but they will only appear with cloud saving enabled. So I’m looking to get the experts advice on what if anything I can do to get all my old characters fully enabled and GD Item Assistant and Grim Internals restored. I know there are a million of theses posts and I have read some but my brain must be broken as I am still having issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Local saves are by default in My Documents - My Games - Grim Dawn - save You should be able to put your characters from the saved folder into that and it should work.

You can also move your characters from cloud to local by following the instructions here

Then you can turn off cloud saving in both the Steam settings and the ingame Options menu and should be able to use GI and GDIA again.