Restoring phys res on boots at the cost of reducing phys res on (arguably already squishy) classes

quoting from changelog:

Imo Occultist, Nightblade, Inquisitor and Shaman (pets) aren’t overperforming in the defensive department on current 1.2.1 (pre this change) compared to e.g. Oathkeeper/Soldier, so idk why phys res on boots should be restored at the cost of further nerfing those classes. Instead Stoneplate Greaves could just get %armor for example.

Sunder buff I think feels fine rn, so reintroducing it later seems okay to me, especially once the below has taken effect:

3 Likes

According to tqfan’s thread, the Phys Res nerf only affects the bonuses at Ultimate Rank, but really, when was the last time you saw someone hardcap Dual Blades and Aspect of the Guardian? They really don’t have the item synergy that would allow a player to be able to hardcap them while maintaining a coherent build.

I guess Cold Deathmarked might be able to hardcap Dual Blades, but seriously, when has that set ever been meta-relevant? Some Acid builds might be able to hardcap Aspect of the Guardian, but you have items like Anasteria’s Legguards which have weird skill bonuses like Nullification and Arcane Empowerment? If anything, these nerfs should be reverted to give players an incentive to actually try and hardcap these skills, as they provide some neat bonuses that would help out your build anyway.

1 Like