Retaliations Apex

I mean verdict at lvl 10 or 12. It’s how I play it and it’s a massive improvement vs mobs and bosses

It;s not OP at all. I begged for more attention to Hellborne again 2 weeks before launch and nothing happened. It was one of my favorite concepts that i wanted to post once game went live

Some iterations of retal need to be buffed, some nerfed. And that’s ok

I’m just going to leave this here…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pjLaLZ

This is v2 of my retaliation warlord. Try to compare the stats :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to sure what i’m supposed to be checking out ^^ the only note worthy thing it has of than mine is OA ^^ it’s got less defence and retal dmg added to attacks? ^^

It’s got more defenses and more damage if you follow the calculations through add things up - resist reductions considered.

Yours got bit more attack speed and regen and good chunk more retal added, but those items that add retal can be replaced by better items. DA low on purpose.

Additionally, shield stats are better, heath better, leech better etc. Also it has far more retal damage, and it’s nearly all focused into phys for resist reductions. OA to keep assassin’s mark up much better even on super bosses.

i’m glad your build is working out for you, but i’m gonna stick to my own setup ^^

Your choice, just posted if you wanted maximize.

I’m sure mine can be improved also, in fact it already has been several times since with small adjustments.

I see in grimtool that your elemental resis is not capped, is that intended?

grim tools doesn’t take the 15 ele res from Fervor into account ^^

how does this build deal with ranged creeps?

Retaliation Damage Added To Attack

jump and attack ^^

Sorta still new to this game (currently have a level 80), how do you level with retaliation/is it possible? Keen to try this build out but not really sure how to level with it haha.

dont level with retal ^^ go with fire and/or physical for the lvling process

> dont level with retal

Completely disagree. I mean, there’s not much retaliation gear before level 20 (but there is some, Isaac’s Spaulders and Stormcaller’s Circlet come to mind) but you can easily LMB your way through act 1 with whatever yellows you happen to find. Once you hit 20 you can equip briarthorn bands, razorback’s mantle, soiled trousers, then there’s more gear in the mid 20s and 30, faction gear at 35, and at 40 you can equip Perdition which will easily carry you to 65 for Perdition Boogaloo, and you can wear that all the way to 94.

I leveled 1-100 in a straight line towards my endgame retaliation build and never once felt weak along the way.

Retal is not weak while leveling by any means, but unless you’ve prepared gear, the leveling process is gonna take a lot longer than just rushing the game, weapon dmg style.

If you’re playing with an empty stash you’re going to level slower than an all blue twink no matter how you build. That said, sure, retaliation is more gear dependent than some other options.

“Don’t level with retaliation if you don’t have the gear” and “don’t level with retaliation” are two different kinds of advice.

it kinda feels like you’re just trying to get the last word here ^^

Can easily kill just about anything but the big divine bosses.
May I know what do you mean by Big Divine Bosses ?

Will this build be updated now that ret has been nerfed?