Returning player, need help with updating Cabalist build

Hi all,

A handful of years ago I got my cabalist up to 100 (first character) and did some farming/end game stuff. I’m coming back now and I want to update my build so I can finish farming Lokarr’s set (have 3 out of 4 pieces) and see what other trouble I can get into. I watched a build video where someone took their easy to gear/meme build to Lokarr and had a much easier time with the boss than I did. Additionally, when I went to kill Lokarr, I felt I was dying way quicker than I had in the past (though that could just be me being rusty).

Can I salvage/update this build to be more effective? Should I switch to another easy to gear cabalist build to have more success (keeping in mind this is my only lvl 100)? My bank is full of random mythics and epics, but I’m fairly certain they’re trash or not applicable to my build.

Old Dark One’s build

Any insights are appreciated!

Ghoose

You could try make it work. First of all get Scales of Ulcama devotion and level it up (with Experience potion it’s faster).

I don’t understand it. Does your in-game character have Scales of Ulcama or not?

Sorry that wasn’t clear. My character, in game, has Scales of Ulcama. When I try to put in the constellations I have in game into Grimtools, it just doesn’t add up to where I can have it.

THen maybe Import you character in Grim Tools please (import button and then you select your save)

And then share it with the button below

Well that was a lot easier. Thanks! I’ve updated the main post and included the link here.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25863yN

Just wanted to bump this up. Just looking for suggestions to update the build or if it’s better to switch to a different build. Thanks!

Are you sure this build is not enough for Lokarr? Do you lack damage or is it hard for you to survive? Maybe record a video of your gameplay. We could find you a different Cabalist build but it would take some work.

I tried updating this build for you Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

• if you want more Energy / passive sustain / 1 fewer button
    then Pox can be removed from the build and devo changed to have Scales instead of Rattosh
    Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

• medal - faction

• off-hand - target farmable

• boots - common drop

• that blue Vit DEE ring - not mandatory

• relic can be a different one with +1 Occultist and % Vit damage if needed

• high level components - farm totems for a bit if you don’t have blueprints for them

1 Like

At work now, so I’ll check this out more later. When I was playing the build 5+ years ago, I just remember it taking several minutes of me furiously kiting to take down Lokarr. I just recently watched a video a buildmaker posted showcasing a build, don’t remember which one, and he kept emphasizing that it was somewhat of a meme build and not very effective, but it still cleared Lokarr in a fraction of the time it used to take me. When I hopped in after that, I felt like I was dying even quicker than I used to, but again, that could be me just being rusty.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Try to play aggressively. Spam these Ravenous Earth on him as soon as they are on cooldown. Get hit so that you proc Spectral Wrath and Scales of Ulcama. Keep the curses on him permanently. Try keeping him in your Raveous Earths

Also my devo (the one with Scales) from the 2nd update link with Turtle is better (leveled up Turtle would help you in this fight) And also have another Scale hide for more armor absorption which matters a lot against these projectiles made by Lokarr.

Use Blood of Dreeg and Health Pot heals correctly (when low on Health). Spam Mark of Torment as much as possible from the start of the fight.

Necro points over 40 are wasted, I’d move them somewhere else. Also you Ravenous Earth / Decay are red / over the hard cap / drop these too

2 Likes

Alright, so I have started working on getting the gear I don’t have, so hopefully I’ll have it up and running soon. Forgive me if I’m asking an obvious question, but it seems like DEE is focused on acid/poison damage while the rest of the build is focused on vitality. Is that correct?

Yes but the off-hand converts it to Vitality fully. Also I’m not certain how much of improvement it’s gonna be although I did my best. You could try fighting Lokarr again with Turtle and my tips if you don’t feel like getting all that gear. Also maybe do a back up of your current character in case you don’t like my DEE variant.

1 Like

I actually really enjoy mixing up builds and trying new things, so I’m jazzed to give it a run. Again I appreciate all your help!

1 Like

Np, I enjoyed it too and I actually like this Dark One’s + Vit DEE concept that came out of this. Might make a beginner build guide for it some day.

1 Like