Reverted new fix or add an option to disable new changes

Hi. I tried playing with the new changes for about an hour and I can say it’s unbearable.
It’s uncomfortable to play with that rainbow traffic light in your inventory.
As for “hidden description”, this function just doesn’t work.
Could you add a separate option to disable the highlighting of new items in inventory. And also an option to turn on the permanently expanded description. Thanks.

4 Likes

As far as the green highlighting of new items is concerned:

Not doing it for me. It’s doing the opposite, I have to open the inventory twice to be able to see my loot. Because everything is just green.

In general, I pick up so much stuff all the time, that the function is pretty useless to me. If I want to find that item I just picked up, it will be green and buried in a pile of other items that are also green.

But this should really be in “feedback”

Yea, my bad. Wrong section =/

No, it shouldn’t because you’re on the playtest version of the game. This is exactly the right section to give feedback on that.

1 Like

+1, it does nothing of value for me in picking out what loot I hang on to vs sell.

I gotta agree here with both the glowing Green inventory item color and having to hit Ctrl to see the full item description!

Please add an option to disable both (especially the condensed item description)

Thanks as always Crate!

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

Adding new UI functions is great, but people should be free to turn it off if they don’t like/want.

While I think the highlighting is a cool idea, it is definitely too bright atm.

4 Likes

It just messes with my ocd - that glowing. I don’t think it was necessary at all.

Expand the condensed item description hiding system so I can hide stats not relevant to my spec (per character), also let me hide skills that aren’t enabled due to missing mastery as well as level requirements and stat requirements.

Oh my god tell me these colorful item descriptions are a mod and not something that’s coming to live!

jinsao is using rainbow filter if that’s what you’re referring to

No thanks. It’s already greyed out so it’s pretty obvious it’s not for that character and a large part of Grim Dawn’s charm is finding gear that inspires new build ideas. Then you’d also need another new hotkey to hold to show the hidden affixes - which you’re not sure are there.

Yeah, i don’t know how people can play like that since all the colors make it extremely confusing. I just see a bunch of green, pink, dark red and yellow, looks really ugly.

@Gumshoe
So don’t use it. I don’t know what your point about the “charm” of GD has to do with this though as it would be for equipped items.

@Norzan As a species we use colors and symbols to quickly show information without having to rely on words, has nothing to do with making it pretty or whatever. Same principle applies here.

Pointless reductive argument. Just reduce it to “1 button to win the game” or add infinite complexity and options because why not, someone wants them!

Pointless argument to a pointless comment :man_shrugging:

You proposed to introduce something new, then in response to an argument suggested not using your idea that doesn’t exist.

Being rational, you can’t just add little options for every tweak that any player might like (well actually you can just mod) or you end up with that old meme of the screen full of sliders.

My point was that the visibility of off-class affixes forms part of the itemisation design and prompts ideas for new alts. It’s not just flavour text.

1 Like

My proposal was to expand on the ability hide detailed information for components, augments and skills which is currently in the test patch and expand it to being able to hide stats on gear. This would be the best time to bring it up since Z is adding and changing stuff.

Games (GD included) already have pages worth of “little options” that only a minority of players will use and those options being there is good even if I don’t use 99% of them. Tooltip bloat has been something that has come up consistently since AoM as well. Some people want lore text at the bottom (assumed that they wouldn’t be able to disable it, but they’re not interested in it to begin with), others thought that the components and augments made the tooltips too long (which they do based on your monitor resolution), bringing us here.

These people (and myself) having the option to hide parts of the tooltip that have information that isn’t relevant to them wouldn’t affect their ability to make alts. A lot of us also exclusively use grimtools to plan alts and go through items so being able to hide stats in game wouldn’t affect us. For those that feel that the setting would affect their ability to plan things for alts, they can just not hide specific stats and nothing will change for them.

tl;dr: there’s no tl;dr

1 Like