Righteous Fervor (Oathkeeper) Skill After Conversion with Skill Modifier

what? that should “always” have been the case, at least it happened last time it was brought up/tested during the patch discussion post or something i think

What if we will ask developers to change Righteous Fervor’s Transmuter’s effects? Will it be correct? What I meant. After you invest one point in Dreeg’s Reproach then % bonuses for Physical and Burn on RF will change to % damage bonuses to Acid and Vitality Decay. The same will apply to Retribution where instead of the Internal Trauma damage their will be a Poison % damage.

Hm, I’m thinking they balanced both RF and Savagery around that factor somehow? That’s my guess at least.

No can do. Skill modifier changes do not reflect them on secondary nodes like Retribution, Avenging Shield, Crushing Verdict, you get the idea. The only exception is, I believe, is Guardians transmuter, but this one is a bit tricky as it “swaps” Guardians to Scions. You summon a whole different pet that way. It was also the case with Shaman’s Storm Totems like tqFan mentioned, but it was changed somehow because of certain exploit that would give it more damage “for free”.

And one last question about Righteous Fervor folks. If we speak about items and the transmuter to RF (Dreeg’s Reproach) does it means that their is no point to have items which converts some % of Physical damage to some other damage and especially to fire? As far as I understood during the conversion process Transmuter (Dreeg’s Reproach) works very first and that’s it and for instance an amulet which converts 10% of Physical damage to Fire or Chaos simply won’t work and will be useless.

I don’t follow. What would you want to convert damage to Chaos / Fire when you play with RF’s transmuter that’s Acid / Vitality?
Transmuter working before global conversion is actually good here because if you absolutely cannot get rid of such conversion in your equipment at least it won’t work on RF. Are you doing Vitality / Chaos hybrid build?

are you sure you’re not confusing secondary nodes with secondary effects ? Secondary Skill Modifiers
avenging shield and crushing verdict very much interact with main node, also when converted, transmuter or global
(unless you just meant tooltip-wise?)

Nah, that’s not what they’re talking about.

Let’s take Callidor’s Tempest for example, it has +%aether and +%fire on Inferno. Common sense will tell you that converting a skill to lightning or chaos would mean these %bonuses are wasted, which is a bummer. In practice AFAIK that %damage on secondary nodes does get applied no matter which damage type you convert the skill into because it was coded to do that.

No idea about %damage on RF though, if you don’t see it applied in your stats when you have RF on then it’s likely that it does gets effectively converted into %acid and %vitality respectively. Should be easy to test tbh.

1 Like

Nope. That was just an example. I just want to understand the theory.

i thought common sense/the general consensus was exactly that they got converted, and only secondary effects didn’t
otherwise investing in skill line mods without flat dmg would make the skills/investment useless on conversion builds, yet we’ve “always” seen that people took those stale/"% boosting" skill line mods

hence why when Xande then says ex crushing verdict doesn’t interact with Judgment, i get confused, because ofc it does, with or without conversion, since CV isn’t a secondary effect (and so i clarified if Xande referred to tooltip)

I was meaning a tooltip. OP was saying “change internal trauma on Retribution to poison” and I said secondary nodes don’t get updated values.

As for % damage from secondary nodes they are applied before conversion, so in case of Judgment and its phys/trauma gets increased by Crushing Verdict and then gets converted to whatever. No matter if through skill mod or globally.

1 Like

yep, makes way more sense, cheers for clarifying
and definitely not first time i’ve seen confusing about that/not changing in skill tree when using transmuter, and you have to hover over LMB/RMB assigned skill in char sheet page 2

It “works” since it gets applied to fire strike before the conversion takes place. The % itself doesn’t get converted.

1 Like

This is a weird sentence. What I’m talking about is when you use fire strike for another damage type than fire; the %fire damage on static strike node also increase that damage little bit even though you don’t have any fire damage nor lightning beside that skill grants for chance.

And what I understand from your sentence is; %fire damage on Static Strike applies to flat fire on FS before those get globally converted into another damage type; am I right? If so this explains it.

Yes, that’s correct and exactly what I meant aswell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, I always thought Static Strike as if another skill inside the skill like Explosive Strike or Brimstone. So it’s like innate buff, that’s nice and completely destroys the rumors that ‘‘the flat damage from static strike doesn’t add to your WD so you can’t lifesteal from it.’’. Thanks for clarification.

Yep, static strike is just a buff to FS, while explosive and brimstone are “standalone” skills proccing off of FS. At least that’s my understanding and I’m like 99.9% certain that’s correct. Static strike is generally rather underrated imo.

1 Like

Yep, I made a few builds that hardcaps static strike and as far as I experienced, the damage increase was great and worth the points. But I also remembered that in some old thread, people like Mad_Lee etc talking about ‘‘you can’t lifesteal from static strike so it’s only a one pointer.’’ that bring me into doubt. Now I don’t have any :slight_smile:

Because FS lime is already hungry and sometimes you don’t even have the conversion for it.

To correct myself here, Brimstone is both a buff to FS (the flat damage) aswell as a “standalone” skill (the projectiles), afaik.

Indeed, depends a lot on the build and its conversion.

It’s a buff for melee builds, projectile for range builds. The main target doesn’t get hit by it with range weapons. And can’t lifesteal from it because it has no WD. That I’m sure :rofl: