Ritualist Pet Summoner - Shaman/Necro

I’m eyeing for this build too very detailed explanation hoping this build doesn’t change anything on the latest patch

Check out my build guys! :slight_smile:

Wow nice!

Can you post your grim tools? I’m currently leveling one of these guys and am torn on which devotions I should use. I like OPs a lot but will also be tinkering with other combo’s.

I would be extremely interested in seeing the Grimtools link for that build as well.

great. I actually have a lvl 100 ritualist with Beastcaller set and Yeti. This is what you also have. But I tried to do it only with cold damage (and Bane of the Winter King) and it sucked a bit in the end so Im curios about your devotions.

there is a link on the youtube video on the description :smiley:

@arn quimson thanks for the new build you just build our hopes alive on ritualist :smiley:

Not to rain on anyone’s parade here, but putting a few things into perspective:[ul][li]This build author uses consumables, including the hilariously OP Wrath of the Beast Tincture (+100% crit damage); in contrast, top builds per this community’s build standards don’t rely on consumable use and none of the top Gladiator builds use consumable in their videos.[/li]
[li]Despite consumable use, 141-150 clear time is an anemic 6:20 compared to 3-4m for top builds. [/li]
[li]The build suffers frequent health “chunking” with sharp drops of over 50%, including a health drop down to 16.8% at 16:35 and staying at critically low health for over 6s.[/ul][/li]All of which is to say that the build in the video simply isn’t endgame competitive with other top builds. And that’s not a knock against the build or the build’s author at all - it’s IMO the best Ritualist pet build I’ve seen to date, hands down.

What it does say is how uncompetitive pet builds currently stand at endgame. As I previously described in more detail, it’s almost two months after AoM’s release and there’s still only one endgame competitive pet build to date. This isn’t a Ritualist problem, or a Conjurer problem, or Defiler/Spellbinder/any other class problem - this is a pet build problem. And for those in this thread who are having problems with making a pet Ritualist build work, you should consider leaving feedback in this thread or elsewhere to help Crate understand the scope of the problem with pet builds and how it impacts build diversity. Remember that people are having more success with even ranged builds than pet builds these days!

Good luck with your Ritualist builds - keep up the good fight.

he has a cheated potion but Dashiv, you realize he is on hardcore right?

nobody wants builds there with very low clear speed but doesnt mean we care AT ALL on how fast ppl on SC kill a dummy or a mad queen. rly.

I dont know many testers but I know at least 3 who hate pets builds (Ceno, giblix and dikkie)… so they need more testers who love pets. And they need a set for Winter King weapon too.

Not even mentioning how much more skill, attention, and focus that one build requires to successfully pilot over it’s non-pet competition and the disparity becomes even more egregious.

(Also not mentioning the unequal amount of effort that is required to theorycraft the darned things to begin with)

Update for my build guys!.. and im still working for this build to beat extra spawn easily :smiley:

Update for my build guys!.. and im still working for this build to beat extra spawn easily

I think most of players enjoy the game as it is. Only few of us players care if our own builds kill mad queen in 4s or 20s. I dont play the game for competition about who kill who faster. I always build characters on my own without single need to replikate “proven” builds. I dont care if anyone using consumables or not. It is theyr own style. If You are somehow offended by reading someones build, my suggestion is Dont read it.

1 Like

So correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve been taking a look at the OP’s devotion, everything seems fine till I get to the shepherd’s crook… how the heck are you able to get it without the crossroads investment? Wretch, Fiend, Compass, Bat, Viper, Lion, Jaguar, Dying God, Bysmiel’s Bonds, and Rattosh, none of those give the points youd need to unlock the crook. On the devotion screen it says there’s 5 points in Ascendant and the crook gives 5 upon completion… so am I missing something here? Is there some late game thing that helps you get devotion for stuff?

First off - this guide is nearly a year out of date. There are much more recent pet guides out there…

2nd read this before continuing.

I think given that you focus on Necro pets as well, you can do far better than the Black Scourge for a weapon. There are sadly, not many weapons that augment Shaman pet skills, but there are a LOT that augment Necromancer ones.
Mythical Guardian of Death’s Gates, for example? It helps by converting pet physical damage to vitality - so you can focus on constellations and bonuses that augment vitality damage.
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8801

Though, huh, I never guessed Wendigo Totem heals pets. I always used Blood of Dreeg, since it gives regeneration and works on everyone regardless of where they are.

Yeah, the build is OK but you would need to use Mythical versions of most of this gear at this level.
I have both a Conjurer and a Cabalist, and I am also toying with a Ritualist idea. However, given how the Briarthorn and Primal Spirit mostly do Physical/Piercing/Bleeding damage, while the Necromancer pets do Vitality and Poison primarily, I am still wondering how to do it.

I tried out Reap Spirit but it felt extremely underwhelming. Putting 25 extra points into Necromancer just to get Master of Death is a big waste, when you can pick up so many more “useful” abilities in Shaman (Wendigo Totem/Blood Pact, Emboldening Presence, Primal Spirit, Primal Bond, etc.) Master of Death is likely a bit better than Primal Bond… but definitely not enough to warrant giving up any of the above.

If you are using Skeletons as your primary source of damage, it is a very weird choice to NOT choose Master of Death, when that provides Vitality % damage and conversion to vitality damage for your other pets! I mean, Primal Bond gives % all damage which is nice, but the vitality conversion is far more useful, given that your Primal Spirit and Briarthorn don’t do such damage. The bleed damage for pets is not that useful for this build, unless you go the way of Mogdrogen the Wolf, but given the vitality damage focus of your skeletons, Dying God is a better choice.

Dropped 50 in shaman down to 40 in shaman, pumped Necro up to 50.
Switched our Primal Spirit / Primal Bond for Master of Death / 1 in Reap Spirit.

Wait, how did you do that??? I was not aware there was any way to regain skill points invested in the skill bar in any way…

I would advise going back and editing your first post with the changes if you update the build - most people, myself included, will check your first post first and react to that.
I have a Conjurer who uses Mogdrogen the Wolf and my pets are pretty much unkilleable (not even Lokarr could kill them, though he can still kill me - I need to wait until I complete the Beastcaller set before I try to kill him again). Since unlike a Cabalist build, you have less pets, I focused on survivability for the pets. Mogdrogen the Wolf compliments a Shaman pet build well because Primal Bond already adds flat bleed damage to all pets, and that constellation greatly enhances it. I use a Mythical Will of Bysmiel and a well rolled Bound Wraith in combination to basically have the Primal Spirit out all the time (lives for 25 seconds, and skill reload is 29.5 secs, so basically I only have a 4 second cooldown).

this has worked like a charm for me :smiley: . i flew through the whole game with this build :smiley: .

I have a silly question. On the raise skeletons skill, it shows “skeleton warrior abilities” and some adicional porcentagem. I would like to know what abilities are this and when it happens