Runed Dagger of Dreeg

Anyone else noticed how this weapon gives poison and vitality damages and itself deals chaos damage? Can’t tell if this bullshit is intended or not, but it doesn’t make any sense at all.

Mythical Runed Dagger of Dreeg
Runed Dagger of Dreeg

This is not a grimtools mistake, I just got the non-mythical version and chose to talk about it.

Looks like the idea is for you to use the spell it is named after and fits nicely, not attack with the dagger itself.

Wouldn’t mind it dealing Acid/Poison or Vitality damage though

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68887

If they intend to look into sets then they should take a second look at conversions on Rimetongue and Ragaddon. Considering those are currently in testing it should be less of a PITA to change them

Not really, DEE has a %Weapon Damage component and it affects performance.
The other sources of Poison i.e Shadow Strike, Dreeg’s Afflicted Spines and Dreeg’s Infinite Gaze are also affected by this. It make a minor impact on performance which is why I don’t feel too strongly about any of this.

I searched the forum again after you sent this link, and I actually missed this topic. But because of that, Crate might consider changing the damage type as another retard sent the same issue.

But honestly though, this doesn’t make any sense at all. Doesn’t matter how you look at it, it either has effectively no base damage itself or reduces your damage output if you use DEE.

Dreeg’s Evil Eye has a tiny amount of weapon damage (15-18%) so it doesn’t really effect casters.

It might effect Acid Witch Hunters that use Lethal Assault and Beronath+WPS but there are arguably better weapons to use like Plaguebearer of Dreeg, Venomlash, Basilisk Claw etc.

I agree that it’s odd for Runed Dagger to have Chaos damage but changing it either doesn’t impact builds or there are far better options available.

You miss some stuff related to DEE, see this experimental warlock build, so I can’t agree with your statement.

Didn’t think about the modifiers on the Groble Toxic Effigy/Voice of Dreeg, so DEE can get more weapon damage than I had thought. I take back my earlier comment then, Runed Dagger should be pure Acid.