Sanguine Lupus - Pet Conjurer

Thank you for the fast reply and thank you for all of your work! I really love pet build and all of your pet build is good and fun to play.

1 Like

I had all the gear, in a pre-SR Conjurer build, so I specced into this one. Very strong, I’m just getting used to the skill rotations. I know it wouldn’t be the best in this particular build, but what do you think about the Mythical Heart of the Sand King amulet? One just dropped for me, it’s really ace for pet bleed damage. I personally wouldn’t swap for the Mythical Will of Bysmiel amulet because of loss of Chaos resist and boni to Primal Spirit and Familiar.

Without Myth Will of Bysmiel, no 0 Cool Down on Primal Spirit. Also Will of Bysmiel means no mana cost for Primal Spirit. That is why I chose it over Sand King amulet. But Sand king should also work.

2 Likes

OK, that’s exactly what I thought, I love my kitty too much to gimp him.

1 Like

The Devourer of Food version has been updated. It now has 58% Pet Phys res and +383% Pet HP :yum:

Hmmm… wonder if they realized that Seer’s could stack with the CDR the weapon already has. Wonder if that’s intentional even. Kinda interesting to think about if that might open up some new builds even outside of pets… The only other weapons that have that is the spellblades and i don’t think those had it before either.

Might have to get back to farming these again at some point. 8% CDR should be enough to get rid of either the offhand or the amulet with a good CDR roll on whatever offhand you use, and still have 100% uptime on primal spirit.

Dropping the amulet, with a 18% CDR roll on bound spirit, you get 0.2 second downtime on primal spirit. (18 + 4 + 8, assuming no CDR amulet)

Dropping the offhand for a 19% offhand, you get permanent uptime on Primal Spirit.

Sovereign Ruby could replace the amulet as well for similar effects, on the note of CDR amulets…

The amulet is for mana less Primal Spirit :stuck_out_tongue:

Blame @sir_spanksalot for the number of Greens on this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP5QBGN

Build does have 76% Pet Phys res though.

1 Like

Build updated. Made changes. Build is however too glassy to push into SR 80+ with any consistency.

Tagging @AngmarDT for suggesting dropping Ass Blade for Typhos.

Seems no sense to keep Mythical Heart of the Mountain for the Chillmane? It dies so fast against Crate and Callagadra so perhaps it is not as efficient as i hoped.

Is maxing Hellhound improves damage?

If i die during first attempt on Crate, is it worth trying again during same game session or is it better to replay?

Correct on Chillmane. Also the reason why we are not using Dirge Pet here. Since item CD aren’t affected by %CDR, you also have to wait the full CD to re-summon them.

Also, Will of Bysmiel gives Mana less Primal Spirit. That is pretty big QoL since we don’t have Tree of Life to help with mana.

Yes, maxing Hound improves dmg. While it still is no Briarthorn, it does decently, especially when combined with Falcon Swoop.

Thanks, for SR seems Chillmane is fine, for super bosses it makes difference.

Do you think Cataclysm Eye is fine for off-hand? I like +1 to all sills and resits a lot.

That would further Hurt the reliability of Primal Spirit since Bound Wraith gives flat CDR and Atk Spd for PS. Currently, Primal spirit has No Mana and No CD, pretty much making it a free, permanent pet.

Can’t get that without the off-hand + amulet combo. And since it is one of our biggest dmg dealers, I can’t say how much it would affect the build.

Clear, will have to farm the off=hand then, maybe it’s the reason why i can kill them, thank you.

If i die during first attempt on Crate, is it worth trying again during same game session or is it better to replay?

Do note that I am using an Off-hand without any affixes. If you can get a double rare one with Pet bonuses, that would show even better results.

For Crate, better to restart since the endless wave of Crates will just make things unnecessarily harder.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12178 an interesting ring with flat bleed damage for pets.

I did think about switching to those, but we lose the +2 to Briar per ring though. Perhaps something else can be changed around to get back the +x to Briars.

Edit: Hm… need to try this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0X5naV
Will also give extra pets :yum:

respecced, still get destroyed by crates even quicker than when i had Chillmane. I can’t understand what i am doing wrong, watched the videos, other guys just destroy him within fractions of seconds while pets are doing damage, my pets got busted in seconds and no damage at all. Guess i give up.

:slightly_frowning_face:

That said, don’t be too disheartened by it. Lupus is rather glassy compared to my other builds. Fluffy Squishy for example, can do SR 90+ without much trouble while I was running into problems at SR 81 with Lupus.

Btw, I will try the CrimsonBriar rings + new weapon as per the link in my previous post and let you know how it goes :blush:

1 Like

@AngmarDT To update on this, tried it. Kill time on Cally is the same 12 mins, but with the added benefit of this:

That said, I did take out DEE from my list of skills (so no more -15% enemy Phys dmg from its transmuter) and we have -15 Bleed RR from the weapon swap. So, considering all that, it is pretty gud :+1:

Now need to test it against Crate and stuff…

PS: The Chthonian Devourers are Cute :heart_eyes:

EDIT: And 2 min Crate kill once again. Build getting changed into CrimsonBriar rings + Black Hand.

Ty for suggesting the rings :blush: