Saved game fails to load

I played yesterday and the game crashed while autosaving 3 times. I was able to load a save afterwards without trouble the first 2 times, but after the third time, I abandoned the game. I tried the latest autosave today, and the game crashed before completing the load. I tried all the other saves I had and got the same result.

And it’s the second time that happens. I had another town in an earlier patch and I still can’t load it at all. I know this is early access and that both towns were late game with more that a 1000 pop, but this is extremely frustrating.

Please upload the saves that are crashing/not loading.

Saves are located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\Farthest Frontier\Save

Zip up the entire TownName_###### folder along with the .map file and .sav that reproduces the issue. If the files are too big, you can use a service such as Google Drive to share it with us.

Thanks.

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OejwyP8GcRKHg9t0pk5LLQBaNRRP-8i6/view?usp=drive_link)

You will need to grant public access permissions for those files so we can download them.

Forgot about that, sorry. Done!

Thanks for submitting that. I haven’t been able to repro a load/save failure with either of those saves. I’m almost wondering if you’re running out of RAM. With such large town (1600 villagers and lots of buildings, etc), RAM usage is pretty high, especially on save/load. Can you create and send a DxDiag.txt file? Here’s how to do that:

That might be possible, I don’t have the best PC ever. I’ll send you the file and you might be able to confirm if that is the case.
DxDiag.txt (121.3 KB)

Yep, looks like you have 12GB of RAM. I’m fairly sure you’re running out of memory. However, I did note your .sav file is 500GB which is HUGE. Way larger than I think it should be. I’m going to look into that next. It might explain why memory usage is so high for this save.

Thanks for sending this all in. I’ll be investigating that next.

Thanks Westfaliah! At least I know what the problem is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.